Omoplata Finish

Eze

2qum7bt.gif

LOL.... Check out that flexibility. BUT everyone has their breaking point

I use it a lot when I miss triangles. I usually only works on big muscular guys that aren't very flexible and if you don't secure the waste forget it. My buddy showed me the sickest omplate ever that you do after someone shoots a inside single on you and they successfully got your leg. You post their head and then do a front roll and figurefour your leg. It sounds confusing as fuck but it's tight as hell!

So that's what an omoplata looks like. I see fighters trying to set it up once in a while but have never seen one. No wonder they never get executed in fights, an athletic fighter would never get themselves put in that position. I can't really see what he's doing on the left side.

That's not really a good basic example of what it looks like. That is kinda advanced/hard to see because of the Gi's. Picture having a triangle and when your opponent postures up you take your leg thats not on your opponents neck and rotate it forwad and figure four (or triangle the arm that was trapped, creating the triangle).

Fuck it, this shows descent pics

BJJ Technique: Aranha Omoplata

That's not really a good basic example of what it looks like. That is kinda advanced/hard to see because of the Gi's. Picture having a triangle and when your opponent postures up you take your leg thats not on your opponents neck and rotate it forwad and figure four (or triangle the arm that was trapped, creating the triangle).

Fuck it, this shows descent pics

BJJ Technique: Aranha Omoplata

Ohhhh, so that deal with pulling the leg over the head is really just a means of tightening the arm triangle. Ok then, it's a lot simpler than I was thinking. It's been a good day for submissions, I also saw my first twister.

I will see the omoplata more frequently when more and more people start to master the rubber guard.

Without the flexibility it is hard to do the omoplata especially in MMA where the guy on top is trying to bash your face in.

I have got a few omoplata's in training, but they came during a scramble and it wasn't my intention to do one. I just ended up in that position and finished the sub.

I will see the omoplata more frequently when more and more people start to master the rubber guard.

Without the flexibility it is hard to do the omoplata especially in MMA where the guy on top is trying to bash your face in.

I have got a few omoplata's in training, but they came during a scramble and it wasn't my intention to do one. I just ended up in that position and finished the sub.

Same here. It's also very tough for us short stocky guys ;) We don't train it awhole lot in MMA training because it can easily cause shoulder injury. When we do train it for a combination, we go very very slow! :)

The Twister is a wrestling pinning combination commonly known as a banana split.

The one I was thinking of, or at least the one I saw (it was actually a female mma match) was more of a neck crank from the back with hooks around one leg. I'll see if I can find the video.

Did a little research.

Twister

The twister (a similar move in wrestling is known as a guillotine) is a sideways body bend and neck crank, which involves forcing the head towards the shoulder while controlling the body, hence causing lateral hyperflexion of the cervical spine. The technique involves tension in several bodyparts, and depending on the flexibility of the recipient, can also involve pain in the knees, abdominals and torso. The twister is often confused as being a spine crank since it involves a degree of lateral non-cervical spinal flexion. The main pressure is however on the cervical spine, hence making it a neck crank.[1]

First twister performed in regulated mma. YouTube - Gerald Strebendt vs. Dave Elliot at Cage Warriors 2004

Yeah, technically. The Twister is when you grab the head with both hands and arch sideways. The banana split is when you grab the other leg above the kne and spead the legs apart. I'm still stuck in my wrestling terminoligy. P.S. If you get caught in a Twister... your an idiot. If your opponent is behind you, NEVER reach back. That is the first thging that gets taught in wrestling on the ground. After stance, shots, and sprawling its, never reach back.

Defending chokes from the back is easy, I don't see how people get caught in them unless they're getting pummeled.

Submissions 101 is re shooting a lot of their videos. Some of them were done over a year ago and there were alot of errors or details missing

Yes they are reshooting a lot of their stuff and now their main gym is a 10th Planet affiliate so there will be a ton of rubber guard stuff too. Who here actually trains?

Back