On gear not working out...

Rball

I have spoken with a few people lately that have used gear for several cycles and worked out dilegently during that time to achieve their goals. They put a lot of time and effort into their training not to mention a lot of financial resources.

These same individuals have then just stopped working out. A couple due to work, several due to other reasons. But they stopped for several weeks.

Is this common? I would think that the dedication would not stop aat this point but would continue for some time. Everyone gets burnout in their hobbies but to spend that much time and cash on it then just stop?

Several were on gear and then stopped working out in the middle of the cycle.. but kept taking the gear...

Just curious what yall thought.

Talon

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not dedicated and wasting their money. These are the ones that make steroid use look bad. They think it's a magic pill -- just take it and you'll be beautiful. The wise know better.

unfortunately not all of us can live in the gym. other outside influences have to take precedence somtimes. there have been days after working 12 hours that i just didn't feel like going to the gym. granted i work a pretty physically demanding job, but it happens. i have gone alomost a week during this cycle without showing up at the gym(and felt like shit i might add). but when i am there, thats when i make it count.

now stopping your training all together, thats a different story.

i think everyone gets burned out, let me tell you after this cycle i am completly burned out. i train 6 and 1, even though i do not want to work out i make myself go and afterwards i happy i went.

fr8tren said:
unfortunately not all of us can live in the gym. other outside influences have to take precedence somtimes. there have been days after working 12 hours that i just didn't feel like going to the gym. granted i work a pretty physically demanding job, but it happens. i have gone alomost a week during this cycle without showing up at the gym(and felt like shit i might add). but when i am there, thats when i make it count.

now stopping your training all together, thats a different story.

I agree on all points. I just don't have the luxury to eat whenever I want like if I were in school, so I just go with what I've got. And sometimes you have to miss a workout here and there due to work or other things that come up in your life.

It's a question of priorities. Look at Arnold, he was adamant about working out regardless. I would lose all of my friends if I were to do that. Since I don't have the genetics (not even close), it's a no brainer for me.

It's all about balance
This about sums it up. Fact of the matter is life goes on and I'm pretty sure very few if any I us will ver be training or the Olympia. Live life and enjoy.. Not not work out at all while on cycle is just retarded.

I started a test/tren cycle then got severe tennis elbow... I decided that I didn't want to do pct... So I dropped the tren and lowered the test to 300... For 6 weeks I could only do legs ( my favorite anyway) and lats and abs... No pushing or pulling at all. I still "showed up" while I was healing. It was all good. As I started to heal, I slowly went back to my regular routine. As my elbow was delicate I learned a lot about proper form just paying attention to the lingering pain. I'm all healed now... And restarted my cycle as planned. Sometimes you just have to adapt to what life throws at you .

I'm way more motivated to workout while on because I know the cycle will end sometime soon. Gotta get the most bang for your buck.

Back