one-arm push ups

LOL....thats funny you posted this thread because my wife was just asking me to do one armed push ups last night, and she was laughing at me. haha. yes I can do them, and what do you mean..."what is it for?" What the hells what for???

Onswoll said:
LOL....thats funny you posted this thread because my wife was just asking me to do one armed push ups last night, and she was laughing at me. haha. yes I can do them, and what do you mean..."what is it for?" What the hells what for???

he wants to know why one would do one armed pushups. to impress your wife i guess.

i can do them angry, but not part of my workouts. Brat likes to watch me do them.

we used to do them at MT training as part of our warm up. Basically jsut a variation of the standard pushup but with more focus on the triceps and balance and co-ordination

now when you say one arm pull up do you mean one hand on the bar and one on your wrist or something else... thats the only way i know of doing them. cause i can do those

AngryMuscles said:
what is it for?
I've come to the conclusion that their primary purpose is to tear up your elbows, since that's where I start hurting first. I can do a bunch of them, but rarely do. Mostly an ego thing for screwing with people who can't do them.
They're easy if you get wide. I think half the energy goes into keeping your balance, otherwise. Spread your legs, keep your upper arm tight into your body, and the off-side shoulder up, so your arm is pushing relatively straight out.

GymBum said:
now when you say one arm pull up do you mean one hand on the bar and one on your wrist or something else... thats the only way i know of doing them. cause i can do those

can he do them using one arm unassisted by anything

I was an CPL. in the Marines and this one time in formation i was caught talking by my SGt. Well he called me out and told me to do push ups till he said stop. Well me being a smart ass dropped down did 20 right arm push ups right in front of his face, stood up and got right back in formation. Nothing was said after that!!!

I've done them in MMA but I see no real point in doing them and I feel its probably a risk to the shoulders. This is what weak people do to show off.

Feel free to experiment with one arm dumbell presses or hammer presses if you want some kind of changeup.

Back