Opinions on POST WORKOUT SMOOTHIE please

sonnycoolguy

v posing w/ Amy Goodman v
Hey all.
Concocted a sweet sweet smoothie, tastes great. Was wondering if it is a good PWO shake ...
8 oz apple juice (sometimes I put an apple through a juice extractor and juice myself, but most of the time I just use Kedem apple juice, which is sweet and tasty and seems completely unnatural as its texture is nothing like a regular apple's juice through the juice extractor)
4 oz almond milk and 4 oz water (just to add liquid)
2 cups of frozen fruit (1 cup of frozen strawberries, a few pieces of frozen mango, and 1 cup frozen berry medley (blueberries blackberries raspberries) ).. the frozen fruits I get from WholeFoods, big packets of frozen berries are 3-4$ which I've never seen anywhere else..
and 40 grams of Vanilla whey protein (I have optimum Gold Standard at home)

seems like a good combo of protein carbs and sugars, but I could be COMPLETELY mistaken so I wanted to consult you guys. I want to have this immediately after working out and running, before I stop sweating.

So the smoothie is as follows, I'll reitterate without the notes ...
8-10oz apple juice
8oz water and almond milk
2 cups frozen berries
2 scoops whey protein

it doesn't need honey or sweetener since the apple juice is so sweet. yall should give this a try it's great =) thick, cold, sweet.
Thankss !!!!

Again just wondering if this is good for immediate consumption after a workout, I still plan on having veggies and meat an hour later. Thanks !

Hey 3J, thanks for replying, love your posts, was particularly interested in what you and DirkMoneyShot had to say (I was active years ago and he was the nutrition guru at the time)...

I'm a really small guy, fat and trying to get in shape again ...
20 years young, 5'4", 160lbs, I'd say bodyfat is upper 20s but I could be completely wrong, could be less could be more .. I was going to take pics and send to you if you don't mind estimating

I will be starting a diet and training log again soon, just been insanely busy w college. Just started working out again, for the last month been gymming twice a week and working out at home twice a week. I've also been doing sprints once a week at the track which are great but leave me sore for 4-5 days. Dropped a clean 15lbs in the last two months.

So I was wondering if after a good workout (my workouts are about 5 excersises followed by 20 mins of cardio ... i.e. back day would be deadlifts, pullups, barbell rows, shrugs, standing curls, db curls, then a mile run, and 10-15 mins of incline walking). I usually have a whey shake and banana waiting in the car and I have em before I stop sweating.

Do you think this would be a good post work out shake for me ? Also I will pm you soon with pictures if you don't mind estimating my bf, I have no other means around me of getting that checked =(
Thanks !

Your more then welcome to send me pics. As for the smoothie i would minimize the apple juice and use a banana

Back