Optimal HCG Dosing Times....

one way step

Does the scheduling of HCG doses in relation to taking test cyp. shots have any relevance to optimal results? Is there any real difference between dosing on the same days as test, a day before, a day after, etc?

I dont have any data on this but seems to me that logic dictates hcg timing is not significant. Well that was clear as mud! Lemme try again:

Not long after one starts pinning test the boys stop producing because they are no longer getting any signal to do so. Like any other muscle, once not in use (at all) they begin to atrophy. (Shrink)

HCG injection is like taking your balls to the gym for a workout. Giving them a couple of workouts per week seems to keep them in the game, at least a bit.

The regular test pinning has no bearing cuz shut down is shut down. Nut workouts are independent of that.

I think ??? ;-)

Maybe I should rephrase. Has anyone found they get better results from HCG when they take it either before or after their test shot? HCG and test both will drive up estradiol, I'm just wondering if the order of taking them makes any difference on that. Plus they both have different functions, so I wonder if the order would make any difference.

HCG will cause you to make some natural test, and in turn a bit more estrogen. So from that standpoint would probably be best to take it on the last day before your next shot, when your test level from the previous shot is at a minimum.

hcg after test pin to keep it all evenly paced since your nuts will stop producing test on their own as soon as they get the signal to stop.

hcg after test pin to keep it all evenly paced since your nuts will stop producing test on their own as soon as they get the signal to stop.

I've been trying to find studies on actual testosterone produced by hCGs actions. Ive found a study thats repeated over and over on Google about hCG and testoserone inside the testicles themselves but found 0 studies on blood testoserone levels. Ive basically ran off the uninformed assumption the testosterone produced from hCG isn't all that much and the effects are not long acting. Ive since seen "hcg mono therapy". My last vial of hCG I preloaded had varied doses from trying to back load and trapped air bubbles. Shrinkage set in fast with under doses at about 1 week. It also rebounded fast with proper doses. 1 week range. It was like an hCG lotto.

I just had labs done and had pinned my hcg, 500ui, the morning before. What significance would that have on my lab results?

I just feel my guys for size. Hcg is one thing I'm using I really don't know a whole lot about. I'd love to learn because my meds cause leydig cells to desensitize/produce less.

Generally the best results I've gotten from taking HCG on TRT is taking both 500iu HCG with .25mg arimidex either the day before my test shot or 2-3 days afterwords.

Taking more than 1 dose of HCG per week usually sends my e2 too high. Through trial-and-error, the once a week 500iu dose gives me the most ideal results.

But I do get some crappy sides from HCG, namely sluggishness and water retention. So I'm thinking maybe taking it the day before my test shot would be best for me, since my test shot reduces the sluggishness and gives me more energy. Not sure if it will do anything about the water retention.

HCG is a great addition to my routine for the same reason as everyone else; boosts sex drive and reverses testicular atrophy. I also find it makes me better in bed (I tend to have premature ejaculation when just on test). So I do want to keep adding it but I worry about the water retention.

I got blood work the other day; waiting for results to come in.

Now you know why 200 mg/wk put you over 1,500

I did the pin and then labs called and it was the next day or January. I guess I don't feel as testosterone filled as I did pre-trt so my total and free T surprised me.

Generally the best results I've gotten from taking HCG on TRT is taking both 500iu HCG with .25mg arimidex either the day before my test shot or 2-3 days afterwords.

Taking more than 1 dose of HCG per week usually sends my e2 too high. Through trial-and-error, the once a week 500iu dose gives me the most ideal results.

But I do get some crappy sides from HCG, namely sluggishness and water retention. So I'm thinking maybe taking it the day before my test shot would be best for me, since my test shot reduces the sluggishness and gives me more energy. Not sure if it will do anything about the water retention.

HCG is a great addition to my routine for the same reason as everyone else; boosts sex drive and reverses testicular atrophy. I also find it makes me better in bed (I tend to have premature ejaculation when just on test). So I do want to keep adding it but I worry about the water retention.

I got blood work the other day; waiting for results to come in.

9-10 hour post hCG my wife is like a lake to a man who has been lost in the desert. It is the highest libido time. Hcg day is also the day my nipple soreness is the worst, not really that bad tho. Ive thought about breaking my ai into evenly spaced 1/4 tabs. Thanks for the detailed experience dosage post.

What is your current AI routine?

I split my 1mg arimidex pills into quarters using a pill cutter. I usually aim to take .25mg (maybe .5mg) at the same time as I take HCG to directly combat the nipple issues/water retention that HCG causes for me.

If I'm not taking HCG, I will take my AI on the same day as test, usually every other week.

1/2 tab with test pin every 3.5 days. My soreness doesnt seem to be associated with the hCG except it's peak is hCG day/right before next dose.

Added: I ran high estrogen pre TRT so I concider myself "prone" to high estrogen. With excellent labs my nipplesoreness is actually slighly improved. My last labs were at the peak of soreness donuts a good reference for top estrogen level once the results come back.

Last edited:
Now you know why 200 mg/wk put you over 1,500

I posted the same Lab results when I was on 100 Mg of Test C ~ twice a week.
Then had to go for a Presurgical Workup.
Did my last shot, 3 days before, and wasn't expecting a Total Test to be done.
As this was my 2nd Hip Replacement, and a Total Test wasn't done for the 1st Workup.

Boy was I surprised when I got a call from the Doctor.
He's like, whatever you are doing, Stop Now, your Total Test came back at Greater than 1,500 Ng/dl.................. JP
P.S.
And I wasn't doing any HCG.

I got my blood work in today.

Test: 245 ng/dl (range 348-1197)
E2: 14 pg/nl (range 7.6-42)

This was taken six days after I took my weekly test shot (200mg) and four days after I took 500iu HCG and .25mg amiridex. Honestly I'm surprised the test was so low, and I'm a bit surprised that my test was so low even though it was six days later. I've been taking 200mg test every week for years.

What would be disruptive about 500iu once per week?

Also, these numbers came after one week of 500iu HCG. Prior to that I was taking 200mg test per week

I got my blood work in today.

Test: 245 ng/dl (range 348-1197)
E2: 14 pg/nl (range 7.6-42)

This was taken six days after I took my weekly test shot (200mg) and four days after I took 500iu HCG and .25mg amiridex. Honestly I'm surprised the test was so low, and I'm a bit surprised that my test was so low even though it was six days later. I've been taking 200mg test every week for years.

Something is way wrong with your blood test, or what you are injecting. 200 mg/wk puts me over 1,200 ng/dl. That's at 3.5 day intervals, but even at your weekly interval something is way off.

One Way Step, something is definately off with your lab test. You should not be that low on 200 mg of Testosterone.

Is there any chance you have a bad batch of Testosterone ? Labs are usually spot on with their results. Just trying to help you figure this out. I would get retested.

due to the nature of the negative feedback loop of your hpta, hcgs minimum dosage frequency has to be twice a week. there are studies that support this claim.
What would be disruptive about 500iu once per week?

Also, these numbers came after one week of 500iu HCG. Prior to that I was taking 200mg test per week

Back