Optimal training routine while on gear?

IRON_MAN

A Man with a Plan!!!
What do most feel is the optimum training routine to yield the the most "mass" while on gear? This of course assume the diet is proper.

1) For instance, a 5x5 or HST which is use sub maximal weights or training using very low reps and heavy weights (1-3rm).

2) Also, training the muscle 2-3 times a week (high freq, low volume)
vs 1 time a week (low freq, higher volume).

If you have links to other programs/threads that would be great.

here's another:
http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

but frankly, i'd say any routine that is effective without gear is effective with gear. i am personally not a fan of 1x per wk. my take is that 2x per wk (min) is better suited for strength AND size (assuming diet of course). the difference between the gear and non-gear versions would be the weights lifted - obviously your going to lift more in the former.

some more routines i like: DC & WSB

silver_shadow said:
here's another:
http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

but frankly, i'd say any routine that is effective without gear is effective with gear. i am personally not a fan of 1x per wk. my take is that 2x per wk (min) is better suited for strength AND size (assuming diet of course). the difference between the gear and non-gear versions would be the weights lifted - obviously your going to lift more in the former.

some more routines i like: DC & WSB

where's your journal silver?

pullinbig said:
where's your journal silver?
lol are you trying to call me out or something? i haven't started an online journal yet - neither here nor on EF where i've been posting alot. at the moment i have journals written down for my own reference but since i've been getting time to browse only at work it's not possible to post my journals till i get some time to post from home

silver_shadow said:
lol are you trying to call me out or something? i haven't started an online journal yet - neither here nor on EF where i've been posting alot. at the moment i have journals written down for my own reference but since i've been getting time to browse only at work it's not possible to post my journals till i get some time to post from home

no, if i was calling you out i'd say im calling you out. im jes interested in seeing your training and #s.

it takes less time to post a journal than it does to read all this stuff. =0l

pullinbig said:
no, if i was calling you out i'd say im calling you out. im jes interested in seeing your training and #s.

it takes less time to post a journal than it does to read all this stuff. =0l
no problem... i promise you i will get it underway sometime :)

thought id chime in here and ask the same question. My training buddy firmly believes in the german volume or 10x10 training system whilst cycling on gear. Whens hes off hes just goes back to the basics like a PB routine.

Please feel free to comment on this

Bump for more opinions.
Basically I need to know what is best, each body part 2 or 3 times a week with low volume(1-2 work sets). DC professes the more often, the more growth phases you will experience per yr,.... if recovery is adequate to allow it.

Back