Organic apple cider vinegar

I picked up some delicious pineapple vinegar last time I was in Tijuana and works wonders on me when I hit the burritos late night.

Cool, pineapple has bromelain in it - helps to dissolve food faster. I think I mis-spoke earlier about boosting stomach acid - that's betaine, not bromelain. Both can help heartburn.

I used to have chronic heartburn issues too, then like DPR said I found out the problem is not enough acid - not too much. Some things to try are don't overeat as too full a stomach can cause acid to back up, don't eat close to bedtime when you are going to lie down.

For supplements what worked for me was digestive enzymes and papaya extract, got both from Whole Foods. A couple of each a couple times per day. You can also take bromelain to boost acid. All these things helped, and over time the problem goes away. At all costs don't take anything like Nexium, or proton pump inhibitors, and wean yourself off Rolaids.

Also if I take ibuprofen for a couple days in a row the heartburn returns, so I don't use it except for extreme cases.

You're spot on with not eating close to bedtime. I was dying from heartburn and my doctor asked if I ate before bed and I said yup a lot of food and all the time. I also would sleep eat all the time and as I got older the heartburn got to be unbearable. After cutting my eating out from 2-3 hours before and after a couple months of my esophagus healing up I rarely get heartburn anymore. I used to wake up choking on my stomach acid and it would burn so much it sucked like a mutha fucka!!!!

Great Thread - I have zero acid reflux issues and eat super clean - digestion is rock solid due to high fiber diet. Are there other benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar? Also interested in pill form. Just as effective as liquid?

I eat a decent amount of food at night mostly cause being in construction it's hard to get in all my cals/protein during the day so I make up for it at night. I guess hitting a joint at night don't help either lol. I def stay away from the sugars that late cause if I slip and eat shitty at night I feel horrible the next morning and don't sleep well at all that night. And yeah the heartburn is burning hard when I do that. Thanks for all the responses guys !always loved this site !

So, back on topic to ACV. I saw a post somewhere where a guy started taking it and his arthritis in multiple joints faded away.

That right there is reason enough to give it a shot for me, though I really haven't yet. Add it to a long list of chemicals to try out someday.

When bulking i wake up in the middle of the night and eat a full meal.

High fiber is a problem if it is supplemented because of the carbs. Naturally high fiber is fantastic for you.

i eat Chinese when bulking since an hour after you eat your hungry again but defitnetly stay away from anything too greasy before bedtime and always do a shot of dark vinegar before hitting the pillow.

When bulking i wake up in the middle of the night and eat a full meal.

High fiber is a problem if it is supplemented because of the carbs. Naturally high fiber is fantastic for you.
I feel you on that one. wake up hungry in middle of night.... i usually have a protein drink going and have some of that and a hand full of nuts, if i stay awake too long its harder to get back to sleep... but sometimes i just eat small meal and go back to bed.

I used it to help fat loss (was being pushed for that) and didn't notice much if anything, but it is supposed to be good for you so I was not bitter about it, just might not buy it again.

I used it to help fat loss (was being pushed for that) and didn't notice much if anything, but it is supposed to be good for you so I was not bitter about it, just might not buy it again.

Hmmmm, I've dropped 5-7lb in first 10 days. It's prob just cleaning me out but I feel much better without 7lbs of poop in me lol

Back