Orgasmic Dysfunction - What is Causing the Problem?

IMT staff

Official Sponsor
Some men can get a decent erection but can't have an orgasm. Some men actually fake orgasms due to this issue.

The technical term for the inability to reach the Big O is anorgasmia, something that falls under the broad umbrella of orgasmic dysfunction. The prevalence of this has been estimated to be between 8% and 14% of adult male population. If you consider that an even higher percentage of men probably have delayed orgasms as well, this is a real and common issue - one that almost rivals premature ejaculation. And it can be just as hard on relationships and self-esteem as premature ejaculation.

Of course, a somewhat delayed orgasm and the accompanying control that comes with it can actually be a good thing for your relationships. The extreme, though, can really cause a lot of stress.

SO WHY NO ORGASM?

https://increasemyt.com/blog/orgasmic-dysfunction

:angel2::doggy::smooch::p:beertoast

I don't have any problems with anorgasmia, but I've noticed the orgasms I do have in the past few weeks have gotten less intense. Less contractions, less of an endorphin rush, less feelings of release and well being afterwards. My sex drive and erections are great, this is definitely messing with my head thought. Have you ever heard about that as being a side effect of TRT?

I've been on TRT since September, my T and E2 levels were good the last time I had them checked in November. I'm not supposed to have them checked again till next month, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long if this is a sign something is amiss. I'm not currently taking HCG, thinking about trying it to see if that helps.

I don't have any problems with anorgasmia, but I've noticed the orgasms I do have in the past few weeks have gotten less intense. Less contractions, less of an endorphin rush, less feelings of release and well being afterwards. My sex drive and erections are great, this is definitely messing with my head thought. Have you ever heard about that as being a side effect of TRT?

I've been on TRT since September, my T and E2 levels were good the last time I had them checked in November. I'm not supposed to have them checked again till next month, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long if this is a sign something is amiss. I'm not currently taking HCG, thinking about trying it to see if that helps.

Yes this seems to be typical of men on TRT who do not use HCG, after long periods.

It would be a good idea to add HCG, even if you don't do it all the time. HCG can be ran for periods of time intermittently with your TRT.

This should help quite a bit. This is something IMT has wrote about often and one of the reasons they strongly advise HCG. Unfortunately your sex drive altogether may start to diminish next without stimulation to the testes.

Hope this helps.

I know this is a serious issue for some men, but the thought of faking an orgasm does crack me up a bit. I mean it's pretty obvious when men have an orgasm as there's a cleanup operation afterwards. Or does this mean that there can be ejaculations without the orgasm?

That would be insane if the latter. FWIW, I do see a TREMENDOUS difference between PRE-TRT and many years later; making the "o face" certainly carries with it a monster ab workout.

It's the HCG man. ...
same thing here being off it the first 2 months of TRT.
My estro was highish on reg panel....
didn't want to compound the problem by adding in HCG while trying to get dialed in. ...
was waiting on lab results to see what I'm working with.
welcone to TRT man.....
the constant task of monitoring estradiol, messing with the right dose of a.i. to keep things in equilibrium as best you can.

Lol....

Yes this seems to be typical of men on TRT who do not use HCG, after long periods.

It would be a good idea to add HCG, even if you don't do it all the time. HCG can be ran for periods of time intermittently with your TRT.

This should help quite a bit. This is something IMT has wrote about often and one of the reasons they strongly advise HCG. Unfortunately your sex drive altogether may start to diminish next without stimulation to the testes.

Hope this helps.

So true. That 500 iu dose of HCG, day before T shot on my last protocol had my balls leaking pre cum when some college chicks were in plain sight. They all looked hot...
TRT no HCG is a weak libido even though the T levels were the same. GP told me yesterday that HCG doesn't do anything nor maintain ball size while on TRT. You cant argue with stupidity like that

Off HCG, my nuts are small, my loads are lumpy, my libido diminishes, I feel inferior.
On HCG, my nuts swell, my loads are back to how they used to be, my libido improves and I get that tingly feeling down below that I fookin love!

For what its worth....
HCG mono vs TRT mono...
From my personal trials...
I had a higher libido on HCG mono and TT was 510 ng/dl.
Way more than just a Test level that effects libido...

Hope this helps.

I did not know this. my friend not say they have problems only that it better on hrt.

You won't regret the HCG. I suggest you recheck your Estradiol in a month or two to see if you need to increase the AI dose

yeah that is my plan. I'm not taking any AI at all right now, so that was my main hesitation with HCG, adding one thing, then having to add another. Like playing whack a mole. The orgasm thing though is too much, I started calling them Boregasms lol.

yeah that is my plan. I'm not taking any AI at all right now, so that was my main hesitation with HCG, adding one thing, then having to add another. Like playing whack a mole. The orgasm thing though is too much, I started calling them Boregasms lol.

An a.i. on your current TRT only pritocol would be disastrous.
You're what 32 pg/ml reg panel for estradiol?
I can lower my e2 a bit much with 0.125 mg E3D and on exact same dose Test as you.

An a.i. on your current TRT only pritocol would be disastrous.
You're what 32 pg/ml reg panel for estradiol?
I can lower my e2 a bit much with 0.125 mg E3D and on exact same dose Test as you.

Yes Reg Panel. Yeah it would be crazy to ad an AI to that. Hopefully adding HCG doesn't make it go up too much. If it does though I"m going to be ultra careful and take as little Arimidex as possible. I don't care if I have to crush the pills into powder and weigh it out by the microgram. I've heard too many horror stories about guys crashing their E2 and feeling like shit for months to go that route.

Yes Reg Panel. Yeah it would be crazy to ad an AI to that. Hopefully adding HCG doesn't make it go up too much. If it does though I"m going to be ultra careful and take as little Arimidex as possible. I don't care if I have to crush the pills into powder and weigh it out by the microgram. I've heard too many horror stories about guys crashing their E2 and feeling like shit for months to go that route.

I wouldn't worry too much. Some guys are very sensitive to hCG but the majority of us don't see any major spike in E2 because of it.

You might even feel better if your E2 gets a bump. I felt like shit with mine in the low 30's on the non-sensitive assay.

I know this is a serious issue for some men, but the thought of faking an orgasm does crack me up a bit. I mean it's pretty obvious when men have an orgasm as there's a cleanup operation afterwards. Or does this mean that there can be ejaculations without the orgasm?

That would be insane if the latter. FWIW, I do see a TREMENDOUS difference between PRE-TRT and many years later; making the "o face" certainly carries with it a monster ab workout.

Men can have an orgasm without ejaculating -- or so they say.

Do a search on the word "injaculation". Here is some info.

How It Works
During ejaculation, semen passes through the urethra, a tube leading from the prostate into the penis. This tube expands just before ejaculation and can be felt through the perineum, the area between the scrotum and the anus. The urethra can be closed by applying firm pressure to the perineum, preventing semen from flowing through it. In the finger lock technique, 3 fingertips apply this pressure just before one reaches the point of ejaculatory inevitability (the point at which nothing can prevent you from proceeding to ejaculation). The tips of the ring and middle fingers are laid across the tip of the index finger, forming a small triangle. The tip of the index finger then presses directly on the urethra while the other two fingers hold it in place. The fingers are kept in place until ejaculatory contractions cease. Erection subsides as usual, but no semen emerges.

Some Taoist teachers in the Western world call the location to be pressed during the finger lock the "million-dollar point," a term that conveys the value of avoiding ejaculation. The "million-dollar point" is said to be on the perineum just in front of the anus, a location you can detect by the way it yields slightly to pressure. Pressing there also squeezes the inner end of the corpus spongiosum, a long internal chamber that runs through the entire length of the penile shaft and swells at the outer tip to form the penis head. [For more, see Penis Anatomy & Erection in JackinWorld Science Corner.] Pressing the million-dollar point while you are erect will push a bit more blood into the penis, causing it to swell slightly or to bounce in place.

Some finger-lock practitioners report it produces intensified orgasm. Whether you close the urethra or not, rubbing the perineum during masturbation can be extremely pleasurable. In addition to externally stimulating the prostate gland, rubbing the perineum massages the PC (pubococcygeus) muscle, which runs through the perineum and connects to both the anus and the scrotum.

Good Or Bad?
Taoist teachers who advocate the finger lock or similar techniques believe every expulsion of semen from the body weakens the person and endangers his health. Although this assertion is said to be based on centuries of accumulated experience, there is no available scientific
or medical evidence to support it.

Moreover, preventing ejaculation may have bad effects. Of some concern is retrograde ejaculation, or "injaculation," in which semen backs up into the bladder. One way to determine if this has happened is to collect a sample from your next urination. If the urine is cloudy, it probably includes semen. You may be able to prevent this from happening the next time by moving your fingertips closer to your anus, stopping the semen before it reaches the point where the bladder feeds into the urethra. This adjustment requires very fine tuning. However, even if you prevent semen from entering the bladder, seminal fluids will still be forced back through internal valves designed to control flow in the opposite direction, with the full explosive power of ejaculatory contractions. Study of prostate problems among men of all ages suggests that retaining too much unexpelled semen or "necrotic fluid" inside the body may contribute to serious health problems. And the famous Dr. Drew Pinsky of MTV's "Loveline" has said injaculation is a bad idea and can possibly lead to fertility problems, though we have no idea where he got that information.

Furthermore, a great deal of evidence has accumulated to indicate that the perineum is quite vulnerable to damage. Both nerves and blood vessels crucial to sexual functioning are found within this area, as long-distance bike riders have discovered to their dismay ***8212; the regular pounding the perineum receives from a traditional bicycle seat can contribute to impotence. This problem is now taken seriously enough that bicycle manufacturers are developing alternative designs that put the pressure on the inner thighs instead. For further information see the article "Spokes Man for a Hard Problem" by Steve Mirsky in Scientific American Presents, Volume 10, Number 2, Summer 1999. While the finger lock may not necessarily do such damage, the perineum is clearly not designed to withstand high pressures regularly.

Our initial consultation with a Taoist expert on male sexual function indicated there should be "no problem" with the finger lock ***8212; he compared the technique with the results of a vasectomy. But this comparison does not hold up under scrutiny. Vasectomy involves surgical excision of the vas deferens, the tube that carries sperm from the testes to the ejaculatory duct. A vasectomy therefore prevents only the small fraction of seminal fluid that contains sperm cells from being ejaculated, whereas the finger lock prevents any semen at all from being expelled. A vasectomy is a birth-control procedure, and it has no effect at all upon either sexual function or masturbatory pleasure. Of course, the finger lock should never be considered a means of birth control ***8212; it simply won't work for that purpose.

When we approached the American Urological Association for an expert opinion, we were told they do not answer questions and exist only to serve their members. We then found a medical Web site that discussed retrograde ejaculation, but only from accidental trauma or as a side effect of surgery. Eventually, we made contact with an Australian physician whose responses proved far more helpful. Evidently retrograde ejaculation in itself ***8212; that is, the forcing of semen into the bladder ***8212; usually does not cause any particular harm. The doctor cautioned, however, that traumatic pressure to the urethra should be avoided. While admitting that very little research exists on the subject, he further cautioned that "any interference with the discharge of either semen or urine is a big 'no-no' in the presence of infection, since infection must be encouraged to be flushed out." Any kind of infection can become much worse if it spreads into the bladder. Lastly, "if it hurts, then don't do it!" We thank this source for his valuable assistance.

Is It Worth It?
Personally, I value the good condition of my body. For example, for the last year I have been learning the Japanese Tea Ceremony, and I often spend several hours at a time sitting on a tiny one-legged stool to avoid getting numb feet. As much as I love the Tea Ceremony, however, I don't like the feeling of such prolonged pressure on my perineum, so I alternate sitting on the stool with periods of sitting on my feet. To me, the health of my perineum is worth more than a million dollars, because it plays an important role in my ability to experience sexual pleasure.

The claim that manually preventing ejaculation is good for the health seems suspect. While many males experience lassitude or even a state of mild depression following masturbation ***8212; especially after a "quickie" in which one doesn't take the time to fully enjoy masturbation ***8212; something as natural as ejaculation couldn't possible be harmful to you. Besides, whether or not your semen leaves your body, the physiological changes that accompany orgasm and which produce this lassitude or depression will occur regardless.

The finger lock technique, which can produce injaculation or retrograde ejaculation, may not be particularly dangerous when done "properly." But is it worth a risk just to prevent a mess? For such a purpose, why not go to the minor trouble of using tissue or a sock? Furthermore, there are plenty of safer ways to enhance your enjoyment of masturbation, many of them described in detail here on JackinWorld. We provide the information and inspiration ***8212; it's up to you to make the best decisions for yourself.

http://dodsonandross.com/blogs/eric-amaranth/2008/10/safety-million-dollar-spot-and-injaculation

Ive never been on roids at all and I havent had an Orgazim in over 10 years.. The Mechanics work and it goes off but no big O... Last time i can remember having an orgazim was when i was arround 16.

Even with my girl i have no orgazim... just a release.

My blood work results were 180 in the test department... Dont know the units but im going to get tested again.

Back