Pac-man vs Suga shane!

jimbo79

stop fn staring!
Pacman demands
or fear of being outsmarted by Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao, by way of his lawyer Franklin Gacal, said in a text message late Tuesday night in the Philippines that the Filipino fighter will be “demanding a penalty of $10 million per pound or a fraction thereof over and above 147 lbs during the weighin” in relation to the March 13, 2010 fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Gacal, however, made it clear that the “penalty applies to both fighters”, meaning if Pacquiao fails to make weight, he will also be forced to cough out the same amount.

Against Juan Manuel Marquez last September, Mayweather was compelled to pay Marquez a total of $600,000 for coming in at 146 lbs. The agreed weight was 144 lbs. Mayweather went on to beat the overpowered Mexican on a lopsided 12-round decision. It is unclear if Mayweather will agree to what appears to be an over-the-top demand by Team Pacquiao. Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions are staging the fight and a formal annoucement is being awaited anytime this week. Both fighters are guaranteed a purse of $25 million each and their total earnings can go up to as high as $40 million apiece.

That's alot of money right there!

I say pac-man will ko mosely...in the 7th

pac-man is a mean angry little dude, mosley does not have the balls to trade so this fight goes to a decishion ( sorry for my spelling )

Pac-man is tip top shape...not a decision

Your right, Im just saying no one will try to take the fight to him, If he ko's him he will have to chase him down, I hate that.. its one thing to be elusive but floyd, shane type fighters tend to run away and sneak punches. thats why I love the ufc, if someone does that a couple times dana white will find a wrestler to take them down. ANY boxer will get smashed by an mma fighter.

Your right, Im just saying no one will try to take the fight to him, If he ko's him he will have to chase him down, I hate that.. its one thing to be elusive but floyd, shane type fighters tend to run away and sneak punches. thats why I love the ufc, if someone does that a couple times dana white will find a wrestler to take them down. ANY boxer will get smashed by an mma fighter.

Tim Silvia would disagree. He got canned in 9 seconds in his own sport by a 49 year old boxer. That kills your idiodic idea of ANY. You also have guys like Kermit Cintron who were college wrestlers who Sean Sherk bitched out against.

Sherk didn't bitch out against Cintron. DiBella would never let him out of his contract and it was nothing more than a minor attempt to get some publicity by Cintron.

So, correction: 99.9999999999% of the time, a Mixed Martial Artist will beat a boxer. Plus, it's not like Sylvia lost to a nobody, journeyman boxer.

Sherk didn't bitch out against Cintron. DiBella would never let him out of his contract and it was nothing more than a minor attempt to get some publicity by Cintron.

So, correction: 99.9999999999% of the time, a Mixed Martial Artist will beat a boxer. Plus, it's not like Sylvia lost to a nobody, journeyman boxer.

Bullshit, Mercer was shot to bits, and had never been a Championship calibre fighter. He lost every time he stepped up.
Sherk responded that he had never even heard of Cintron, and that Kermit was a nobody. Dana doesn't want to bring over any top level boxers that have any experience on the ground. He openly backed away from Enzo Macarinelli who was a world level Cruiser that trains on the ground also. Saying that the UFC is nowhere to learn on the job. He also never invited over 49-3 professional boxer, and Judo blackbelt Jeremy Williams when he washed out of boxing. He would rather put on a farce with a 41 year old brain damaged middle weight that has 70 pounds hanging over his belt. Not to mention putting him in with an All time great world beater like Couture in his first bout.....keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Last edited:
Bullshit, Mercer was shot to bits, and had never been a Championship calibre fighter. He lost every time he stepped up.
Sherk responded that he had never even heard of Cintron, and that Kermit was a nobody. Dana doesn't want to bring over any top level boxers that have any experience on the ground. He openly backed away from Enzo Macarinelli who was a world level Cruiser that trains on the ground also. Saying that the UFC is nowhere to learn on the job. He also never invited over 49-3 professional boxer, and Judo blackbelt Jeremy Williams when he washed out of boxing. He would rather put on a farce with a 41 year old brain damaged middle weight that has 70 pounds hanging over his belt. Not to mention putting him in with an All time great world beater like Couture in his first bout.....keep drinking the Kool Aid.

I'm not denying that Mercer was not decades past his prime, but his still an Olympic gold medalist and former HW champ. You can easily say that you're just twisting around certain facts to support your position. Personally, I hate Dana White and think he is slowly destroying the sport, but that's irrelevant to the conversation.

The problem with boxers is that they are far too overconfident in their hands and do not understand the nuances of the entire sport of MMA that, literally, starts from the ground up. However, there will never be a time that an elite, top-flight boxer makes the transition to MMA while he is still in his prime. The contracts that boxers sign are exclusive and Dana will no co-promote any events with any other promoters.

I'm not denying that Mercer was not decades past his prime, but his still an Olympic gold medalist and former HW champ. You can easily say that you're just twisting around certain facts to support your position. Personally, I hate Dana White and think he is slowly destroying the sport, but that's irrelevant to the conversation.

The problem with boxers is that they are far too overconfident in their hands and do not understand the nuances of the entire sport of MMA that, literally, starts from the ground up. However, there will never be a time that an elite, top-flight boxer makes the transition to MMA while he is still in his prime. The contracts that boxers sign are exclusive and Dana will no co-promote any events with any other promoters.

Mercer was never a true HW Champ. He once held the WBO Belt, which at that time was not recognized as a legitimate title by anyone. When he was a contender he lost on the way up to a geriatric Larry Holmes. He lost again trying to get a title shot to an absolute journeyman. He lost in his shot against Holyfield to grab a real strap, and lost again when he tried against Lennox Lewis. Leading up to Silvia, Ray had only had 2 significant bouts in a decade. In both fights he was blown away and stopped by Klitschko and Briggs. He was a low level journeyman when he fought Silvia. Relegated to fighting in Sweden under 2 minute rounds. He was beyond shot.

I don't think that most boxers have any illusions about taking on MMA fighters without real preparation. James Toney was no exception. He knew that he was gonna get dogged. He just needed money, and boxing was done with him. I train in an MMA gym daily, and it is the MMA fighters that have no idea just how difficult it is to take on very high level boxers.

Mercer was never a true HW Champ. He once held the WBO Belt, which at that time was not recognized as a legitimate title by anyone. When he was a contender he lost on the way up to a geriatric Larry Holmes. He lost again trying to get a title shot to an absolute journeyman. He lost in his shot against Holyfield to grab a real strap, and lost again when he tried against Lennox Lewis. Leading up to Silvia, Ray had only had 2 significant bouts in a decade. In both fights he was blown away and stopped by Klitschko and Briggs. He was a low level journeyman when he fought Silvia. Relegated to fighting in Sweden under 2 minute rounds. He was beyond shot.

I don't think that most boxers have any illusions about taking on MMA fighters without real preparation. James Toney was no exception. He knew that he was gonna get dogged. He just needed money, and boxing was done with him. I train in an MMA gym daily, and it is the MMA fighters that have no idea just how difficult it is to take on very high level boxers.

Maybe in a pure boxing sense, but it really is comparing two different sports.

Maybe in a pure boxing sense, but it really is comparing two different sports.

It is two different sports, but the idea many times that every MMA fighter is a great grappler bothers me. The fact is that a huge majority are shit.

It is two different sports, but the idea many times that every MMA fighter is a great grappler bothers me. The fact is that a huge majority are shit.

Still, most have years of submission wrestling under their belts. They may not all be ADCC caliber, but wrestling and BJJ are a huge part of MMA. You cannot be an elite fighter without having at least a solid base of wrestling and submissions.

Still, most have years of submission wrestling under their belts. They may not all be ADCC caliber, but wrestling and BJJ are a huge part of MMA. You cannot be an elite fighter without having at least a solid base of wrestling and submissions.

Yup, and Dan Hardy is a perfect example..sure you can get away with some wins..but when it comes down to it, you need stand-up and ground skills to get to the top and stay there.

And another example is that boxer that tried against Couture...not a fn chance

Yes, I remember GSP tried ADCC, and got flying arm barred in a few seconds.

Yup, and Dan Hardy is a perfect example..sure you can get away with some wins..but when it comes down to it, you need stand-up and ground skills to get to the top and stay there.

And another example is that boxer that tried against Couture...not a fn chance

Take it in context, Junior! Couture was fighting a guy with 80 professional bouts, no MMA experience. Confirmed brain damage, and 70 pounds above his prime weight. He was also a wash out in boxing that was done after losing every big fight that he had fought in years. He needed money, and boxing provided no opportunities. You don't know shit.

Take it in context, Junior! Couture was fighting a guy with 80 professional bouts, no MMA experience. Confirmed brain damage, and 70 pounds above his prime weight. He was also a wash out in boxing that was done after losing every big fight that he had fought in years. He needed money, and boxing provided no opportunities. You don't know shit.

Yea thanks

Used to love Boxing, sad to that it has fallen so far.

I agree, I used to be really into boxing...than mma exploded. That's what happend around here anyways.

For example...say your at a pub and strike up a convo with any random person about boxing...probably won't even last 5 mins..

Then strike up a convo about mma..bet you it lasts longer than 5 mins...

Wonder how many chicks know who gsp or anderson silva is..rather than pac-man or segio martinez..they probably will say "are you talking about the video game???

Back