Padilla the giant killer

matty2412

I read in Flex a while back that the Pro Tommy Padilla only injested about 60 grams of protien a day. How in the hell did he get away with that?

i read that too... I don't think everybody needs to eat 300 grams or more of protein a day..some guys just grow no matter what they eat... now I know I'm going to get an earfull for saying that...

There are a ton of nutritional theories out there. I remember reading that article too. People simply react differently to various methods, whether it be nutrition, training or drugs. I would venture to guess though that most people would be far more successful if they eat more then 60 grams of protein per day. :insane2:

Aboot said:
There are a ton of nutritional theories out there. I remember reading that article too. People simply react differently to various methods, whether it be nutrition, training or drugs. I would venture to guess though that most people would be far more successful if they eat more then 60 grams of protein per day. :insane2:

You know I think you are right. A former pro bodybuilder friend of mine said he used to eat shit even when getting ready for a show. All he ever did was count calories...where the calories came from he said didnt matter. And he always looked awesome on stage. This was back in the late 70's early 80's.

its weird im 5'5" and 180, and i did a diet analysis in my class and it read during my bulking diet i only consume 1600 calories a day, and i still gain off that... its pretty weird my body just responds really fast to food.

probably good genetics?

i have a friend who doesnt even workout anymore and still gets bigger... he's got genetics like arnold, one time he squatted 5 times in one week and got stronger everyday. for me overtraining kills me and only made me weaker

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
probably good genetics?

i have a friend who doesnt even workout anymore and still gets bigger... he's got genetics like arnold, one time he squatted 5 times in one week and got stronger everyday. for me overtraining kills me and only made me weaker

I seriously envy and hate those kind of buys I had a college bud not lift for the whole summer drank his ass off and came back in the gym benching 350lbs when before he benched only 275lbs before granted he put on 50lbs extra also during his drinking summer. Me on the other hand I lose weight like no tomorrow.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
probably good genetics?

A people tell me I overtrain.

how the fuck can you only consume 60 grams of protein in a day...i'd have to purposely make an effort to try and not get over 60(even people who could give a shit less about protein eat more than that)

Aboot said:
You're forgetting who started the whole protein intake recommendation. The supplement industry!! They started the whole thing; must eat 2.2g/lb. The whole idea was, the more you consume, the faster you'll be back at the store buying more protein powder.

When I was in the Navy I knew guys that would eat like birds and workout for 30 minutes a day, never do cardio, and probably didn't hit the gym more then 3 days a week....there was probably 10 guys I can think of off the top of my head out of the 800 or so sailors on my ship that did this and looked amazing. I suspect some were on gear, but I know for a fact this guy I worked with wasn't and he was shredded and built very nicely for what little he did. I used to hate him for it.

I don't care how much you eat! You shoot a 1000mgs of test a week and you will grow. i love how these pro's say I only ate 60grams of protein but what he doesn't tell you is he is on 10ius of growth 1200mgs of test 800mgs of eq and 600mgs of tren aweek.

D-bo said:
I don't care how much you eat! You shoot a 1000mgs of test a week and you will grow.

Not everyone, and I have shot more than that weekly.

It doesn't just have to do with what you eat, but your ability to digest and uptake those nutrients (enctomorphs have very poor nutrient uptake, they waste most of it), and your androgen receptor count, and a whole lot of scientific bullshit I can't even begin to get into.

Back