Personal Trainer Certifications??

anarchy81

Looking to get my Certification as a Personal Trainer. Anyone have any suggestions as to which are the better companies. Looking towards which ones I will learn the most from and also which have better credentials. Thanks.

i am NCSF certified, some other good ones are NASM and ACE those are the main ones and are all nationally accredited and recognized backed in the court of law as well

Anyone heard of the PTA Academy. Its the Private Trainers Academy. Seems like there is a lot of IFBB Pros into that. Anyone have any info on this?

my suggestion is get the cheapest one your gym will accept. most certs are a joke and just a money racket. im certified and have been for years. however what i learned in class and books isnt useful in my training. my gym requires a cert though so i got one.

pullinbig said:
my suggestion is get the cheapest one your gym will accept. most certs are a joke and just a money racket. im certified and have been for years. however what i learned in class and books isnt useful in my training. my gym requires a cert though so i got one.
This is a good point. If you ever want to be strength coach for a sports team or something though, getting your CSCS would be good idea. If you just want to be a PT at a health club or you're own private business just get something simple.

thanks..but what do you think something simple would be? I'm thinking I might go with NASM. I'm basically just using for the health club/gym personal trainer type thing and I agree with simple. Just wondering my what my best choice would be.

nasm is great and is the standard for a few chains def for management at gyms which i will do in 2 years

anarchy81 said:
thanks..but what do you think something simple would be? I'm thinking I might go with NASM. I'm basically just using for the health club/gym personal trainer type thing and I agree with simple. Just wondering my what my best choice would be.

get the cheapest one your gym will accept. thats as simple as it gets.

pullinbig said:
absolutely. most of the certs are a joke. and like pullin', i got mine just to satisfy the gym i worked at. but by far ,i've learned way more without it. but to answer your question, ace is probably the most cost effective and easist to study for.

NASM is relatively tough and you'll learn something, but you learn a lot about people with ailments and what might affect them - so don't assume you are always going to be taking on someone with 100% health to start with. Some of these training certs are geared towards a certain clientel and not necessarily getting 100% out of them results wise, just general health for someone who already has a knee issue, or heart etc.

Back