please critique bulk plan

Dude, I think your diet looks fine. Don't worry about all this other bullshit. I like the fact that you are getting in 3 Solid meals a day and having shakes in between. You are not getting ready for a competition so why worry about eating every hour or two. What a lot of people aren't realizing here is you simply put that you would eat whatever within in reason on your solid food meals.

I think your plan looks good. If you have to eat in the middle of the night than your dreaming about bodybuilding way to hard. Be normal bro. Have a life, lift hard, eat well. It's a as simple as that. Don't make it more complicated than it seems. I think your on the right track.

Oh yeah, and since your not worried about clean food, I wouldnt always limit myself to egg whits and oatmeal. Whole eggs will be fine and so will flavored oatmeal. You will get tired of the oatmeal and applesauce. Have some pancakes or waffles from time to time. For you lunch and dinner don't dare worry about calories. Just worry about protein. Make sure you get your protein requirments and the hell with the rest. Eat whatever you want. Just make sure it is centered around protein. So basically don't go off and eat a Fettucine Alredo dinner or something like that. Unless its loaded with chicken.

Best of luck.

Raw eggs with some milk and protein powder goes down nice and u can pack a hell of a lot of cals in one shake. I can do them on their own but prefer not. For some reason I just cant eat that often throughout the day so the raw egg shakes are essential for me and they are cheap.

So if you eat a diet high in protein, but only say 1700 cal a day. You can't gain mass? I'm 6'2'' 190lbs.

nope.... you might be able to maintain your current weight with that if your lucky... but you need carbs and calories to grow as well as protein.

krupt said:
So if you eat a diet high in protein, but only say 1700 cal a day. You can't gain mass? I'm 6'2'' 190lbs.
thats the misconception a lot of people have. I know i did anyway.

Protein alone doesnt just build muscle out of nowhere. Protein is needed to build muscle, but its not the only factor. You have to be eating above maintenence with the proper amoutn of carbs and fats as well.

Suareezay said:
thats the misconception a lot of people have. I know i did anyway.

Protein alone doesnt just build muscle out of nowhere. Protein is needed to build muscle, but its not the only factor. You have to be eating above maintenence with the proper amoutn of carbs and fats as well.
absolutey. couldnt had said it better my self.

beefeater said:
Dude, I think your diet looks fine. Don't worry about all this other bullshit. I like the fact that you are getting in 3 Solid meals a day and having shakes in between. You are not getting ready for a competition so why worry about eating every hour or two. What a lot of people aren't realizing here is you simply put that you would eat whatever within in reason on your solid food meals.

I think your plan looks good. If you have to eat in the middle of the night than your dreaming about bodybuilding way to hard. Be normal bro. Have a life, lift hard, eat well. It's a as simple as that. Don't make it more complicated than it seems. I think your on the right track.

Oh yeah, and since your not worried about clean food, I wouldnt always limit myself to egg whits and oatmeal. Whole eggs will be fine and so will flavored oatmeal. You will get tired of the oatmeal and applesauce. Have some pancakes or waffles from time to time. For you lunch and dinner don't dare worry about calories. Just worry about protein. Make sure you get your protein requirments and the hell with the rest. Eat whatever you want. Just make sure it is centered around protein. So basically don't go off and eat a Fettucine Alredo dinner or something like that. Unless its loaded with chicken.

Best of luck.
very well put. youd be surprised how many guys with great physiques dont even eat that well. it all comes down to genetics anyhow. for soem reaosn i dont get tired of the plain oatmeal with applesauce doing that mon-fri then cheating on the weekend. the eggwhites idea was just to balance everything out so im not taking in more fat than i need to. good post

Back