Please explain stericups to me

GymLift

Looks like you poor the oil into the top and it filters into the bottom. And somehow you apply vaccum pressure to it which sucks the oil down through the filter.

Are the hand vaccums shit or decent enough?

How long do syringe filters take to use?

Also, say I have a 'friend' that wants to buy 100g of test and make it up, but he's never done it before and he hasn't even purchased his supplies yet. Should he go ahead and invest in the stericup stuff or should he just buy syringe filters for now?

I wouldn't use syring filters for a 100g batch .45 filters are pretty fast the .22 filter are slow as hell. the stericup are good you don't have to watch it

I would like somebody to explain it fully to both of us, but here are some photos to start.

M915501-06%5B40936-EN%5D.jpg
F15346-01~wl.jpg

Perfection Awaits said:
no kidding. So is that cup filled w/ red shit on the right sterile?
I think that's called the collecting bottle. In what that photo is supposed to represent, it should be sterile I believe.

the whole unit is sold idividually rapped and is sterile..you put your solution in the top part... there is a filter in the middle you attach a vaccum pump to the bottom and it sucks the solution through the filter. a hand vaccum pump from a hardware store will work.. the one you get to bleed brakes

Perfection Awaits said:
so then u have sterile gear in a cup.....u gotta open it sometime, n that huge hole makes it unsterile.

that will be only a second for you to screw the cap on the receiver flask.
This is the easiest way to filter stuff.

just palce the gear on the top of the flask, attach the pump to the filter, pump and watch a movie.

Even if you pour it into a vial, it will take some time, yes, it will be open air for some more seconds!
But if you're worried about that, you should be also worried that a .22 would let pass some virus and endotoxins.

you are just fine if you keep the area where you are working clean.

If everything was always sterile, then we would have no need for an antimicrobial (BA). But any multidose vial can be expected to have contaminants added to it. This is considered acceptable in the US medical community. For example, it was once that hCG always came in single-use amps, along with sterile water for injection (need BA...no need for it), but now hCG with bacteriostatic water (sterile water for injection plus BA) is available.

Australia, on the other hand, is trying to phase out multidose vials. For this reason, Australians will likely never see hCG in the country packaged in a multidose vial.

I suspect that the homebrew techniques described on this board will create a superior product, both in terms of dosing accuracy and contaminants, than the majority of underground gear.

Perfection Awaits said:
sweet, i learned like 5 new things from that post lol

Good, cause I was gonna say you are worrying way to much about the whole 'sterile' issue. Remember, when you pierce the stopper on a multiuse vial, it lets air in and in your case it would be 'unsterile'. But we add BA (antimicrobial) as a preservative. It doesn't sterilize the gear, it just prevents bacteria from growing in there. Get it?

Now, since mranak brought it up. I think Stericups suck IMO. I think a Nalgene bottle-top filter is much better. Get a 500ml media bottle that attaches to the bottom of the filter and it runs right down in there. Finish, remove the filter, and put the cap on, now you have 500ml of solution. From there you just pour what you need into any vial you like. Easy as that.

And for your buddy, 100g of test e @250mg/ml makes 400ml so it would be a piece of cake.

Back