please help.

TheIrish

Hey Guys,
im about at my witts end here. ive been trying to shed some unwanted BF% and im just about to lose my mind! but first some stats.

Age 24
height 66in
bf% 20
BF Measurement by bioelectrical impedence
weight 180lbs
daily multi vitamin
120 onces of water per day

2 months ago i started to diet and up my cardio. I eat clean and measure very carfully and record everything. Always measureing at the same time of day on the same equipment in the same manor.

During the first month i did 30 min of cardio per day lifted 3 times a week and kept my calorie intake 500 calories below my Resting metabolic rate + my cardio calories burned per day. Results 0% bf reduction and 0lbs lost.

But my resolve was not to be broken that easy i continued, this time upping my cardio to an hour a day, 30min in the morning and 30 in the evening, still lifting 3 times a week (during lunch). This time keeping my calorie intake 700calories below my Resting metabolic rate + my cardio calories burned per day. two weeks later Results 0% bf reduction and 0lbs lost.

well i cannot say i was not disheartend, but i am not that easly thwarted i decided that i was not working hard enough and was not going to be beaten. I continued with the same cardio as before adding and extra 30min 2x a week a lunch (inbetween my lifting days) and reducing my calorie intake to 900calories below my Resting metabolic rate + my cardio calories burned per day. two weeks later Results 0% bf reduction and 0lbs lost.

i cannot understand whats going on during the last two weeks i added an ECA stack and that has really helped with my energy levels but still im loosing my mind here. i have no idea what to do next i dont mind pain i dont mind giving up food i like but there have been no gains (or losses as the case my be) Please im am just hopeing some one can help me out here.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Suareezay said:
sounds like youre actually eating too little. I still find it weird that youve lost no weight.

couldnt agree more. Its really not rocket science but obviously he is doing something wrong

did you just start working out and dieting two months ago? If so dont give up give yourself some time for your body to get use to the drastic changes you have done in your life.

I gotta say, something sounds off. 1hour of cardio and + a major caloric defecit much have weightloss. Are you currently on cycle (water could be an issue), how does the mirror look (you could be replacing fat with muscle)?

Post your exact diet and training routine and we will sort this out for you. :)

Thanks guys sorry for the delay, here goes with the breakfast and average daily schedule

4:30 wave up
4:50 8oz OJ
5:15 30min cardio
7:00 optimum whey protine shake w/ 2% milk
11:00 lift (M/W/F) / Cardio 30 min (T/R)
12:00 - 12:30 Chicken and Rice or Sandwich (300~ calories)
3:00 optimum whey protine shake w/ 2% milk
6:00 Fish or Grilled Chicken or Lean Beef w/ Vegie (Green bean, corn, Yams broccoli)
7:30 Cardio 30 min

i tried to give you an average day, it realy haddent deviated from this formula much at all, on the weekend i only go to the gym once mid day for 45 min of cardio and i try not to be in as much of a deficit on the weekends (basicaly i try to make the days break even on the weekends)

im not on cycle and have never juiced before, my goal was to cut down to 7-10% BF before i started any kind of cycle.

let me know if there is anything more you need to know
i take creatine also just before workouts
and the ECA stack has really started suppressing my appitite, but it does not make my heart race or jitter or anything else.
had my bloodwork done about 6 months ago everything came back text book normal.

wow....with that diet, diet training and cardio you should be dropping weight. That just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm an advocate for cutting naturally, but if all of what you posted is accurate I would give clen a try. You could just be one of those people who have an extremely hard time losing weight and as bad as that is, this fortunately means you probably won't have a problem putting on muscle.

Oh, and you didn't answer the quesiton about how you actually look. Do you feel like your looking better? (forget the scale for a minute and just look at your body)

Check The Batteries In Your "bioelectrical Impedence Device"....

And No One Asked How You Are Liffting.....you May Actually Be Building Muscle Under The Fat..you Seem To Have A Lot Of Protein Intake. Which Will Help With Muscle Growth...

And I Hour Of Cardio A Day Sounds Good..but You Still Dont Burn That Mau Calories A Day With One Hour...and You Are Consuming More Calories A Day Then You Burn, Which We All Do Unless You Starve..and Dont Do That...

You May Have A Slow Meatabolism Also..maybe Increase To Eating 5 Meals A Day..small Ones....and Throw In An Extra 30 Minutes Of Cardio A Day...

What Are Your Goals Once You Lose The Bodyfat...

The Diet Doesnt Look Bad..

E

outlawtas2 said:
Oh, and you didn't answer the quesiton about how you actually look. Do you feel like your looking better? (forget the scale for a minute and just look at your body)

thats the one thing that keeps me going, i havent taken pictures so i dont know for sure but i think im looking leaner, and i think my pants fit tighter, but its more "feel" and "think" than quantifiable. im going to finish off this next week of ECA then switch to clen if i still have trouble. but on the plus side im running harder every day, but my lifts have been lowish (not realy going down but cant really make much gain either) but i knew that would happen cause of the low calories.

eastarr69-
i do lift 3x a week, im lifting heavy (for me) and have been making gains that are decent for a low cal diet, not much but good still so it might be the case that im at a muscle to fat loss gain equaling out secnario.

outlawtas2-
like you said i do think my metabolism is just very slow, ive always had a hard time dropping weight (never this hard) but ive never tried to get leaner than i am now either, but when i am lifting big and eating big i do pack on weight (some times good weight sometimes bad clean eating dependent hahaha).

thanks guys you all rock!

Oh and im checking the batteries in everything tonight and going to tape measure and caliper test as well. maybe im just relying on the wrong measurements

TheIrish said:
thats the one thing that keeps me going, i havent taken pictures so i dont know for sure but i think im looking leaner, and i think my pants fit tighter, but its more "feel" and "think" than quantifiable. im going to finish off this next week of ECA then switch to clen if i still have trouble. but on the plus side im running harder every day, but my lifts have been lowish (not realy going down but cant really make much gain either) but i knew that would happen cause of the low calories.

eastarr69-
i do lift 3x a week, im lifting heavy (for me) and have been making gains that are decent for a low cal diet, not much but good still so it might be the case that im at a muscle to fat loss gain equaling out secnario.

outlawtas2-
like you said i do think my metabolism is just very slow, ive always had a hard time dropping weight (never this hard) but ive never tried to get leaner than i am now either, but when i am lifting big and eating big i do pack on weight (some times good weight sometimes bad clean eating dependent hahaha).

thanks guys you all rock!

Oh and im checking the batteries in everything tonight and going to tape measure and caliper test as well. maybe im just relying on the wrong measurements

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE TAPE OR THE CALIPERS...IF YOU ARE HAPPY..MAKING SOME MUSCLE GAINS..YOU MAY BE EQUALING OUT WITH THE INCREASE OF MUSCLE TO FAT SWING..IF YOU ARE GAINING IN STRENGTH, YOU MORE THEN LIKELY ARE GAINING MUSCLE..WHICH WOULD BE MAKING ICNHES YOUR LOOKING FOR TO LOSE, STAY THE SAME...

BUT JUST KEEP PLUGGIN ALONG..AND DONT WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT JUMPING FROM ECA STACKS TO CLEN..YOU SEEM TO CONCERNED WITH THE FAT LOSS/INCH LOSS GIG...WE DONT WANT YOU GOING OUT THERE AND HURTING YOURSELF WITH THE CLEN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...STICK AT WHAT YOUR DOING AND GIVE IT SOME MORE TIME TO COME FULL CIRCLE..

E

eastarr69 said:
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE TAPE OR THE CALIPERS...IF YOU ARE HAPPY..MAKING SOME MUSCLE GAINS..YOU MAY BE EQUALING OUT WITH THE INCREASE OF MUSCLE TO FAT SWING..IF YOU ARE GAINING IN STRENGTH, YOU MORE THEN LIKELY ARE GAINING MUSCLE..WHICH WOULD BE MAKING ICNHES YOUR LOOKING FOR TO LOSE, STAY THE SAME...

BUT JUST KEEP PLUGGIN ALONG..AND DONT WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT JUMPING FROM ECA STACKS TO CLEN..YOU SEEM TO CONCERNED WITH THE FAT LOSS/INCH LOSS GIG...WE DONT WANT YOU GOING OUT THERE AND HURTING YOURSELF WITH THE CLEN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...STICK AT WHAT YOUR DOING AND GIVE IT SOME MORE TIME TO COME FULL CIRCLE..

E

asside from the shouting :) you have a great point. i am a measurement intense person and beating my self up and not being able to acuratly measure my asswhoopin gains was quite depressing. but your concern for my health is very much appriciated and taken to heart. more time is almost certainly what i need and luckly i have that in spades. :)
im gona toss the scale in the closet for the month and go off pictures and how i feel. prolly work about a acuratly hahaha

TheIrish said:
Thanks guys sorry for the delay, here goes with the breakfast and average daily schedule

4:30 wave up
4:50 8oz OJ
5:15 30min cardio
7:00 optimum whey protine shake w/ 2% milk
11:00 lift (M/W/F) / Cardio 30 min (T/R)
12:00 - 12:30 Chicken and Rice or Sandwich (300~ calories)
3:00 optimum whey protine shake w/ 2% milk
6:00 Fish or Grilled Chicken or Lean Beef w/ Vegie (Green bean, corn, Yams broccoli)
7:30 Cardio 30 min

i tried to give you an average day, it realy haddent deviated from this formula much at all, on the weekend i only go to the gym once mid day for 45 min of cardio and i try not to be in as much of a deficit on the weekends (basicaly i try to make the days break even on the weekends)

im not on cycle and have never juiced before, my goal was to cut down to 7-10% BF before i started any kind of cycle.

let me know if there is anything more you need to know
i take creatine also just before workouts
and the ECA stack has really started suppressing my appitite, but it does not make my heart race or jitter or anything else.
had my bloodwork done about 6 months ago everything came back text book normal.

You are not eating enough! That's the problem. You are doing too much cardio and not eating enough. Too much cardio can be just as bad as not enough hun. Let me ask you a queston. After that first cardio session, you only have a protein shake right? Then you go right to a training session at 11am with no food aside from the shake? Arent' you starving?
You're only eating two whole food meals a day and not alot in them I might add. Where are your good fats? You should be at least three whole food meals plus your protein shakes in between the meals. Eating every 2 1/2 hours is going to help speed your metabolic rate up naturally. If you're not training in the evening, get rid of the starchy carbs in the evening and replace them with some veg. I'm not surprised that you haven't lost fat cuz you're not feeding your body enough. Aim for taking in 30grams of protein at each of your six meals. Those meals should be spaced apart roughly every 2 1/2 hrs. One scoop of Optimum Whey is 24g so you'll only need 1 1/2 scoops with water. Get rid of the milk and start using the protein shakes as a snack. Can you switch your meals up a bit or is this a way of eating out of convenience? As I mentioned before, you need to add some good fats in there as well. 1 tablespoon of Udo's Oil twice a day. You can put it on your salad or in your shake. This will actually hellp you lose weight.
Most people that I work with that have trouble losing fat, it ends up being that they aren't eating enough. I don't think Clen is the answer for you. I think you need to get your diet in check and see what you can do from that first.

Just read my above post...hehehe..sorry if it seemed a bit intense but when i saw how little you eat, I got a bit freaked out...lol
What kind of weight training program are you doing? I noticed that you said you trained monday, wednesday and friday. Is it a split routine? If you don't mind, write down what your doing for a routine as well and we can make some changes if you'd like.
Also, at 180lbs you should be have a minimum of 12 8ounces glasses of water per day (3 litres). If you tend to retain water, then you need to up the water. If you're a coffee drinking, then for every coffee you have, you need to add another water as coffee is a diuretic. Herbal teas and whatnot are fine and if you have trouble drinking that much water, you can have some Crystal Light as some of your fluid intake. :)

Fyre thank you very much, im not starving at all (prolly due to the ECA) and
i will be reworking my diet to take in as much that i have learned here as i can.

i will be writing out a plan today taking in to accout all of your suggestions. i will repost asap. the meals are conviance driven but there is much room for change and varitity please i am more than willing to hear any and all suggestions you would make and i will be working to incorperate the ones you have already made.

you say too much cardio is a bad as not enough, would 1x a day be enough (at 30 -45 min?) should there be cardio at all on lifting days? these are only my inference as to what you mean please let me know if im off base

Fyre said:
Just read my above post...hehehe..sorry if it seemed a bit intense but when i saw how little you eat, I got a bit freaked out...lol
What kind of weight training program are you doing? I noticed that you said you trained monday, wednesday and friday. Is it a split routine? If you don't mind, write down what your doing for a routine as well and we can make some changes if you'd like.
Also, at 180lbs you should be have a minimum of 12 8ounces glasses of water per day (3 litres). If you tend to retain water, then you need to up the water. If you're a coffee drinking, then for every coffee you have, you need to add another water as coffee is a diuretic. Herbal teas and whatnot are fine and if you have trouble drinking that much water, you can have some Crystal Light as some of your fluid intake. :)

not to intense but conveyed a sence of concern and i appreciate it.

i take in 120oz of water a day and no caffiene drinks (but i do take 200mg of caffiene in my eca) i have no prob drinking water i loves it :)

weight training as follows

Moday
3 sets each
Squats
Leg Press
Dead Lifts
Toe Press
leg curls
leg extensions

wednessday
3 sets each
Close Grip Bench Press
Standing Curl
Medium Grip Bench Press
Wrist Curl
Skull Crushers
Incline Dumbbell curl
Reverse Curl
Pec Fly

Friday
3 sets each
Shoulder Press
Shurgs
weighted Crunches
Pull down row
Front Dumbbell raise
Lateral dumbell raise

TheIrish said:
Fyre thank you very much, im not starving at all (prolly due to the ECA) and
i will be reworking my diet to take in as much that i have learned here as i can.

i will be writing out a plan today taking in to accout all of your suggestions. i will repost asap. the meals are conviance driven but there is much room for change and varitity please i am more than willing to hear any and all suggestions you would make and i will be working to incorperate the ones you have already made.

you say too much cardio is a bad as not enough, would 1x a day be enough (at 30 -45 min?) should there be cardio at all on lifting days? these are only my inference as to what you mean please let me know if im off base

What I meant by too much cardio is as bad as not enough , is sometimes people do so much cardio and don't eat enough and they end up losing muscle along the way as well. Are you doing interval training? Interval training with cardio is an awesome way to burn fat, and not lose muscle. An example would be to run on the treadmill for two minutes, then walk briskly for one, then run again for two minutes, then walk briskly for one etc.
Warm up for five minutes first, then do 20 minutes of interval training and then finish off with your cool down. You'll be amazed at how well your body responds to that.
You can do cardio on your lifting days. I personally do mine after my weight session. I always do a five minute warm up before I train, then do my weights and then do a cardio session.
Hope that helps. :)

TheIrish said:
not to intense but conveyed a sence of concern and i appreciate it.

i take in 120oz of water a day and no caffiene drinks (but i do take 200mg of caffiene in my eca) i have no prob drinking water i loves it :)

weight training as follows

Moday
3 sets each
Squats
Leg Press
Dead Lifts
Toe Press
leg curls
leg extensions

wednessday
3 sets each
Close Grip Bench Press
Standing Curl
Medium Grip Bench Press
Wrist Curl
Skull Crushers
Incline Dumbbell curl
Reverse Curl
Pec Fly

Friday
3 sets each
Shoulder Press
Shurgs
weighted Crunches
Pull down row
Front Dumbbell raise
Lateral dumbell raise

On your wednesday workout, are you supersetting biceps and triceps as that' what it looks like. Also is this the order that you do the exercises?
One more question, on your Friday workout, do you only do One Back exercise? Can you go to the gym four days a week or is three the magic number?
Let me know, and if you're willing to give another workout a try, I'll post one up for you. :)

On your wednesday workout, are you supersetting biceps and triceps as that' what it looks like. - No, each exercise is done on its own

Also is this the order that you do the exercises? - No, will post orderd next (just grabed em out of my log and posted in no order

One more question, on your Friday workout, do you only do One Back exercise? - Yes
Can you go to the gym four days a week or is three the magic number? - i have 2 training parterns and im trying to get them to agree to 4 a week, mon tue off on wed and thur fri.

Orderd list as follows

Moday
3 sets each
Squats
Leg Press
Dead Lifts
Toe Press
leg curls
leg extensions

wednessday
3 sets each
Medium Grip Bench Press