Post Cycle Therapy For WOMEN

Estrogen rebound and birth control pills?

So I have a question regarding the estrogen rebound, especially since I'm on a birth control pill. Do you know if that matters or makes a difference?

Thanks for the info. I'm on my first cycle of anavar right now and am loving the results, but planning to take a few weeks off after next week. I had no idea women had to PCT.

ok... this subject has been up for debate for as long as i can remember... There are not many studies nor research as with aas and pct for men...

So, i figured it was about time to make a post about women's pct options to help out women when coming off a cycle and to help men help women since we are VERY different!!!

Post Cycle Therapy i am sure you have heard time and time again... For men, this usually includes an ancillary to re-stimulate natural test production etc. With women, PCT is VERY VERY different.
I know it has been the general assumption that women do not need pct, however, it has come to my attention (and from years of experience) that we actually DO in fact need PCT...

Post Cycle Therapy for women obviously does NOT include a test stimulant, but rather other factors...

Tapers: Everyone wants to know about tapering... Well, that really depends on the aas you are using... The milder the aas, the less the taper. For example, anavar does not call for a taper, however many women have seen less side effects post cycle with a little post cycle taper. This may be 1 week after you complete your cycle where you taper down. Considering the average dosage is 10mgs, a taper would be: (5, 5, 5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5)

In my own personal experience with anavar, a taper for me really isn't necessary... so just stopping is fine. HOWEVER, i do apply Post Cycle Therapy!

I feel PCT should be considered due to these reasons:
  1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    One of the ways i counteract it is to take "Twinlabs Male Fuel". This actually aids allowing my test levels to lower but not drop, thus preventing an estrogen rebound. When a hormone drops suddenly another one always tends to increase to counteract, even though it may not be beneficial to us...
    Another way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As our test levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an aas does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most AAS tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, aas can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no aas anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it ;)
    I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!

Those are the 3 main factors i can think of that may cause havoc with a woman's mental and physical well being post cycle... They are ALL factors i have personally dealt with, struggled with and learned to control!

As a female who is using aas, PLEASE know ALL the facts!!! Be over-prepared! There is nothing worse then a women who loves her results from weeks of suffering, training, dieting, etc... only to waste all her hard work and experience negative side effects post cycle... Estrogen rebound is a bitch. Weight/fat rebound is a bitch. Depression, we won't even go there lol...

So please ladies... LISTEN to your body. Get to really know what works for YOUR body! You may never need post cycle therapy, but you may... so good luck!!!

Stay Strong in the Iron Sisterhood!!

Luv super

hey girls ive been researching alot and i have to decided to do this cycle of var and clen , i am new to this all and all for fitness im in the gym6x a week have atrainer at night for weights have stated doing 20 min fasted cardio in the mornings wht do u think of this cycle
stats 135 5'6 25yrs old wanted to get to 115 toned and lean:)
Day 1-2: 20 mg clen
Day 3-4: 40 mg clen
Day 5-6: 60 mg clen
Day 7-12: 80 mg clen
Day 13: 60 mg
Day 14: 40 mg
good cycle for the first 2
Week 1: Var 5mg
Week 2: Var 10mg
Week 3-4: clen / Var 10mg
Week 5-6: Var 10mg
Week 7-8: clen / Var 10mg

hello SuperGirl, your feed back is great, i would like to know from you what i should take with my post cycle therapy (pct) , i am on a 4 week cycle of Wicked Rose and this is my first time , i was told to take Milk Thistle with my post cycle therapy (pct) , what do you think , your feed back would be very helpful to me , i want to keep my gains .

thank you
badgirl1

hello SuperGirl, your feed back is great, i would like to know from you what i should take with my pct , i am on a 4 week cycle of Wicked Rose and this is my first time , i was told to take Milk Thistle with my pct , what do you think , your feed back would be very helpful to me , i want to keep my gains .

thank you
badgirl1

Bad girl I posted this in its own thread but I'll post it here for you too:

This information is for WOMEN interested in gaining muscle/strength through pro hormones and also PCT suggestions for WOMEN. As there is not much info out there for women who want to try pro-hormones nor is there information on what a woman coming off prohormones should take for PCT (as PCT for a man is, and should be, much different than what a woman should take).
Everything I have taken is legal and can be bought over the counter.

I am a 27 year old female, I have an ectomorph body type so it's very hard for me to gain weight. I am 5'7'' and I started Steel Crushers when I was 120lbs.
My goals were: to gain weight and muscle!
Suppliments: Liver Pills, dymatize weight gainer shakes, waixy maize and noxipro for pre-workout combined with clean diet every 2-3 hrs and workout 5-6 days a week (by workout I mean lift, I hardly do cardio because I get too skinny) but will do 10 min on stair master after a workout about twice a week for heart health. (I was a collegiate soccer player and state track champion).

I started Steel Crushers with 1 a day (5mg) and each day upped my dose until I was on 4 a day (20mg). I spread doses out evenly throughout the day. On second week I lowered my dose to 3 a day (15 mgs) because I did not want any side effects. My female friend experienced back acne BUT she took Steel Crushers for about 4 months not knowing she was suppose to cycle off after 4-8weeks nor with what PCT (post cycle therapy) because no male shared any information with her! (Probably because the guys themselves didn't know what a female should do, not to mention a lot of them don't know what their doing in their own cycles, some do but many don't). They knew she wanted to gain muscle, sold her a product and didn't inform her with any useful information about it, granted she should have done her research, but as I have researched this before, there isn't much information out there for women, which leads me to write this post. Anyway... Within 4 weeks on Steel Crushers I gained 14lbs and incredible muscle size and strength! Went from being able to shoulder press 2 25lb dumbells naturally to 2 40lb dumbbells! With no bad side effects. My weight got to 135lbs.

After 4 weeks I tried to cycle off. My first week off of them my body felt terrible! Like I had lactic acid burning in ALL my muscles all the time! I would try hot baths, vitamins nothing cured it. Working out helped but I definitely didn't have the same strength.

After a week off I was tired of feeling this way so I took another steel crusher just to see what it would do and within 30 min the lactic acid burning feeling stopped.

I continued on with another 4 week cycle. No more personal strength records this cycle I but was able to handle more weight than I could naturally, and visually I was swole, vascular and looking great!
After 4 weeks I started slowly cycling off again. This time I added DHEA and 5-HTP (cheap!) & a multivitamin into my post cycle therapy and this time I did not have the lactic acid burning feelings. In the gym I was still lifting heavy, keeping my strength up and made some personal records in other areas (leg press & 10 unassisted pull-ups instead of 4). My weight is at 133, I haven't lost size coming off these Crushers.

I would like to cycle off the DHEA and 5-HTP soon so my body can go back to natural state and rest for a while.

If any other WOMAN has any suggestions on what PCT (post cycle therapy) worked well for them please share and help inform all the other woman out there who are looking for some information.

Any negative or rude remarks, or cursing in comments to this post is unnecessary and childish. I see the way guys respond to other guys posts and they should be ashamed of themselves. So unless you are a woman or in the rarest case a man who is specialized in female post cycle therapy (pct), no man needs to respond to this post because you have no personal female experience to share. Thank you.

This information is for WOMEN interested in gaining muscle/strength through pro hormones and also PCT suggestions for WOMEN. As there is not much info out there for women who want to try pro-hormones nor is there information on what a woman coming off prohormones should take for PCT (as PCT for a man is, and should be, much different than what a woman should take).
Everything I have taken is legal and can be bought over the counter.

I am a 27 year old female, I have an ectomorph body type so it's very hard for me to gain weight. I am 5'7'' and I started Steel Crushers when I was 120lbs.
My goals were: to gain weight and muscle!
Suppliments: Liver Pills, dymatize weight gainer shakes, waixy maize and noxipro for pre-workout combined with clean diet every 2-3 hrs and workout 5-6 days a week (by workout I mean lift, I hardly do cardio because I get too skinny) but will do 10 min on stair master after a workout about twice a week for heart health. (I was a collegiate soccer player and state track champion).

I started Steel Crushers with 1 a day (5mg) and each day upped my dose until I was on 4 a day (20mg). I spread doses out evenly throughout the day. On second week I lowered my dose to 3 a day (15 mgs) because I did not want any side effects. My female friend experienced back acne BUT she took Steel Crushers for about 4 months not knowing she was suppose to cycle off after 4-8weeks nor with what PCT (post cycle therapy) because no male shared any information with her! (Probably because the guys themselves didn't know what a female should do, not to mention a lot of them don't know what their doing in their own cycles, some do but many don't). They knew she wanted to gain muscle, sold her a product and didn't inform her with any useful information about it, granted she should have done her research, but as I have researched this before, there isn't much information out there for women, which leads me to write this post. Anyway... Within 4 weeks on Steel Crushers I gained 14lbs and incredible muscle size and strength! Went from being able to shoulder press 2 25lb dumbells naturally to 2 40lb dumbbells! With no bad side effects. My weight got to 135lbs.

After 4 weeks I tried to cycle off. My first week off of them my body felt terrible! Like I had lactic acid burning in ALL my muscles all the time! I would try hot baths, vitamins nothing cured it. Working out helped but I definitely didn't have the same strength.

After a week off I was tired of feeling this way so I took another steel crusher just to see what it would do and within 30 min the lactic acid burning feeling stopped.

I continued on with another 4 week cycle. No more personal strength records this cycle I but was able to handle more weight than I could naturally, and visually I was swole, vascular and looking great!
After 4 weeks I started slowly cycling off again. This time I added DHEA and 5-HTP (cheap!) & a multivitamin into my post cycle therapy and this time I did not have the lactic acid burning feelings. In the gym I was still lifting heavy, keeping my strength up and made some personal records in other areas (leg press & 10 unassisted pull-ups instead of 4). My weight is at 133, I haven't lost size coming off these Crushers.

I would like to cycle off the DHEA and 5-HTP soon so my body can go back to natural state and rest for a while.

If any other WOMAN has any suggestions on what PCT (post cycle therapy) worked well for them please share and help inform all the other woman out there who are looking for some information.

Any negative or rude remarks, or cursing in comments to this post is unnecessary and childish. I see the way guys respond to other guys posts and they should be ashamed of themselves. So unless you are a woman or in the rarest case a man who is specialized in female post cycle therapy (pct), no man needs to respond to this post because you have no personal female experience to share. Thank you.

Hi

I just ordered 5HTP to take after my cycle after reading this post:)

. I have been told that i should use HCG as pct... but why as i understand it hcg is usede by men as pct.

What about something really mild like 11 oxo. Would you recommend that for a woman and what PCT would you recommend? Dosage? Girl is 5'9" about 135-140

Supergirl thanks for ur post, great. How should I take the Twinlabs Male Fuel and nolvadex? I'm currently on my four week 20mg anavar cycle and I apreciated you providing us with the info. U r right, after working so hard, don't want to lose much of what I earn during cycling. Ur post also help with the other issues related with post cycling. Thanks lots. I'm also stacking winstrol 75mg a week which it will be three injections per week. I'm taking my Omegas (3,6,9) all in one, milk thestle plus vitamin e, multivitamin, glutamine and off course, good diet incluiding my protein shakes. No new on this I have cycled before but I haven't done anything for over 10 years and I never did a PCT after cycling. Thanks supergirl.

Last edited:
ok... this subject has been up for debate for as long as i can remember... There are not many studies nor research as with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and post cycle therapy (pct) for men...

So, i figured it was about time to make a post about women's post cycle therapy (pct) options to help out women when coming off a cycle and to help men help women since we are VERY different!!!

Post Cycle Therapy i am sure you have heard time and time again... For men, this usually includes an ancillary to re-stimulate natural test production etc. With women, post cycle therapy (pct) is VERY VERY different.
I know it has been the general assumption that women do not need post cycle therapy (pct), however, it has come to my attention (and from years of experience) that we actually DO in fact need post cycle therapy (pct)...

Post Cycle Therapy for women obviously does NOT include a test stimulant, but rather other factors...

Tapers: Everyone wants to know about tapering... Well, that really depends on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) you are using... The milder the aas, the less the taper. For example, anavar does not call for a taper, however many women have seen less side effects post cycle with a little post cycle taper. This may be 1 week after you complete your cycle where you taper down. Considering the average dosage is 10mgs, a taper would be: (5, 5, 5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5)

In my own personal experience with anavar, a taper for me really isn't necessary... so just stopping is fine. HOWEVER, i do apply Post Cycle Therapy!

I feel post cycle therapy (pct) should be considered due to these reasons:
  1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    One of the ways i counteract it is to take "Twinlabs Male Fuel". This actually aids allowing my test levels to lower but not drop, thus preventing an estrogen rebound. When a hormone drops suddenly another one always tends to increase to counteract, even though it may not be beneficial to us...
    Another way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As our test levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it ;)
    I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!

Those are the 3 main factors i can think of that may cause havoc with a woman's mental and physical well being post cycle... They are ALL factors i have personally dealt with, struggled with and learned to control!

As a female who is using aas, PLEASE know ALL the facts!!! Be over-prepared! There is nothing worse then a women who loves her results from weeks of suffering, training, dieting, etc... only to waste all her hard work and experience negative side effects post cycle... Estrogen rebound is a bitch. Weight/fat rebound is a bitch. Depression, we won't even go there lol...

So please ladies... LISTEN to your body. Get to really know what works for YOUR body! You may never need post cycle therapy, but you may... so good luck!!!

Stay Strong in the Iron Sisterhood!!

Luv super

Hi... appreciate your fab research regards to aas for women. I am abt to end my cycle. 6 weeks on anavar and 4weeks on winstrol. While on var i was taking 50mg a day... and 60mg a day on winstrol.
I was told to take clomid as pct (50mg for 2werks). Will that be safe?
Or will that over stimulate my ovaries?

So awesome to know!! I've never considered pct, I have always associated any type of pct with dudes ending their cycles. I have experienced slight depression and low energy immediate post cycle so I'll be implementation this after my upcoming cycle. Thanks so much!!!

This is really helpful.
Coming off a longer cycle than I needed following illness and muscle wastage I experienced slight sides from var that went after coming off but the few months following I struggled with depression. It’s only now that’s lifted that I can see that, at the time it seemed reasonable.

I’m going to be going back on a 10mg daily 6week cycle and want to avoid feeling like shit again in time for new year!

Will give novadex 5mg a go and see if that helps plus the other stuff mentioned.

Would suppressing estrogen cause a slump in my sec drive does anyone know?

I come off cycle as my partner goes back on so wanna try and keep somewhat synced.

Also separate but was considering a low dose trt just for ease of life as I’ve never felt better than when my t levels were elevated. I’d accept some bottom growth and some body hair and even some mild voice changes if I could feel less emotional and sensitive all the time and have the metal clarity and energy I get from higher t.

I’m new to the forum so any tips are welcome x

Back