St. Louis

9) Which team will win the AFC?

Oakland

10) Which team will win the NFC?

Tampa Bay

11) Which team will win the Super Bowl?

Oakland

Nice thread.

AFC East -- Wide open but I'll go with Miami. Im predicting NYJ's Pennington will have to deal with the 2nd year jinx. And as far as NE, Im not sold on Brady and Smith as their main offensive ingredients.

AFC North -- Pittsburgh. Cleveland made some mistakes in the offseason and Baltimore didnt really do much to improve.

AFC South -- Indy or Tenn. Leaning towards Tenn because they are so stellar at home.

AFC West -- Totally Wide open just like the East. Definitely gonna come down to who stays the healthiest. Takin a gamble and gonna say SD.

NFC East -- Philly. They have great depth behind those starters on both sides of the ball. They also have a great coach. Knows how to get the most out of his players.

NFC North -- Im pretty much stuck with taking GB and Favre. Just cant see Chicago doing anything with Kordell as their QB although I do like their Defense.

NFC South -- 3 solid teams in NO, TB and Atl. This ones a toss up IMO. Going with Atlanta based on a pure hunch.

NFC West -- I really like SF but I hate their choice of coach to replace Steve M. Erikson has done nothing at the NFL level and as much as I like SF's personnel, I have to go with St.L simply because I believe they are better coached.

AFC Champ -- Gotta go with the Steelers. Of course, Im biased but I really do believe they have worked on fixing the problem that caused them to lose 3-4 regular season games last year and that disappointing playoff loss to Tenn.: Their secondary. I truly believe that teams picked on Lee Flowers at safety. He was just not good in coverage and teams finally exploited him. He couldnt adapt to what the coaches wanted him to do so they let him go. In comes the Safety they drafted in the 1st round or Mike Logan who is way better in coverage then Flowers (but what safety isnt?). The loss of Flowers will not hurt their run D simply because the Steelers have the best linebacking core in the league, bar none. Porter, Gildon, Bell, Farrior. How do you run on these guys? Especially with three 300 pound lineman shedding blocks for them. Their offence? The best I have seen from the Steelers in the 15 years I have been following them. Best WR core in the league. Not necessarily the best WR's individually but Ward, Burress and Randle-El form the best 3 WR tandem for sure. Combine that with Tommy Maddox getting to play a full year and Im really excited. RB? Jerome Bettis or Amos Zeroue? Either or is my opinion. Both can step in and be a starter on 22 of the 32 teams in this league. You dont lose with either one of them in there and appearanlty Bettis has showed up in the best shape of his career. The only possible problem could be at OL with Smith moving to Left tackle from Right tackle and Oliver Ross being thrust into the starting lineup at Right Tackle.

NFC Champ -- Admittedly, I dont follow the NFC nearly as close as I follow the AFC so a detailed analysis I cannot give. But based on offseason incoming and outgoing player changes, I see no reason why Philly cant take it. Then again, with the wide open style that the NFC plays, its a total toss up. If one of those passing-dominant teams gets hot around playoff time like St.L or SF or even Atlanta then it totally changes everything.

Super Bowl -- Of course Im going with Pittsburgh. But Ive been saying (hoping) that for about 12 of the last 15 years (they had a 3 year re-build a couple years ago and I was not very hopeful) so heres to hoping on lucky #13.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Pre-Season NFL Picks.....

Trevdog said:
1) Which team will win the AFC East?

New England ---I Have the JETS

2) Which team will win the AFC North?

Baltimore ----Pittsburgh

3) Which team will win the AFC South?

Indianapolis----Same

4) Which team will win the AFC West?

Oakland ----I have Kansas City.

5) Which team will win the NFC East?

Philadelphia ---Same.

6) Which team will win the NFC North?

Green Bay ---.Same.

7) Which team will win the NFC South?

Tampa Bay ---Atlanta & here's why. THE BUCKS AINT THAT GOOD!! They played a flawless game in the SB, but did anyone who touts them as the second coming of the '72 Fins watch them during the regular season. The offense STUNK, and i saw many game where the "D" got whipped as well. O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

8) Which team will win the NFC West?

St. Louis ----Agreed

9) Which team will win the AFC?

Oakland ----I took Pittsburgh.

10) Which team will win the NFC?

Tampa Bay ----St. Lous.

11) Which team will win the Super Bowl?

Oakland------St. Louis

Im actually excited to see what Mr. Parcells can do with that team. He's a winner and as much as I dont like the Cowboys (95 superbowl), it will be interesting to see where the cowboys are at in 3-4 years.

Not to mention, it will be equally as interesting to see how Parcells and Jones get along.

hahahahahaa. C'mon, their young and it will take some time to get used to Parcells' system. Although this is the NFL so you never know, just look at Ne that year they won it all. Not many people would have guessed that outcome to a season.

BiggieSwolls said:
Nice thread.

AFC East -- Wide open but I'll go with Miami. Im predicting NYJ's Pennington will have to deal with the 2nd year jinx. And as far as NE, Im not sold on Brady and Smith as their main offensive ingredients.

AFC North -- Pittsburgh. Cleveland made some mistakes in the offseason and Baltimore didnt really do much to improve.

AFC South -- Indy or Tenn. Leaning towards Tenn because they are so stellar at home.

AFC West -- Totally Wide open just like the East. Definitely gonna come down to who stays the healthiest. Takin a gamble and gonna say SD.

NFC East -- Philly. They have great depth behind those starters on both sides of the ball. They also have a great coach. Knows how to get the most out of his players.

NFC North -- Im pretty much stuck with taking GB and Favre. Just cant see Chicago doing anything with Kordell as their QB although I do like their Defense.

NFC South -- 3 solid teams in NO, TB and Atl. This ones a toss up IMO. Going with Atlanta based on a pure hunch.

NFC West -- I really like SF but I hate their choice of coach to replace Steve M. Erikson has done nothing at the NFL level and as much as I like SF's personnel, I have to go with St.L simply because I believe they are better coached.

AFC Champ -- Gotta go with the Steelers. Of course, Im biased but I really do believe they have worked on fixing the problem that caused them to lose 3-4 regular season games last year and that disappointing playoff loss to Tenn.: Their secondary. I truly believe that teams picked on Lee Flowers at safety. He was just not good in coverage and teams finally exploited him. He couldnt adapt to what the coaches wanted him to do so they let him go. In comes the Safety they drafted in the 1st round or Mike Logan who is way better in coverage then Flowers (but what safety isnt?). The loss of Flowers will not hurt their run D simply because the Steelers have the best linebacking core in the league, bar none. Porter, Gildon, Bell, Farrior. How do you run on these guys? Especially with three 300 pound lineman shedding blocks for them. Their offence? The best I have seen from the Steelers in the 15 years I have been following them. Best WR core in the league. Not necessarily the best WR's individually but Ward, Burress and Randle-El form the best 3 WR tandem for sure. Combine that with Tommy Maddox getting to play a full year and Im really excited. RB? Jerome Bettis or Amos Zeroue? Either or is my opinion. Both can step in and be a starter on 22 of the 32 teams in this league. You dont lose with either one of them in there and appearanlty Bettis has showed up in the best shape of his career. The only possible problem could be at OL with Smith moving to Left tackle from Right tackle and Oliver Ross being thrust into the starting lineup at Right Tackle.

NFC Champ -- Admittedly, I dont follow the NFC nearly as close as I follow the AFC so a detailed analysis I cannot give. But based on offseason incoming and outgoing player changes, I see no reason why Philly cant take it. Then again, with the wide open style that the NFC plays, its a total toss up. If one of those passing-dominant teams gets hot around playoff time like St.L or SF or even Atlanta then it totally changes everything.

Super Bowl -- Of course Im going with Pittsburgh. But Ive been saying (hoping) that for about 12 of the last 15 years (they had a 3 year re-build a couple years ago and I was not very hopeful) so heres to hoping on lucky #13.

I saw Jerome Bettis the other day. He HAD to have lost at least 30 pounds in the offseason. He looks great. I think they might have a dillema on their hands if Jerome performs well. That being, do they put him in, and run the ball, or keep Amos in the and try the high flying shit. I get worried that they won't be able to distinguish what type of "O" they want to play given that fact. It might be better if one of the two blows out a knee before the season starts--God forbid--so they can know right now. It all boils down to how Maddox plays, if they can keep their identity on "O", and if they can stop the pass. If all those things come together(and they never do), then there isn't any team in the AFC who can hang with them. Oakland is old. Miami is going to have QB issues. Tenessee is also old. Baltimore is too young, and has no established QB. The only teams that might get in their way imo, are the Jets or New England.

All I know is Pittsburgh better make the superbowl this year
I was not happy with my betting last year and those fucked up calls in the playoffs that made them lose pissed me off

Now Biggie I think I deserve a free bucket of Protein Powder for my choice lol

Oh and PS I honestly have not followed who is doing what this year as far as players but will check in the next coule weeks before the season starts and NOT BET on my emotions this year

Browns should've beat the Steelers in the playoffs last year. I'm still pissed about that. I can't wait to see the Browns/Steelers in Cleveland this year. I already got my tickets.

E-Swift25 said:
Browns should've beat the Steelers in the playoffs last year. I'm still pissed about that. I can't wait to see the Browns/Steelers in Cleveland this year. I already got my tickets.

You guys have a outside shot, if your coach wisens up & plays Kelley Holcomb instead of that loser from KU.

1) Which team will win the AFC East?

Miami Dolphins

2) Which team will win the AFC North?

Pittsburgh

3) Which team will win the AFC South?

Indianapolis

4) Which team will win the AFC West?

Denver

5) Which team will win the NFC East?

Philadelphia

6) Which team will win the NFC North?

Green Bay

7) Which team will win the NFC South?

Tampa Bay

8) Which team will win the NFC West?

St. Louis

BiggieSwolls said:
Nice thread.

I love you.

Back