Pro hormone Shutdown Question

Hops21

I did a cycle of pro hormones back to back summers. (Going into sophomore year of college and then going into junior year). What do you realistically view the long term effects being from those supplements? I don't remember the exact type. I am fairly OCD and get anxiety when i think back to using such harsh substances. I have good natural genes and recovered back to normal in due time after their use but sometimes worry that maybe the shutdown occurs later on in someone's twenties or so. Please advise.

If you recovered you should be in the clear. Never heard of someone being shutdown months or years later, and I can't think of any mechanism by which this would happen.

How do you know that your completely recovered? Did you have a baseline?

I don't but I remember periods of low libido and coming back to normal eventually. I was a college athlete so I was very aware of energy levels and such.

Why guess? Fifty some odd bucks and a trip to a labcorp will give you definitive proof. The FAQ in the stickies tells you how and what to order. ;)

Any androgen taken exogenously can permanently shut your pituitary off. It's a matter of luck, genetics, and taking precautions. This is a risk we all take.

What are the options if the Pituitary is off? I would like to avoid TRT.

Restart with SERMs, and pray. Some front load the process with HCG, then hit the SERMs - but that seems like a waste if you're still shut down.

If SERM therapy doesn't work, TRT is the only option. Unless you want to slowly die that is. :)

What are the options if the Pituitary is off? I would like to avoid TRT.

Bloods before anything. unfortunately, a baseline woulda helped but got nothing there, so get bloods see what your LH, TT, E2 etc etc are looking like and "half a**" determine whether or not you're suppressed, shutdown down or still near that, and restart with some solid SERM dosages (nolva and clomid together)
and then do bloods again 2weeks after serms.. if small change - maybe do another round of SERMS, wait 2weeks and bloods again and go from there.....
hCG is suppressive in itself and loading that may not be the best option if you're suspected of being shutdown still.
best of luck to ya

Back