problems getting hurt on cycle. not sure on what to do

fat_boy

so a week ago i seriously injured a pre-existing back condition i was dealing with for a long time. I got a pars fracture and spondylolisthesis, also got a bulged disc. doctors have been telling me this is something that will most likely not heal and the only way to stay pain free is keeping my tendons/ligaments/muscles in my lower back strong. with this condition hyperextensions, squats and deads are out of the question for rehabilitation. only thing I'm able to do to keep this under control is pilates every day.
now... i'm 6 weeks into a deca/test (400mg/400mg) cycle and seriously re-injured this. this did not happen at the gym. anyway, my pain for the last 9 days has been ridiculous. shooting pain down my left leg. i can't even turn my body while driving to check my blind spots. can't arch my back... can't bend over or pick anything up etc. the last 9 days i have been taking naproxen, flexeril, valium, norcos, and tramadol. this is all doctor prescribed but i'm definitely taking more as i feel like they started prescribing less these last couple of years because of the escalating prescription pill problems in america. i'm a 200+ lb guy and they're giving me doses they give 90lb girls.... also for the record i just want to say that i usually avoid taking anything when i get a flare up and I'm generally against taking pills but this one hit me real hard to the point i felt like i had to give in.
While taking these meds I'm not able to get enough food in to hold my weight even while on this cycle and have lost over 5 pounds. This is because I get nauseous/queezy and I'm sleeping all the time. also i do feel like it changes my thinking quite a bit and i start not giving a fuck about shit like eating how i'm supposed to.
usually flare ups last about 7 - 10 days for me. i'm thinking this one will be at least 14 - 18 days or so, possibly even more.... hopefully the gh i'm on will help speed this up a bit (only doing 2 iu's a day - very sensitive to gh and side effects get me big time when i go over 2 iu's)

my question now..

should i stay on cycle and wait it out and just go hard as soon as i can again or should i take the L and get off (probably to a 125mg test e cruise dose for now)

also any tips on dealing with this typa thing mentally would be appreciated.

Often with the water that comes with a cycle comes the localized inflammation and in turn pressure on the nerves.

This is quite common to have a preexisting injury aggravated "coming up" ON Cycle.

9 days means you should be getting some relief anyday.

If you"ve got a bulging disc and spondy then your cycle is over , you need some serious R&R for a while . I wouldnt even try upper body work-outs bro . I went thru some serious sciatica last year and had to stop everything in order to heal . Took me close to a year to recover , but I"m now stronger than ever . Good luck !! ~Bo

Last edited:
do you guys suggest going on a cruise dose of test, say 125mg? just to stay somewhat anabolic and not drop my natty test too low while trying to recover so it won't affect recovery and i can hold on to most of what i have?

If you"ve got a bulging disc and spondy then your cycle is over , you need some serious R&R for a while . I wouldnt even try upper body work-outs bro . I went thru some serious sciatica last year and had to stop everything in order to heal . Took me close to a year to recover , but I"m now stronger than ever . Good luck !! ~Bo

where u dealing with spondylolisthesis as well?

where u dealing with spondylolisthesis as well?

Yea - I didn't warm up enough for a set of squats and jumped right into a heavy set . I had a slipped disc and it was rubbing on my sciatic nerve , it was first class pain and the nights were even worse .Thank you pain killers and flexeril , that was only relief I could get , I became totally immobile. After about 3 months I could walk again and another 3 months of rehab I was back to light squats . It was about 14 months to full recovery . ~Bo

Yea - I didn't warm up enough for a set of squats and jumped right into a heavy set . I had a slipped disc and it was rubbing on my sciatic nerve , it was first class pain and the nights were even worse .Thank you pain killers and flexeril , that was only relief I could get , I became totally immobile. After about 3 months I could walk again and another 3 months of rehab I was back to light squats . It was about 14 months to full recovery . ~Bo

things is, i've been having this for 1 year. because of the pars fracture i have as well i've been told that this is not going to heal so don't use this as an excuse not to train. train your body, do as much as you can without making issues worse and keep yourself strong. i have the occasional flare up and they usually last a week or so then i jump back into my routine. this time is a bit worse. i definitely did not have it as severe as you where i'm totally unable to walk. i'm actually kind of surprised you recovered from the spondy, u must have a had grade 2 slip at least.... really good to hear

i'm actually gonna try to hit the gym tomorrow and see what i can do. sometimes lying around and not moving just causes my back to get tighter and i start moving backwards more than anything.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury brother. I'm dealing with a shoulder injury from this cycle thats really set me back. Injuries suck and it is depressing, especially if you have to come off cycle or stop working out. This shit is my life. Its hard for me to stop working out.

Back