problems in diet

I've posted before but i have lost 47 lbs in an amount of time on a low calorie.. about 1300 a day looking a little something like this
breakfast...lean protein shake... 100 calories for 20 g's of protein as more of a fill me up drink...2 medium eggs and a piece of 40 cal wheat toast... lunch consists of 6 oz baked chicken and 4 oz cooked veggies and an orange or apple.. dinner is 6 oz of protein of choice... fish, steak, turkey burger meat.. you know...i have 2 other protein drinks throughout the day and a protein drink at each meal...i mean hell, i've lost 47 lbs in about 2-3 months and am real happy.. did notice a little loss of muscle but more toned look... went from 230 to now around 182 and 12% body fat...i've been trying to add more protein in but with my metabolism it's hard to know what's gonna put on the extra weight.. not gonna lie i started out real fat.. i'm only 5'5 and at 230 after football i was huge...so now i'd like to stay around the 170-180 range and be more cut...what should i do in my diet to gain lean muscle... seems like if i eat more i just gain bad weight...help would be needed

it all comes down to calories in vs calories out
your body requires a certain amount of calories to maintain its weight (we'll call that "x")
if you eat x + a few hundred calories you will gain weight, mostly muscle
if you eat x - a few hundred calories you will lose weight, mostly fat
so in order to gain muscle, you need to determine the amount of calories your body needs to maintain its weight and eat slightly above that.

Back