Protein and....ummmm.......pooping......

Miss Muscle

I have been drastically cutting carbs sources out of my diet for about 2 weeks, and eating greater amounts of protein and veggies. It seems to "clean" my system right out. Why is this and does this happen to anyone else?

You could be getting more fibre from the increased veggies.

Also, if you increase your protein too quick you can get the runs pretty easy.

what does your protien consumption look like right now?
and after which kind of protien do you notice this the most?
also onelast one how much veggies/fruit are you eating..like Easto said an repid increase in fiber could cause this, esp if your body is not use to 20-40+g ED of fiber.

The type of protein can also be a big factor. You said that you increased your protein intake. Does that mean you are taking in more protein powder?

If you don't have a god quality protein powder that can do it pretty quick. Whey concentrate tends to send me to the toilet pretty quick if I use more than one scoop. You may want to invest in a Whey Isolate of some sort.

Easto said:
The type of protein can also be a big factor. You said that you increased your protein intake. Does that mean you are taking in more protein powder?

If you don't have a god quality protein powder that can do it pretty quick. Whey concentrate tends to send me to the toilet pretty quick if I use more than one scoop. You may want to invest in a Whey Isolate of some sort.
thats what i was getting at well...although i am sure between the increased protien and increased fiber your goin to see more of your bathroom toilet than you would like till your body normalizes to the new amounts you are using.

I started taking some Probiotics, Ginger root, and Bromelin to help with this sort of issue. I wasn't digesting things very well and these helped a ton.

Before I was taking 5-6 dumps per day. They were fast (if you know what I mean)

Since I take 1-3 and when I am done I feel empty. I don't think I was processing the food the way I should and since adding this stuff my bowel movements have been more consistent and no more runs.

Girls poop??? lol

Like the guys said, eating more fibre and more protein will do it to you. When bulking i'm in the washroom probably 4 times or more a day luckily for me they are mainly more solid then liquid. It gives me time to read up on BB'ing mags :)

right pumped said:
woman are not allowed to fart or poop.
Farting rarely rarely happens to me. But the pooping.....

I've increased my beef intake most of all. Protein powder one to two shakes per day depending....same as always....and I use mega milk by dynamatize and banana flavor with EAS. I've always liked these so far. I'm also eating a few more egg whites and cottage cheese and chicken....I've pretty much increased almost all proteins except for my salmon and protein powder.

With veggies I'll have 4 to 6 different types per day, and I've been having anywhere between 6-12 servings....usually about 8.

I noticed after the beef with veggies I'm pretty much on that toilet.

Miss Muscle said:

I've increased my beef intake most of all. Protein powder one to two shakes per day depending....same as always....and I use mega milk by dynamatize and banana flavor with EAS. I've always liked these so far. I'm also eating a few more egg whites and cottage cheese and chicken....I've pretty much increased almost all proteins except for my salmon and protein powder.

With veggies I'll have 4 to 6 different types per day, and I've been having anywhere between 6-12 servings....usually about 8.

Are you eating the beef and veggies straight or adding sauces and such? Just the word beef makes my stomach loosen up.. is it high quality?

BTW beef and steak are two different things to me.. don't know about you.

Miss Muscle said:

are you haveing normal bowel movements or is it runny ?
if its normal bowel movement i wouldnt worry at all .

My body has adjusted to the beef now. I am a regular once a day gal now. I wasn't used to the beef and I've cut out carbs quite a bit so I guess it was just adjusting to the changes. :)

I feel much better. :bootyshak

Back