Protein Bars - Could someone help me please? ? ?

SaintGJR7

Hi there guys and girls how is everyone? ? ?

I am after making some protein bars that stick together well and taste nice.

I am looking for something with a decent protein content and healthy fats content but to suit my diet and lifestyle at the moment, low carbs.

Now this has been difficult for me so far for two reasons.

1) i cant cook
2) when i try to reduce the carbs i dont seem to be able to make it stick, maybe also to do with the fact that i cant cook and i dont know what to include extra to help it bind together.

I am english so if you could list ingredients in grams that would be awesome.

What i am looking for is any ideas really that fit in with either a high protein, high healthy fat low carb approach, or a high protein, moderate fat and low carb approach.

Sorry to go on, i hope i dont come across as thick, i just dont know how to cook.

Just to help you out, i am looking to use stuff like -

Whey protein
Sugar Free Jelly (flavour normally strawberry)
Peanut butter
Almonds
Ground Almonds
Some oats
Quark (which we can get in England, not sure about US - its a soft cheese with 12 grams of protein, 4 carbs, 0 fat, per 100 grams).

I have a page bookmarked with some great recipies for protien bars. there are even some good ones without peanut butter.. send me a msg and I'll send you the link.

SaintGJR7 said:
Quark (which we can get in England, not sure about US - its a soft cheese with 12 grams of protein, 4 carbs, 0 fat, per 100 grams).

that sounds fucking disgusting.

welcome to the board tho. :rockband:

catalyst317 said:
I have a page bookmarked with some great recipies for protien bars. there are even some good ones without peanut butter.. send me a msg and I'll send you the link.

i shot ya a pm,
respond here or there w/ link pls.
thx

catalyst317 said:
What about the rest of us looking for the same thing? Share the knowledge!

Back