Protein for breakfast besides eggs?

Vennom96

I get so burned out on eggs and egg beaters. And when I do eat them, which is often, I can't stomach more than three. I usually do 2-3 eggs beaters (12-18g pro) scrambled w/ a piece of fat free ham or turkey in there (5g). Thats good for about 17-22g protein.

What else can I eat for breakfast that is high protein besides eggs? I found this high protein cereal which helps. It has 9g per cup + a cup of milk = 17g.

I like mixing a couple scoops of Casein/Egg protein in with my oatmeal. Nice quick breakfast. (I also add flax and some almonds/walnuts to the mix)

Gumbo

Just because it is not breakfast food does not mean you cannot have it for breakfast. My favorite breakfast is often a homemade cheeseburger, lots of lean ground beef, tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard, and a fried egg on top of the burger.

Eggs are very versatile and it is easy to get creative-the best is Eggs in purgatory

1 can whole tomatoes
Handful of fresh basil leaves
two toes finely chopped fresh garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
fresh grated parmesan cheese
5 eggs

Heat tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and basil until boiling
Poach eggs in mixture
when cooked top with parmesan cheese and serve with a good italian or crusty french bread--delicious

Steak and eggs.

Just add a protein shake.

As said before, turkey bacon.

I usually just have a meal replacement shake with skim milk (but I am ALWAYS bulking). That adds up to about 70 grams of protein right there.

It is very difficult to me to eat for breakfast (because of lack of appetite and time) so I usually replace it by a big oatmeal, whey, and skim powder milk shake. It works good for me.

huskyguy said:
Just because it is not breakfast food does not mean you cannot have it for breakfast. My favorite breakfast is often a homemade cheeseburger, lots of lean ground beef, tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard, and a fried egg on top of the burger.
Guess I'm not alone here, although I haven't ever put an egg on my burger. I've even grilled out (on the gas grill; not charcoal) for breakfast.

I know this might sound gross- but just drink the egg whites from the carton (as long as theyre pasturized). I dont know about any of you guys, but I dont eat cause I like the taste, I eat cause I like the way I end up looking!

mike@tpcanada said:
Canadian bacon too.
Do you Canadians really eat that stuff more often than we Americans do? (we usually only get it at McDonalds, although it is usually available at the grocery store if you look hard enough I think).

I'm not a big fan of breakfast foods so I'll often eat normal meals instead.

Just because it's morning doesn't mean you have to eat "breakfast."

If you do egg beaters though, there are some new ones on the market that are already seasoned. Cheese & chives and southwestern are pretty good, I didn't care for the garden veggie one.

When I eat eggbeaters I usually doctor them heavilly. I like to brown a bunch of onions first, then add in other stuff, often meat or veggies (beef, chicken, turkey), then I'll finally pour in the egg beaters and cook it up. Today's breakfast was browned onions, sliced up chicken saussage (lower fat one from costoco), sundried tomatoes, then egg beaters with 2 whole eggs mixed in. I made a huge portion for Stromba and I and I made some grits to eat with it. Sometimes I'll make an omlet and throw in some brown rice after the eggs are about half cooked to get some good carbs in there.

I'm not a big fan of oatmeal but I discovered that it's the quick oats cooked until they're mushy that I hate. If I get old fashioned oats and barely cook them so that they're still chewey I like them much better, and you can add in your favorite protein powder and it's an easy breakfast.

Eggs are a base for ANYTHING really. Sometimes I make a fritata with steak or chicken breast. Also Omlettes are a great alternative, turkey bacon/sausage some broccoli and fat free cheese for a tasty meal.

But you can do anything, hell ive tried tuna omlettes for breakfast with some hot sauce and peppers, good stuff.

Maraxus said:
Eggs are a base for ANYTHING really. Sometimes I make a fritata with steak or chicken breast. Also Omlettes are a great alternative, turkey bacon/sausage some broccoli and fat free cheese for a tasty meal.

But you can do anything, hell ive tried tuna omlettes for breakfast with some hot sauce and peppers, good stuff.

What are you doing over here! Go AWAY! :D

Nice to see you here dude

Back