Protein Pancakes

phoenixphyre

Mrs. Pheezy; mom of Loki
Here's another good recipe that I acquired for Protein Pancakes:

4-5 egg whites
1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup of oats
You may add some Vanilla or Almond Extract, as well as some Cinammon and Nutmeg to enhance the flavor.

Blend the ingredients up (in a blender) and cook in a skillet like regular pancakes.;)

Bump - Very nice, May give them a try if I cant taste the cottage cheese ;)

Just make sure you blend the ingredients up really well and that should mask the cottage cheese pretty well....you can also substitute Tofu in it's place...

Well thanks for posting!!

Im not much a cook- and Id probably burn them- but they sound good!

Nicole said:
Well thanks for posting!!

Im not much a cook- and Id probably burn them- but they sound good!

heard that! me either.. ohh how i try, i was thinking the same thing when i read the post!

Pho- thanks for the recipe.. im actually going to attempt these i really love pancakes!!!

phoenixphyre said:
Here's another good recipe that I acquired for Protein Pancakes:

4-5 egg whites
1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup of oats
You may add some Vanilla or Almond Extract, as well as some Cinammon and Nutmeg to enhance the flavor.

Blend the ingredients up (in a blender) and cook in a skillet like regular pancakes.;)
YUMMMMMY :p . I think I am going to have to try making these this week. I hope I don't screw them up!

Gave this a try with a few modifications

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese
5 egg whites
tsp vanilla extract
2 packages of sweet& low
1/4 cup protein powder
3/4 cup flour to thicken

cook like pancakes.

Made them saturday for the first time and they were great
Tried them again on sunday and made extra. I left a few on a plate and tried them later, still excellent. I think I have found a new travel food. I just wish I knew exactly what the carb, fat & protein counts would be.

LongBall

Another variation is substitute the cottage cheese for an apple. The apple adds moisture to the mix. Obvously the cottage cheese offers more protien but I think these taste better....This is one of those recepies you have to play around with and you have to have a blender that can really mix the ingredients well.

Back