Protien Poll - Please vote!!

Which protien powder do you reccomend?

• Total voters
i just use 100 percent whey in 10 pound bags prolly not the best choice of whey protein but i take mine in 3 scoops 3 times daily so i get what i need out of it, and the rest from solids.

Currently the whey ive been using is 100% whey from optimum nutrition, its $51.39 for 10 pounds.But now that i see the great prices for what i hear to be a decent whey protein i think i might switch to the All the whey for a 25 pound box of chocolate mint and bannana for $79.99. Heres the nutrition facts for the 100% whey from optimum nutrition.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (28.4g)
Servings Per Container: 160
Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value*
Calories 110
Calories From Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%
Cholesterol 10 mg 4%
Sodium 40 mg 2%
Potassium 140 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g 1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 23 g 48%
Calcium 160 mg 16%
Average Amino Acid Profile Per Serving
L-Leucine 2531 mg
L-Isoleucine 1573 mg
L-Valine 1422 mg
L-Lysine 2233 mg
L-Methionine 492 mg
L-Phenylalanine 748 mg
L-Threonine 1654 mg
L-Tryptophan 405 mg
L-Alanine 1180 mg
L-Arginine 505 mg
L-Aspartic Acid 2508 mg
L-Cystine 494 mg
L-Glutamic Acid 4082 mg
L-Glycine 412 mg
L-Histidine 423 mg
L-Proline 1509 mg
L-Serine 1126 mg
L-Tyrosine 703 mg
Enzyme Blend
Aminogen, Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g) 25 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Ingredients: Protein blend (Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides), artificial flavor, lecithin, acesulfame potassium, FD&C Red #40.

Suggested Use: To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over 4-6 small meals spread evenly throughout the day.

Warnings: Allergen Informatin: This product contains dairy ingredients (whey protein and very small amounts of soy lecithin (to improve mixability). For use as a dietary supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

And click on the nutritional facts for All the whey.
Here---http://store.store-allthewhey.com/awpcf25.html

i like max muscle protiens, best tasting highest quality! and i work for them so i get like a $50 jug for $25.

Easto said:
go with TrueProtein

1. You can buy in bulk (Check out the kick ass deal on 50lbs of Whey Concentrate or Ion-Exchange.

2. .....

I know buying in bulk provides an opportunity to take advantage of economies of scale, but don't forget that protein, as with most chemicals, is subject to oxidation (loss of electrons). Oxidation is simply "spoilage" due to the presence of oxygen. "In the oxidation process, oxygen interaction with some molecules causes some atoms to lose electrons. Atoms with unpaired electrons are free radicals. These highly reactive atoms seek to correct their imbalance by robbing electrons from other atoms, which can interfere with cellular processes or damage cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. The defense is antioxidants--molecules that scavenge the free radicals." source: http://www.vtmagazine.vt.edu/sum04/ontheweb.html

So, if you're going to purchase 50 lbs of protein, I'd recommend that you get it in separate air-tight sealed containers (possibly 10 x 5lbs jugs or something) or you have a big a$$ freezer/fridge to store it (as decreasing temperature helps decrease the rates of reaction and microbial growths).

Just an FYI...don't want to see you wasting money on spoiled products.

Also, I use Optimum Nutrition's whey protein....have the CHOCOLATE and CHOCOLATE MINT. MMMMM. I make a 200g shake and sip it thru the day...along w/other proteinaceous foods like turkey, chicken, yadd yada

HDT Solid Gains - amazing bulker. Serving size is 5 scoops, which really isn't necissary, cuz 1 scoop has 20 grams of carbs.

Just tried the NitroWhey Extreme 2nite and like many things about it.

-Whey Isolate
-Cross Flow Micro-Filtration
-Only 4oz water and 1 scoop and you get 22g protein
-Tastes good(not great) Easily Drinkable
-102 calories
-0 Carbs
-Lactose Free, Aspartane Free
-Uses 600mg Arginine AKG as a protein delivery system
-No upset stomach taking right after workout (took NO Xplode before workout.)

I only hope it works as well it says.

Easto said:
Here's the problem I have with these companies that tell you they sell a Concentrate/Isolate blend.

THEY DON'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH ISOLATE IS ACTUALLY IN THE TUB OF PROTEIN.

Basically they can sell you a 99% Concentrate 1%Isolate mix and make you think you are getting a superior product. If you want a Concentrate/Isolate mix use trueprotein and get the ratio's you want.

Esto this is only legal to do in the u.s. right??
Considered illegal to do in Canada...is that correct?

David Gilmour said:
Best one i've taken so far..

Just tried the Dymatize Oatmeal.....Apple ...INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Was only a sample but the best tasting oatmeal I have ever eaten!
I am not even sure in the price yet??

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonan try this company out on ym next order cause they seem awesome and I love the options but you gotta love this statement form page one
2. The company is owned by a VERY respected member of the BBing community - Doggcrapp

I know its a handle but its funny

I use megamilk, Eas banana and ON vanilla. Eas banana tastes the best. Megamilk cookies and creams leaves no foam. ON vanilla icecream I use to make protein bars. They are all pretty good. I find variety nice also.

Miss Muscle said:
I use megamilk, Eas banana and ON vanilla. Eas banana tastes the best. Megamilk cookies and creams leaves no foam. ON vanilla icecream I use to make protein bars. They are all pretty good. I find variety nice also.

What are your ingredients??
How?

parrish said:
What are your ingredients??
How?
Ingredients? Mega Milk is from the Dymatize line so you can check them on their website. Same with Eas and On brands for ingredients. As for how? How what? How do I prepare them? Usually with skim milk unless I'm cutting calories.

When I'm going for more calories I use Mega Milk more as one serving is over 300 cals.

Back