Protocol for recovering fertility after coming off TRT to try to have kids

Hoodlum

Hey all - first up, sorry if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find the information I was looking for.

I've been on TRT for about 6 years now, started due to diagnosis of secondary hypogonadism - total T was around 200. I currently take 140mg/week test cyp, split into 2 bi-weekly doses, with 250IU of HCG once a week (my balls ache if I don't take it), and 0.25mg arimidex every 3 days. Feel good, total T is around 1000, bloodwork fine, no issues with my protocol.

I'm getting towards a time of life when I want to think about kids however. Almost certainly, my fertility is non-existent right now (I haven't been checked, I will be, but probably a fair assumption).

I'll need to come off TRT and try to get my sperm production going again - may I please ask what is the latest information on the protocol for doing this?

I've seen HMG mentioned, as well as direct FSH anologs. Some people mention clomid, others not. In truth though, I've no real idea on what quantities of what things to take, and for how long, before getting fertility checked to see if it has worked, and what the chances of success are.

Many thanks for any help

ive known lots of guys who come off and naturally recover, 3 months it takes then they can roll with their bitches and get them pregnant.

This has been covered in great detail in a couple of threads in the last few months. Go over to the anabolic steroid forum.

Summary is you will need to come off the testosterone, then start an extended period of HCG at something like 1,500 IU every three days. Be prepared to run that as long as needed until your nuts come back and start making significant amounts of testosterone - verify by bloodwork.

At that point start a typical PCT of clomid and nolva. You can search up doses and durations, but something like 50/50/50/25/25/25 clomid and 40/40/40/20/20/20 nolva is a typical longer duration PCT.

That would be if all things were otherwise normal. Since your starting state was 200 test, returning to normal might not do the job. There are other drugs as you mentioned, HMG, which I believe is a mix of LH and FSH, and FSH analogs. There is a board sponsor allthebestass.com that actually sells those things (not common at all).

So perhaps if you try that approach, and it fails, then go on a program on HCG plus something with FSH in it to make sperms for long enough to get her pregnant.

Also, some other things to think about - take plenty of fish oil, vitamin D, and magnesium. Eat enough fats that your body has material to work with to make hormones. And some have had good luck adding in IGF1-LR3 to their recovery period.

Be prepared to do whatever it takes. Multiple blood tests and at some point sperm count tests. Buying the FSH analogs, etc.

Good luck

Many thanks for the information, and for pointing me in the direction of the other threads, I'll go check them out.

Hopefully all will go well

No need to come off!

Hcg is the answer, you are already on it, just do a sperm count before you embark on this endeavor that will most likely end in misery

Trust me, been there...

Just expect a girl while on trt (just my observation)

No need to come off!

Hcg is the answer, you are already on it, just do a sperm count before you embark on this endeavor that will most likely end in misery

Trust me, been there...

Thanks Steve - I did wonder actually whether I could just up my HCG without coming off, seems that worked for you?

Also - what part are you referring to will end in misery, trying to restart natty after a long time on TRT?

Thanks Steve - I did wonder actually whether I could just up my HCG without coming off, seems that worked for you?

Also - what part are you referring to will end in misery, trying to restart natty after a long time on TRT?
Well I had gotten off everything about 10 years ago and that’s when I was cycling not on trt so it was easier for me then. But I’ve been on trt for 6 years and did 10 restarts and all ended feeling like hell frozen over, tired, cranky, miserable, depressed like never before. So I meant restarts for me always ended in misery.

As for you, I’d do hcg like 300 iu every 3 days while on trt and check sperm count..you may not need to come off...

Came off because I was not on trt 10 years ago I was cycling. So I was on test and prop, cycles for 6 weeks. When my wife decided we needed fertility I stopped everything cause she didn’t know I was on anything or it would have ended in divorce. I did clomid for 2 months and I did fine off (I was 31 at the time). As soon as I found out she was pregnant I hopped back on. Now at 41 I’m on trt and still wish to come off but my natural TT was never higher than 388 in my entire life...

Have you even tried while on? HCG is supposed to help the boys keep working.

I know plenty of dudes who have gotten their partners pregnant on cycle or on TRT.

Go to your PCM and get your sperm count before anything else. If you’re producing enough, then it’s all about timing, or maybe your partner.

Do this the right way and check off the boxes in order. Don’t make knee jerk reactions before seeking sound medical advice.

I'm in trt from year 2014 and I have 2 child, one in 2016 and one in 2017, I thake 500U 3xweek (with 200T for week) and afret abouth 6 month my wife was pregnant in every two times

Hello Hoodlum,

I came off TRT and was put on Pregnol (HCG), 1500ui 3 times a week, plus 900ui gonal pen, also 3 times a week, to increase my LH. I also took an over the counter product called Evevit for men.

17 months latter, i have a very healthy 8 month old girl.

Not to say this is the best and only solution, but it worked for me.

It is very possible.

Last edited:
You can also talk to your TRT doc about staying on TRT and having him prescribe the off label use of HCG so you can have a baby. A great many will prescribe it for that. I am snipped, so none of them would prescribe me HCG simple to keep the boys plump and not shriveled looking.

If they will not prescribe it, lots of places sell it for super cheap.

No need to come off!

Trust me, been there...

I'm randomly old topics in this forum and I found out this one.

Was it a joke or what? Why there should be a relation between being on TRT and expect a girl?
Is there any past experience or scientific paper about this topic? this looks very interesting :)

Back