PSA: Please WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES!

b_saan

So this probably isnt the right forum but being that you all come here 1st and may not ever read anything in any of the other forums I wanted to get the word out to everyone to watch for motorcycles.

On Friday I had a young lady in a Dodge Ram turn left from the oncoming left turn lane on a divided highway and broadside me without ever seeing me. She had her head turned left into the turn and never looked back up the highway to check traffic as she coasted through and then accelerated into the turn, I hammered my air horn and brakes but she never turned her head until the moment of impact. Luckily, the front of her truck pinned my leg to my bike from my knee down and fully stopped my momentum so thank God somehow I made it through in one piece. As I was laying on the ground next to my crumpled bike (she was holding my head to make sure I didnt move it) at one point I asked her if she ever saw me and she said that she didn't and never even thought to look back as she thought the highway was clear.

All of my x-rays have come back negative and I didn't have any internal bleeding in my upper body, my ER doc said he'd never seen that much tissue damage without any broken bones as the skin in front of my shin was split wide open due to the crushing pressure of the impact. He thinks my lower body muscle was the only thing that absorbed all of the impact to keep the bones from being crushed. I still need to get an MRI on my knee, hip/lower back and left elbow. While I am in pain and my mobility is limited at the moment, I thank God as I could easily have been crippled for life or killed, there's no way I should be in as good of shape as I am now.

Anyway just a reminder, you may not see that motorcycle the 1st time you look but please, double even triple check before you pull out or turn across oncoming traffic. It may just save someone's life.

Last edited:
Glad you're ok dude.
I've had so many close calls on my bike. They'll give a license to anyone. For that reason I'm always riding like someone is trying to hit me, but there's only so much you can do which is why I always wear my gear.

glad to hear your ok. i too have walked away from a bad wreck(drunk teenage girl totaled my bike with less than a 100 miles on it). i was lucky i had all my gear on which minimized my injury's. people will never see bikes, the best you can do is ride smart, wear all your gear and be careful

ride safe riders

First off I am glad you're okay.

Between these people with heads up their ass and tough guys behind their steel cage it's a MFer out there.

Good to hear your alright.

I myself was put down on my bike a few years ago as some guy looked me straight in the eyes and changed lanes into me, full eye contact and still didn't see me. Like Ironreps said, always ride like someones trying to hit you.

Two-wheel respect.

I hold a local record for taking off side view mirrors, and I've kicked a few dents too.

These "I didn't see you" POS spend more time talking about nut case MFers on motorcycles wanting them to pull over for a ass whopping......the more these fucks will pay attention.

All about priorities. if you guys just let shit go you then create this mess even more. Tax these fuckers and they will talk and motorcycles will be in their heads 24-7.

^^haha, ya i love that one i didn't see you at all... . your little mistake can kill me in a second with your xxl xlt suv, so drive carefully people and look out for motorcycles

why do bikes have loud exhausts? -so idiots who are oblivious( talking on phones, texting, lost in wonderland) to people on motorcycles can hear them coming(and some performance too)

why do bikes come in loud/interesting color schemes? -so retard drivers can see them against the black asphalt, so they are more visible

why is all your gear so flashy and colorful(im asked this all the time) - so i can be better noticed by other drivers/riders

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yeah I had a 139decible compact Nautilus air horn on my bike too which I held down as I hammered my brakes and she still never turned her head until the moment of impact, either her radio was cranked up or she was just la da da planning out her friday night. Just fucking ridiculous. Also to tell you how even more lucky I was, since I was headed to the gym and it was 90 degress, I just tossed my gym shorts/tank top on and didnt grab my helmet as the gym is only a mile or 2 away. Just a short hop I thought, what can happen. While I dont believe in helmet laws I can tell you this, I'll never ride without one again nor will I ride without at least jeans and my jacket.

I'm happy u ok brother . Take care of ur self and I wish u a speedy recovery brother. Take ur time and let ur body heal.

Back