PVDF Vs. PES

HB Mad Man

Getting ready to order more filters and wondering which one is better.. I can order 100 overseas for less than I can domestic.. So currious what everyone thinks bout which one to really consider.. Rather order in bulk as much as possible.. So all opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

Also I reallize the pes is more friendly towards water based brews and pvdf more towards oils organics.. But is there a happy medium with the pes?

Getting ready to order more filters and wondering which one is better.. I can order 100 overseas for less than I can domestic.. So currious what everyone thinks bout which one to really consider.. Rather order in bulk as much as possible.. So all opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

Are we talking stericup or syringe filters? If we are talking stericups then obviously I vote for PVDF as it is proven to remove the most forms of bacteria and fungi. If your talking syringe filters I would still go PVDF but with the glass pre-membrane to save your thumbs. If your rich I guess you could go with PES. But Polyethersulfone is hydrophilic... Seems like a lot of money for something that won't be as effective. Plus PES main functions are for:

# Blood glucose testing
# Drug filtration
# I.V. filters
# Lateral flow assays
# Particulate removal
# Serum cholesterol testing

Don't get me wrong they are effective at bacterial removal but why use something not designed for sterilization?

Are we talking stericup or syringe filters? If we are talking stericups then obviously I vote for PVDF as it is proven to remove the most forms of bacteria and fungi. If your talking syringe filters I would still go PVDF but with the glass pre-membrane to save your thumbs. If your rich I guess you could go with PES. But Polyethersulfone is hydrophilic... Seems like a lot of money for something that won't be as effective. Plus PES main functions are for:

# Blood glucose testing
# Drug filtration
# I.V. filters
# Lateral flow assays
# Particulate removal
# Serum cholesterol testing

Don't get me wrong they are effective at bacterial removal but why use something not designed for sterilization?

Never knew that pes wasnt designed for sterilization.. We are talking serynge filters though as I am not wealthy enough for the whole stericup filtration system.. Love to have it but not just yet.. So for the money I can get 100 serynge filters either pes or pvdf overseas for less than what I can get 50 here domestic.. From what you've said bout the pvdf though I think I'll stay that route. It's what I always use anyway but have been curious bout the other filters that are out there.. Thanx

Also I will say that the thumbs do scream BULLSHIT while filtering.. LMAO.. Got me a calking gun and gonna give that a shot this week though.. Suppose to be pretty slick. We will see though..

Also I will say that the thumbs do scream BULLSHIT while filtering.. LMAO.. Got me a calking gun and gonna give that a shot this week though.. Suppose to be pretty slick. We will see though..

Caulking guns can exert to much pressure rupturing the filter paper trust me invest in glass pre-membranes. I hardly use syringe filters but when I do I can run 30 ml through a glass pre- membrane filter in under 11 seconds.

Caulking guns can exert to much pressure rupturing the filter paper trust me invest in glass pre-membranes. I hardly use syringe filters but when I do I can run 30 ml through a glass pre- membrane filter in under 11 seconds.

I haven't seen the glass pre-membrane filters your talking bout.. Who makes them? Been debating bout going the whole filtration pump route but who knows.. For now I have enough money for serynge filters.. Have also heard you can rupture the filter with the calking gun.. Figured I would give it a try though and go easy with it.. Thanx again for the info..

didnt catch the filter paper at first.. See it now though, Hows that possible? I thought if the filter failed it would be the case that ruptures..

didnt catch the filter paper at first.. See it now though, Hows that possible? I thought if the filter failed it would be the case that ruptures..

That would be a clog that would cause pressure causing case rupture. Filter tears actually make the filtering easier. If you do a search in google you will find the glass pre-membranes.

according to this guide:

membrane-solutions.com/download/Syring_Filter.pdf

the MCE filters are recommended for oil. They'er low resistance and fairly high pressure and tempurature rated. Where are you getting these filters with pre-filters?

Back