Question about aromatase inhibitors.

movingmars

I am 64 and have been on Testosterone Propionate for some time and recently was switched to Testosterone Cypionate. For some reason, my gynecomastia (which I have had since I was a teen) is acting up. I am considering taking an aromatase inhibitor (letrozole, anastrozole, or exemestane). Can anyone tell me which, if any, have the least side effects and which, if any, is more effective aromatase inhibitor?

thanks,
-- charlie

Last edited:
It***8217;s individual who likes what. But if you***8217;re experiencing symptoms of gyno I would do aromasin 12.5mg ED AND nolva or raloxifene 40-50mg a day.

It***8217;s individual who likes what. But if you***8217;re experiencing symptoms of gyno I would do aromasin 12.5mg ED AND nolva or raloxifene 40-50mg a day.

Thank you. That is the sort of information I was looking for.

-- charlie

Sounds advice from a vet, when are you getting bloods done? keep us posted brother and good luck!

Thank you A.B and Casanovaaa, both...

I've had several sets of bloodwork so far. But first, here's the long version of why I'm here...

I started out a year ago with a local doctor who was recommended to me by my brother (who is a compounder). He ordered my original Blood Work. I had low hematocrit (I don't remember the count) and Low Testosterone (I wrote that down, so I remember - it was 228 which he said was low). However after starting me out on testosterone propionate EOD, i was up to 480 which he said was an acceptable level and my hematocrit was back in the normal range.

Then he moved to Florida and I was forced to find another doctor. I was referred to a guy whose main practice was urology, not endocrinology. But he had a good reputation, so I went to him. He ordered more blood work and then told me that he didn't like to use propionate because it has too short of a half life and he switched me to cypionate. that was 3 months ago. After 4 weeks, I got more blood work. My hematocrit was now climbing (just a bit, but the trend was definitely there), and my testosterone was now at 1028. I really have no clue what my testosterone should be, but it seems to me that that might be high. My nuts are shrinking and my gyno, which caused me no end of embarrassment as a teen, is back and full blown with growing, tender breasts, etc.

The new doctor cut back the cypionate dosage a bit and told me to work out, try to trade 20 lbs of fat for 20 lbs of muscle, and not to worry about the "temporary" gyno. But, I'm sort of having a bit of trouble trusting him, so I am trying to do some of my own research. I would love to get some muscles back, so I have started (self prescribed) with Ipamorelin at 200 mcg and Sermorelin 100 mcg 3x/day. while I try to pursue a relatively aggressive weight lifting regimen.

However, I'm a senior database engineer, not an allopath . So, I have no idea what I'm doing and decided to come here on the assumption that you who have actual experience with peptides will be a better source of advice than a urologist.

I am 65 years old, 6'1" tall and weigh 200 lbs. (about 30 lbs. of that is excess fat. When I left the military, I was all muscle and weighed 170. I would like to get back to that if possible. I don't mind weighing more than that, but only as long as almost none of it is belly or internal fat...

Now, having said all that, is anyone still willing to share advice with a total newbie? I need to know:
1.) how to properly stack and how long should a cycle last
2.) how much I should be working out, when should I work out (with respect to the timing of my shots), and how often I should be working out if I want to have an aggressive schedule
3.) what I should be testing for (and what levels are acceptable) when I go for the labs and how often would you recommend getting lab work done.

I know that I am likely to get a lot of different answers here, but I am pretty sure that any advice I can get here will be better than what I would, otherwise, come up with on my own...

I stand in awe of you guys who have already figured this stuff out and will be deeply in your debt for any advice you are willing to share.

Again, thanks...
-- charlie

Last edited:
All good man. I would stick to a TRT clinic with an endocrinologist that specializes only at a TRT clinic for men. Theyre easy to find even a google search or online here there is a sponsor

Everyone starts somewhere so dont worry

I would stick with the advice of an endo which I imagine recommend a long acting testosterone like cypionate or enathate. Once a week between 75-150mg which would normally bring you to high normal levels

Main thing is blood work. Every other month getting and checking it.

I would have seen another doctor as soon as gyno flared up and the dr didnt want anything done.

Bring up to your trt dr the issue. And hopefully they will get you on ralox, nolva or a kind of serm that will hopefully shrink what you have. The only other option is surgery.

Blood is key as well because once youre on a steady dose of test look where your estrogen (e2/estradiol) is at. The trt dr may want you to take an aromatase inhibitor to keep your E2 lower to avoid those estrogenic sides

Back