Question about cholesterol level - e2 level and use of AI

Saahib

As I am noob, I went for lots of research, after finalzing compound, another challenge was procuring them (good quality) and then blood work, went for lots of things finally I started my cycle .
However, in blood work (25 th JAN), I had high cholesterol (214.2 mg ) but I still decided to go for TEST E only cycle (500 mg per week - Sun / Wed). First few days were good however later I found myself in following problem:

Bad.. bad really bad digestion, was not able to eat anything
Got cold still not fully recovered.. (is my immune system got weeker ?)
Anxiety and very bad mood (literally was feeling low to hell)

Meanwhile I went on reading and here on forum I realize that need of AI , so I skipped my 4th shot (and started feeling good again, heart rate also stablized, now my 5th shot is pending tomorrow ie. Sunday) and went for E2 test as well cholesterol to decide whether to continue or not to continue this cycle.

Got my result today,
I have 63 Pg/ml E2 which is little higher than normal (11.6 - 41.2) , so I guess it was even higher when I took my 4th shot and I was also concerned about my cholesterol level, but in this test it is now 189.4 and LDL / HDL ratio is 3.081 ( optimum is 3.5)

Full details now and before starting cycle (I will get previous details as they are not with and don't remember exact figures)
Now:
Cholesterol : 189.4 (previously 214.2)
Triglycerides 146.4 (previously xxxx)
HDL 39.24 (previously xxxx)
LDL 128.88
VLDL Cholesterol : 29.28

So, everything looks in control now and for E2, I guess taking good AI will help.. so my questions are :
1. Can I continue my cycle seeing current vitals ?(while adding an AI)
2. Can high Estrogen level cause digestive problem ?
3. Is it possible that going on cycle can weaken your immune system ?
4. During cycle, if I maintains fat free but high carb diet, can still I may have chances of increased cholesterol ?

Thanks for reading..

Last edited:
1) I am thinking You should do a lot more research before you continue to use AAS. For example, what does your PCT protocol look like?

2) Not likely.

3) Not likely. Perhaps you got the Test Flu?

4) You need protein. AAS will likely lower your HDL while on cycle, but it should bounce back after you are done with your cycle. Why are you so worried about you lipids? Do you have history of heart disease?

Thanks for the reply, surely I have been reading a lot, infact before starting cycle, I had done lots of reading and homework prior to starting cycle but you know when you actually do things, then you get better insight..

I will again continue in numbers for your questions :

1. My PCT protocol is not decided, I had done lots reading and zeroed to Raloxofene but today I have changed plan as can't procure it even trying hard, tomorrow I will try Tamoxifen (Nolva) if I can procure good one then will use it for PCT, as I am on test E, will start it after 2 weeks of last PIN. Is that fine ?

2. As I mentioned, I had high E2 (63) and I was not taking any AI as some good old experienced guy suggested that TEST e can be done without it (however, now I know AI is always important) I procured Armidex today and took 1 mg of it. But dosage of AI sounds confusing, some says take .5 to 1 mg ED and some says .5 EOD .. I am considering 1 mg EOD , considering my high E2 , is it GOOD ?

3. I went on researching for TEST Flu as you said and sounds logical, however, when I skipped one 250mg PIN, things are normal now.. perhaps, high E2 disturbed my Immune and I actually got a cold which took good time to get recover ?

4. Yes, I am taking good protein , plan is to take 2gm per pound during cycle. I am combining Egg protein (egg white), whey protein and casein as sources.

5. About Lipids, I have no history of heart diseases, however, as I mentioned, pre-cycle blood work showed I happen to have high cholesterol , however as I mentioned it went down to 189 from 214 after 2 weeks of starting cycle as I balanced my diet and added cardio in my routine.

Most guys use nolva and clomid for PCT. You should have you PCT meds onhand before you start a cycle. But yes, starting two weeks after last pin should be fine.

That is WAY TOO MUCH AI. Try starting at .25mg every other day. Get blood work after 4-6 weeks and make adjustments as necessary. You are going to crush your E2 if you keep taking that much AI.

Have you read the stickies yet? If not, please start there so you can learn about cycles.

Thanks for the reply, surely I have been reading a lot, infact before starting cycle, I had done lots of reading and homework prior to starting cycle but you know when you actually do things, then you get better insight..

I will again continue in numbers for your questions :

1. My PCT protocol is not decided, I had done lots reading and zeroed to Raloxofene but today I have changed plan as can't procure it even trying hard, tomorrow I will try Tamoxifen (Nolva) if I can procure good one then will use it for PCT, as I am on test E, will start it after 2 weeks of last PIN. Is that fine ?

2. As I mentioned, I had high E2 (63) and I was not taking any AI as some good old experienced guy suggested that TEST e can be done without it (however, now I know AI is always important) I procured Armidex today and took 1 mg of it. But dosage of AI sounds confusing, some says take .5 to 1 mg ED and some says .5 EOD .. I am considering 1 mg EOD , considering my high E2 , is it GOOD ?

3. I went on researching for TEST Flu as you said and sounds logical, however, when I skipped one 250mg PIN, things are normal now.. perhaps, high E2 disturbed my Immune and I actually got a cold which took good time to get recover ?

4. Yes, I am taking good protein , plan is to take 2gm per pound during cycle. I am combining Egg protein (egg white), whey protein and casein as sources.

5. About Lipids, I have no history of heart diseases, however, as I mentioned, pre-cycle blood work showed I happen to have high cholesterol , however as I mentioned it went down to 189 from 214 after 2 weeks of starting cycle as I balanced my diet and added cardio in my routine.

You had the test flu. VERY common. Also, please note Arimidex is very harsh on the HDL. I recommend Aromasin. Last, 1mg/eod arimidex took my HDL from the high 40's to the teens. And like megaton said, the stickies here are great.

I believe there is now hardly any sticky left which I have not read, here issue is that all those brands you name are not available here so I have to find alternative reputed brands, and things get changed, like first I planned Exemestane as AI but was not able to get some good one here (I have a friend who is licensed pharmacist), so I looked for other options, so we have Letrozole and Anastrozole, Letro being so harsh, I then settled for Anastrozole (armidex).

If I can procure Tamoxifen , I will use that for PCT, however here we have only 20mg caps for it.

You had the test flu. VERY common. Also, please note Arimidex is very harsh on the HDL. I recommend Aromasin. Last, 1mg/eod arimidex took my HDL from the high 40's to the teens. And like megaton said, the stickies here are great.

I was taking adex and my HDL was shitty. I stopped taking it and 3 months later my labs show that my HDL was better(border line) .... Thanks! This was a detail about adex that I didnt know.

I was taking adex and my HDL was shitty. I stopped taking it and 3 months later my labs show that my HDL was better(border line) .... Thanks! This was a detail about adex that I didnt know.

I spent a little time researching this and I read a few studies. Some studies were on women taking much larger doses of adex but other studies were on older men. Specifically the study was on men with low t. They were given adex only. They had a decrease in E2 and an increase in Free Test and according to the study a lowering of LDL and an increase in HDL which is good!
Even the study with women had these effects on lipids.

Heres the study on the older men http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/586804_4

Maybe someone can read this and tell me if I missed something.

I spent a little time researching this and I read a few studies. Some studies were on women taking much larger doses of adex but other studies were on older men. Specifically the study was on men with low t. They were given adex only. They had a decrease in E2 and an increase in Free Test and according to the study a lowering of LDL and an increase in HDL which is good!
Even the study with women had these effects on lipids.

Heres the study on the older men http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/586804_4

Maybe someone can read this and tell me if I missed something.

If an "expert" claims Arimidex actually helps HDL, run away. It lowers HDL. It DID help me for years with water, and aromatization, but at 41, I'm not risking taking my HDL from the high 40's to the teens, which is dangerous. Ask Mike Matarazzo...

If an "expert" claims Arimidex actually helps HDL, run away. It lowers HDL. It DID help me for years with water, and aromatization, but at 41, I'm not risking taking my HDL from the high 40's to the teens, which is dangerous. Ask Mike Matarazzo...

Ok well Im about to turn 41 and Im thinkin like you.

I just re upped on a bunch od ADEX to....damn! How much aromasin do you run on TRT and on a blast?

You can't take that much adex when you are on a 500mg of test/week. You will drop your E2 to almost nothing. You need E2 to be at healthy levels. The study you read does not apply to you.

You can't take that much adex when you are on a 500mg of test/week. You will drop your E2 to almost nothing. You need E2 to be at healthy levels. The study you read does not apply to you.

It is sure there is aromatization, so what should be dose , I have 1mg tabs, take 1/4 of it, making .25 mg EOD ?

Ok well Im about to turn 41 and Im thinkin like you.

I just re upped on a bunch od ADEX to....damn! How much aromasin do you run on TRT and on a blast?

None on TRT
As far blast, usually 12.5mgs every three days. On a gram of test/week, I've been finding that I'll need to bump it to 12.5mg's eod or even ed if I start to experience any sides such as itchy nips, or higher bp.

Btw, don't get me wrong. I started using Arimidex over ten years ago, and it DOES work well. The problem is what it does to HDL.

And I'm 41 also. Haven't competed in years, but am working my way back to it. Masters class... Damnit! :( lol

Last edited:
Went for E2 test again , its 59 this time, have been taking AI :

So, its like :
Started cycle on 26th Jan
Started AI late :
Feb 11 - 1mg (Anastrozole)
Feb 13 - .25 mg (as suggested here)
Feb 15 - .25 mg
Feb 17 - .25 mg

So, does that mean I need to increase my like .5 mg EOD ?

Just anecdotally, I have noticed for myself that the higher my estrogen level, the lower my LDL level is.

In one bloodtest a year or so ago before reading this forum and getting hip to AI therapies, my E2 was 92. (My test was about 1300 at that time due to an aggressive TRT therapy regimen) However my LDL had dropped from an average of about 95 to just 73! That is an amazing number. I get regular lipid panels so I have a decent sampling of data to compare this to.

However, several months ago, when my E2 was back down to 19, my LDL had jumped up to 103.

BTW, my HDL has dropped like 30 points since beginning Testosterone replacement. Not cool.

Hi, I am back again, from last test its been around 3 or weeks so I decided to test my vitals:

E2 : 73
LDL: 79
HDL : 29
SGPT : 34
Cholesterol : 106

Good thing is that my LDL is way lower and cholesterol is also good but HDL is lowered too.. is it Anastrozole causing it ?

My e2 is 73 now.. which is surprising as I am taking .5mg Anastrazole EOD, and I guess this is the reason most of the time I m not feeling good. :(
So it means I need to increase my AI dosage ? But I am also worried as I have read that high Anastrozole is bad for HDL .. as already my HDL is lowered.

Or should I go for 2 weeks on Latrazole ?

Are you pinning 2x per week? Are you running HCG? Pinning twice a week should help your E levels a bit. And HCG can increase E levels.

PCT i rec Clomi and Tamox (nolva) combo
AI i rec 0.25-0.5mg dex eod
you can get these from RUI for research, they have Ralox as well.
Good luck!

Back