Question about Supplement Direct's Dextrose.....a little confused here....

EmptyWallet

Ok, I've always used Protein Factory's Dextrose. I've seen alot of posts on here about Supplement Direct's dextrose, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, it gets here and I'm looking at the big jug and I notice it says there are 75 grams of Dextrose in 1/3 of a cup. Hmmmmmm, ingrediants say 100% pure dextrose. WELL, my dextrose from Protein Factory, says its 40 grams of dextrose in a 1/3 of a cup. Hmmmm, ingrediants also say 100% pure dextrose. What gives? If they are both 100% pure, then how can they have different ratings for the same measurement? Not only that, but almost a 50% difference in rating? Are there any fillers in Protein factory's dextrose??? If they are both 100% pure, then for the same measurement, they should contain the same amount of dextrose correct?

First welcome aboard Bro

Don't know about PF's dextrose, but I've alway heard 1/3 of a cup is 75 grams.

JohnnyB

I read some post over at Elite about this very subject. Supplement Direct's dextrose is labelled incorrectly.

This is easily verified by weighing dextrose. 1 gram dextrose = 1 carb,

Get a good kitchen scale and weigh out 75 grams dextrose and you'll see it is more like 2/3 of a cup.

Here is what I wrote Supplement Direct about 3 hours ago regarding their dextrose:

"Ok, I've always used Protein Factory's Dextrose. I've seen alot of posts
on message boards about Supplement Direct's dextrose, so I thought I'd give
it a shot. Well, it gets here and I'm looking at the big jug and I notice it
says there are 75 grams of Dextrose in 1/3 of a cup. Hmmmmmm, ingrediants
say 100% pure dextrose. WELL, my dextrose from Protein Factory, says its 40
grams of dextrose in a 1/3 of a cup. Hmmmm, ingrediants also say 100% pure
dextrose. What gives? If they are both 100% pure, then how can they have
different ratings for the same measurement? Not only that, but almost a 50%
difference in rating? Are there any fillers in Protein factory's dextrose???
If they are both 100% pure, then for the same measurement, they should
contain the same amount of dextrose correct?"

Their Response to me:

"The 1/3 cup is not an exact measurement. It cold eaisly be between 1/3 and
1/2 cup. It is pure dextrose no fillers. We will correct the serving
suggestion on the next printing of the label.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks

SD"

So let me get this straight. Lets say I buy some vitamin B, or c or whatever, and there is so and so amount of ingrediant in 1 tablet or pill, its ok for the company to print that there is X amount in that one pill, but in reality I might have to take two or three to get the advertised amount. Yeah

That being said, I'm not going to be purchasing ANY more products from Supplement Direct. Ever.

StoneColdNTO said:
Get a good kitchen scale and weigh out 75 grams dextrose and you'll see it is more like 2/3 of a cup.
That means I've been cheating myself:(

JohnnyB

JohnnyB said:
That means I've been cheating myself:(

JohnnyB

I'm in the same boat as you. Don't feel bad. Others are just like us. This has bothered me enough to where I won't order from Supplement Direct again.

Hey brother I used to get Supplement Direct's Dextrose also, until I realized I was paying more for shipping....so I opted for Now Foods 100% Dextrose. I get it from this site if you're interested. 2lbs is $1.59 so I get about 6lbs at a time which comes to $9.77 total including shipping so its a pretty good deal. Hope this helps, YJ

I don't know about you guys in the States, but in Canada there are wine/beer-making stores everywhere. I just go to any of them and get my dextrose there. It is only $1/lb Cdn. and obviously no shipping.

Back