Question for all the training forum guys.

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
Please answer these for me, it might help me out..... Do not lie please. If you dont want anyone to know, simply dont answer.

1.How much is your max bench press?
2. How much do you weigh?
3. How tall are you?
4. How many times a week do you train usually?
5. How long do you train for at a time?

Thanks.

1-more than you...lol
2-225-230lbs
3-5'9"
4-4 days a week
5-40 mins to 1hr very little rest

why does it matter what someone benches GM? some guys naturally have a better bench than others while others have a better squats and deads. that has nothing to do with anything but ego.

if comparing yourself to others is what it takes to feel good or bad about yourself you in for a long life bro.

the steel game is against the steel, not the world around you.

you been off the board for a couple of months. whats going on man? you aint been the same since you got back.

best was a pretty easy 405 and just missed a second on that. That was after being off for a while, i assume it would have been more on, i have done 315 for 7 on the incline while on. I was around 250 at 6'3. I like an hour four times a week, i can't recover if i work out anymore that that. Bench pressing is something i just started doing again, as dawg and pb explained that i could take alot of my shoulders out of it. It used to bother my shoulders too much, i could bench 300 at 16 and 350 at 19, and never did 405 till 27.

Im gonna try 4 days a week lifting, instead of 5. Thanks guys.

Resting too much is as bad as too little resting. Its so hard to figure out exactly. Just gotta go with how you feel I guess.

Thanks again. 4 days per week sounds perfect.

pullinbig said:
why does it matter what someone benches GM? some guys naturally have a better bench than others while others have a better squats and deads. that has nothing to do with anything but ego.

if comparing yourself to others is what it takes to feel good or bad about yourself you in for a long life bro.

you been off the board for a couple of months. whats going on man? you aint been the same since you got back.

Hahahaa, thats not why I asked man. I asked that because I dont want advice from weak guys who dont get good results. Im trying to find out how many days I should train actually. Read the post above.

i agree with pullin on this one.. im a pussy when it comes to bench last attempt i was at 335 im 5'6" 187lbs.. train 5x/week for 30-45min.. but when it comes to bent over rows with a barbell i am the man so when people ask me how much i can bench i usually just say who cares because my back is my strong point i can do (ronnie coleman style) t bar rows for reps of 10 at 275 - 295 (depends on when i do them first or last) and i can bent over row 315 for reps of 6-8 so once again bench isnt everything and it is man against steel but just so you know whatever your stronger at you always work it harder so it gets stronger atleast i do

but you should never take my advice... my workouts only work for me.. most people cant last the volume i can or they just dont respond to it.. so if you see me post something in another thread relating to workouts question it because i do about 40-50 sets per bodypart..

Golden_Muscle said:
Im gonna try 4 days a week lifting, instead of 5. Thanks guys.

Resting too much is as bad as too little resting. Its so hard to figure out exactly. Just gotta go with how you feel I guess.

Thanks again. 4 days per week sounds perfect.

Your muscles grow when your resting . . . that's how I look at it so it makes it easier to stay away from the gym when I'm sore and tired.

Golden_Muscle said:
Please answer these for me, it might help me out..... Do not lie please. If you dont want anyone to know, simply dont answer.

3. How tall are you?

Thanks.

6' 2"
1 hour

Golden_Muscle said:

3. How tall are you?

Thanks.

1. I don't max, but I do sets of 5 with 425 on the Smith machine.
2. 240lbs
3. 5'9"
4. 3 days weights, light cardio on off days (excpet right now when I am a fatass!!)
5. 1-1.25hrs depending on the feel that day!!

btw, I don't know you dude, but take this for what its worth. You seem to not have any clue as to what you want, or what you are doing when it comes to this game. I have just read your last 10 or 20 posts, and it is apparently clear. I get the feeling you are one of the ILS guys (Inflated Lat Syndrome) that think they need to impress everyone else first, then train for themselves second. I think a re-evaluation of your priorities in the gym and OUT of the gym needs to be addressed. Seriously.

Take it as a constructive criticism not a flame, but its just an observation!!

Good luck!

gottabadrash said:
when it comes to bent over rows with a barbell i am the man

I also bent over row far more than I bench, I think my best is 405x7 to date.

Golden_Muscle said:
no, no..... hahaha. Come on.....

Golden_Muscle said:
I asked that because I dont want advice from weak guys who dont get good results. Im trying to find out how many days I should train actually. Read the post above.

Golden_Muscle said:

3. How tall are you?

Thanks.

1. Haven't benched in over 5 years
2. 261 today
3. 6'0"
4. 5
5. 1.5 hrs
I think a good question on here would be how much can you squat..

1. 255
2. 175
3. 5' 10"
4. 3 or 4
5. 45ish

I only realized less is more within the last few months. I've gone from not being able to do 205 for one to 220 x 5. Come on 2 plates!!!

pullinbig said:

yep..i know what you menat GM but youve been here ong enough to know the people that know what they are talking about..

Back