Question For Bodybuilders Only

when your in th offseason, do u guys stay on ur diet, do u binge eat? do u have 1 or 2 cheat dayz a week. im g2 use Sustanon (sust) as a bulker but it will be in my offseason, whats the difference if i keep a semi strict diet with 1 cheat a week. versus eating whatever the hell i want?

I have 1 cheat meal / day.....The rest of the day i'm fairly clean in terms of kcals.........Its the offseason, you have to keep your sanity.

I try to stick to my plan, but if I feel like taco bell or some ice cream, I just go for it, I dont plan ahead or anything, just when I feel like it. Being a bodybuilder is one thing, but you have to have a life too

I always eat clean. No fast food, no cookies, no desserts. I just dont crave it. My junk food is home made pizza sometimes, stuff like that. Im a very healthy eater. I only eat red meat like once a month because of the cholesterol it has in it.

Golden_Muscle said:
I always eat clean. No fast food, no cookies, no desserts. I just dont crave it. My junk food is home made pizza sometimes, stuff like that. Im a very healthy eater. I only eat red meat like once a month because of the cholesterol it has in it.

damn bro, I wish I could be like that, but I like my salty and greasy foods, especially fast foods. Now that I'm running insulin though I have no choice, I cant have any fats though

needsize said:
Being a bodybuilder is one thing, but you have to have a life too

So true... In the off season and few cheat meals and some junk food here and there isn't going to kill you.

I try an eat as clean as can. But once in a while I will have a cheat meal. The less cheat meals i have the less i crave them.

Golden_Muscle said:
I only eat red meat like once a month because of the cholesterol it has in it.

It has been proven now that dietry cholesterol has no effect on cholesterol levels in humans,you only need to worry about saturated and trans fats.

Plus if you get really lean cuts then you should have no worries at all.

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
IntensityX

Dorian Yates has been quoted as saying that he didn't concern himself with eating clean in the off season. All that mattered to him was getting enough total cals and protein. He also said it matterd nothing to him how he looked in the off season, only how he looked the day of the show.

needsize said:
I try to stick to my plan, but if I feel like taco bell or some ice cream, I just go for it, I dont plan ahead or anything, just when I feel like it. Being a bodybuilder is one thing, but you have to have a life too

Off season means that you don't have to look perfect all year long, right?
So let's cheat, bro. It's psycological good for you!
You'll have plenty of time for being strict to your diet at the right time.

Golden_Muscle said:
I only eat red meat like once a month because of the cholesterol it has in it.

According to Dr. McNamara:

For over 25 years eggs have been the icon for the fat, cholesterol and caloric excesses in the American diet, and the message to limit eggs to lower heart disease risk has been widely circulated. The "dietary cholesterol equals blood cholesterol" view is a standard of dietary recommendations, yet few consider whether the evidence justifies such restrictions.
He notes that studies demonstrate that dietary cholesterol increases both LDL and HDL cholesterol with essentially no change in the important LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio.

For example, the addition of 100 mg cholesterol per day to the diet increases LDL cholesterol by 1.9 mg/dL, but that is accompanied by a 0.4 mg/dL increase in HDL cholesterol.

This, on average, means that the LDL:HDL ratio change per 100 mg/day change in dietary cholesterol is from 2.60 to 2.61, which is likely not even statistically significant and would probably have no influence on heart disease risk.

This helps to "…explain the epidemiological studies showing that dietary cholesterol

http://www.mercola.com/article/statins.htm
http://www.google.com/custom?cof=AH...arch=www.mercola.com&q=cholesterol&sa2=Search

Back