Questions about the docs office

Vennom96

1. First off let me ask what or how you tell your doc that you want your test levels checked? I didn't know what to say so I told him that I felt really run down and I lost a lot of muscle and I didn't have any sex drive (which was all true) so I wanted my test levels checked.

I just got my results back from the docs office. I did a 12 weeker of tren/prop, did 3 weeks of Nolva post cycle therapy (pct), waited one more week and then
got my test levels checked and then they were normal so I went back on another cycle. I know its not the time on = time off rule but if levels were normal than its ok to go back on right? Should my levels be in the normal range after only 4 weeks and cutting post cycle therapy (pct) short a week?

2. My next question is everything came back in the normal range except 2 things were high: BUN Blood Urea Nitrogen was 26, normal range is 7-18; and Creatinine was high, it was 1.4, normal range is 0.6-1.3. I researched to see what BUN was and it basically is protein waste. Does this mean that I'm taking in too much protein and I'm not metabolizing it so I'm wasting it or what? If so should I cut back the protein? I'm 6'4" 235lbs and I'm taking in average of 250g a day.

3. And lastly I'd like some input on possibly why I lost everything so fast when I came off. When I came off my first cycle (tren/prop) that I talked about earlier...I lost all weight, size, and strength that I had gained fast! Within 2 weeks I lost it all. I kept eating the same, I kept training hard, and I did Nolva for post cycle therapy (pct). (I only did 3 weeks but lost it all after the 2nd week anyway). Is it possible that I had bunk post cycle therapy (pct) or what the hell coulda went wrong. B/c once this cycle is finished I dont want to lose this all again.

Thanks for help/suggestions

Vennom96 said:
1. First off let me ask what or how you tell your doc that you want your test levels checked? I didn't know what to say so I told him that I felt really run down and I lost a lot of muscle and I didn't have any sex drive (which was all true) so I wanted my test levels checked.

The good ol' pro-hormone excuse could suffice here. Just don't admit to real steroid use.

"test levels were in the normal range"....
relative to your own, or relative to their normal ranges?
Total test or free test?

Say your total test levels are normally at 750ng/dL, but when tested, your levels were 250ng/dL, you'd still be in the "normal range" according to most machines, but you'd be at 1/3 your normal rane, the only range that matters. Being at 1/3 your normal levels, you won't be able to retain mass anywhere like you would at YOUR normal range. Also, free test is most important....coming off of a cycle, you'll have elevated estrogen levels, and therefore elevated SHBG levels, which will reduce % free test.

Creatinine and BUN can both be high due to high protein intake as well as high rates of catabolism (or both)....not necessarily a problem in and of themselves w/o other "indicators" of a problem

einstein1905 said:
"test levels were in the normal range"....
relative to your own, or relative to their normal ranges?
Total test or free test?

Say your total test levels are normally at 750ng/dL, but when tested, your levels were 250ng/dL, you'd still be in the "normal range" according to most machines, but you'd be at 1/3 your normal rane, the only range that matters. Being at 1/3 your normal levels, you won't be able to retain mass anywhere like you would at YOUR normal range. Also, free test is most important....coming off of a cycle, you'll have elevated estrogen levels, and therefore elevated SHBG levels, which will reduce % free test.

Creatinine and BUN can both be high due to high protein intake as well as high rates of catabolism (or both)....not necessarily a problem in and of themselves w/o other "indicators" of a problem

I didn't get bloodwork done before cycle so I dont know MY normal range but the test levels were in the "normal range", not MY normal range. I'm not really sure how to read all this crap but tell me if this sounds right...

Testosterone 706 ng/dL
and then on another paper: FT4 Free T4 1.09

And what, if anything, should I do about the high rates of creatinine and BUN? Thanks.

Vennom96 said:
I didn't get bloodwork done before cycle so I dont know MY normal range but the test levels were in the "normal range", not MY normal range. I'm not really sure how to read all this crap but tell me if this sounds right...

Testosterone 706 ng/dL
and then on another paper: FT4 Free T4 1.09

And what, if anything, should I do about the high rates of creatinine and BUN? Thanks.

Well, 700+ ng/dL is pretty good no matter what machine is used. How big are you (ht and wt and bf%) and how many cycles have you run?
I'm not one to push insulin, but insulin during post cycle therapy (pct) can reall help combat the vatabolism associated with coming off of a cycle and also add LBM in the process.

As for BUN and creatinine, drinking more water can help to some degree. Were your sodium (Na+) levels in the normal range? If so, were they high normal or lower normal? Were ANY electrolytes out of range?

einstein1905 said:
Well, 700+ ng/dL is pretty good no matter what machine is used. How big are you (ht and wt and bf%) and how many cycles have you run?
I'm not one to push insulin, but insulin during post cycle therapy (pct) can reall help combat the vatabolism associated with coming off of a cycle and also add LBM in the process.

As for BUN and creatinine, drinking more water can help to some degree. Were your sodium (Na+) levels in the normal range? If so, were they high normal or lower normal? Were ANY electrolytes out of range?

I'll post the results below b/c I'm not sure what all the things are:

I'm 6'4" 240 (I was 235 but I gained 5lbs this past week alone). I can see my abs but I'm not super lean so I'm gonna say bf is 10-13%. I've only ran one cycle in the past (tren/prop). I ran the prop 150mg eod for 4 weeks then dropped it down to 100mg eod and added 75mg tren eod for the next 8 weeks.

doc.jpg

BUN should be elevated since Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cause you to retain nitrogen which is used to make muscle protein.

Jawbone said:
BUN should be elevated since Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cause you to retain nitrogen which is used to make muscle protein.

But when I got the bloodwork done, I wasn't on anything. Does that matter?

heres something to think about, before i ever did any gear i had some blood work done and my total test was 750 and free test was about 100 .... the range is between 200 and 1200 for total and 200 for free , so im 8weeks in a test cycle and i get checked and get a reading of 4000 total and a free test of 1000, 4x the norm, and the doc knew exactly what it was ,i know here in indiana there is a doc paitent confidentiality and so used this to get more accurate advise and to better understand the readings , who else can better answer your questions than YOUR DOCTOR , but i did feel him out a bit before i told him what was going on but in my situation it worked out and i was even scripted all of the post cycle therapy (pct) drugs . i did get a bit of a speech but after all he totaly understood moderation and quality of life

The only reason I didn't tell him was b/c I read on a thread in here once on whether to tell the doc or not and I think it was prob better not to b/c they have to write it in or something...I don't know.

Does anyone else have any input? I guess my main concern is why I lost everything so fast and how not to lose it again when I come off next cycle and then secondly about my high BUN: am I wasting protein or taking in too much? Thanks.

Back