Radiaterick first pics ever

RadiateRick

Hey guys. These are the first pics ive ever taken of me with no shirt, simply because of how overweight ive been growing up. In the past three and a half months ive dropped 41 pounds. I'm 5'11", weighing in at 192 right now. I just want to put up a before pic, because i'm planning on changing my body alot. I'm curious as to what fricken weight i need to be at to show my abs... i mean shit, this is the lightest ive ever been but i'm still way overweight. any advice or input would be great for me. Thanks alot!

Hi Rick.....

I actually just responded to your question in the diet section!

First off you look like you have a nice solid foundation to start with. You look good.

So you started at 233 pounds ....you've been dropping 3 pounds per week which is a big loss! Like I said post your diet and training so we can see why.

When someone is quite overweight they can lose alot of weight fast for sure......your weight loss will slow down eventually.

So you want to show the abs.....eh. Diet diet diet. I know you are continually lifting which is great but now you have to be careful to maintain the muscle you have. We can discuss that stuff more in diet and training sections.

Abs will show at a low enough bodyfat which is the result of a clean diet. Check out stickies and past posts to get an idea of where to start now.

With the proper training and nutrition we will be able to get those abs to pop out!

First off congrats on your weight loss. It's hard work man, but it's worth it for both your health and the ladies hehe.

Anyways, generally for abs to start showing you need to be around 10%bf. MM was right, it's all about diet and cardio, while continuing with a good weight training program.

Looking forward to the after-after pics.

Thanks for the support guys. MM, i posted my diet in the diet section on the thread i have going in there.
10% bodyfat to show abs... i'm assuming im somewhere in the 20's right now. ive never checked so i'm not sure. As far as diet and cardio goes, I know i can do it, i just need to figure out a good plan that fits my lifestyle. I guess that's why i came to you guys.

Wow, that actually gives me motivation! Thanks man, 19.2 pounds is very doable for me. That would put me around 170lbs, i havent been that small since sixth grade! I just dont want to sacrifice muscle getting there, i dont want to look like some skinny little chump.

If your eating plenty of protein and continuing with your weightlifting program you wont lose muscle, hell at your stage (working out is new to your body that is) you might even gain some!

congrats man, i hope your the motivation that people need to stick to what there doing and really see the benefits...

Yeah, i feel like ive been gaining muscle. I'm feeling alot bigger then before, yet a hell of alot leaner.

I hope i'm motivation for other people to, I know now how hard it is to get into shape. I'll keep posting pics so you can all watch the changes and help me with any problems i might run across.

RadiateRick said:
I just dont want to sacrifice muscle getting there, i dont want to look like some skinny little chump.

Since you've already lost alot of weight, be careful to not go at these last 20 pounds too quickly. Do it slowly and make sure you eat occasional fun foods (ie once a week) to keep that metabolism up. The more aggressive you are when you diet, the more muscle you'll lose - especially if you're not supplementing to blunt cortosol production or trying to keep your insulin levels right on the mark.

My advice, keep calories moderate (ie 1700 cals daily) to keep the metabolism chugging, do cardio daily (including occasional sprints), drink LOTS of cold water and keep your diet clean. Do your weight training like at a good pace as well .. very little rest between sets. Even at 1-2 lbs as week, you'll hit your target in no time.

Good luck,
Bula (Mr Tampabay 2007)

Thanks Bula, i'm definatly gonna try to lose the weight at a slow enough pace that i dont lose my muscle. I'm shooting for about 2300 calories a day. I'm curious to how to supplement for the cortisol and insulin levels.
I just started drinking super cold water today... i never knew before today that it actually burns more calories then room temp water.

RadiateRick said:
Thanks Bula, i'm definatly gonna try to lose the weight at a slow enough pace that i dont lose my muscle. I'm shooting for about 2300 calories a day. I'm curious to how to supplement for the cortisol and insulin levels.
I just started drinking super cold water today... i never knew before today that it actually burns more calories then room temp water.

Either did I till now. Someone fill me in on why? This sounds mythical to me. :bsflag:

Because your body has to raise the temperature of the water... to 98.6 Farenheit

yeah, i had just read about that, then when Bula said to drink cold water, it confirmed it for me. I read that if you drink a gallon of super cold water it will burn an extra 127 calories in a day. I guess it's worth a shot.

Heck yeah, that site is pretty cool that you looked it up on. I'm for sure going to stick with the ice cold water from now on. Even though i hate ice i'll just have to sacrifice!

Yes, it works both ways. Your body has to expend energy to maintain it's desired temperature whether hot or cold.

Bula is right about taking this last part a little slower.

I'm trying to slow it down man. Today i'm already at 1298 calories and 163g of protien. Which is alot more then my normal daily intake and i havent had dinner yet. I posted my workout in the training section, ive been doing that for a while now and i still get super sore every day, but i'm curious as to if it's about time i change up my routine. I want to take it easy on this last twenty, make it clean and mostly fat... I wanna do up baby!! You guys have me pumped now, my workouts are super explosive since ive been talking to you guru's of the workout world! I love it!!

Back