Re introduced deadlifting

Teutonic

I was reading in magazine about " The dead lift...." and how good it can be if done right and smart. I swore them off years ago after a fusion in lower lumbar.
However I read the essay and decided I d go light and high rep w special attention to form and paying attention to my back. I love the deep lat soreness I M getting from using reasonable weight and no less than 6 to 8 rep s and 10 rep s being the norm.
Do 6-9 follow up set s w medium weights and my traps ham s and forearms are sore too but not hurt. Feels good to be " home" with chalk and powder...

Last edited:
Did the same thing yesterday after a year off the deadlifts because of sciatica problems after fucking up my form attempting a 460lb deadlift. My mind and form wasn't right at all, fucked up bad. Started off slow and worked my way to to 405 for 8. Loved it and missed it. Deadlifts are King.

I m in week 3; going slow and careful...stopped at 365 x 8 405 x 5 for 2 sets.

I m "dieting" (groan ) so I ll not go over 405, but love the slow steady raw strength it involves.

I m convinced 225 on incline s felt easier this a m too..it s just a damn good movement. ( strap s and a belt when over 315...)

I m convinced 225 on incline s felt easier this a m too..it s just a damn good movement. ( strap s and a belt when over 315...)

funny how this works. dead lifts should have nothing to do with your incline bench strength, but, its just a movement that makes you over all stronger EVERYWHERE, imo .

Plenty of evidence out there that suggests that dead lifts are not very good for bodybuilding type hypertrophy , especially being there is really no eccentric portion of that lift (i think even Mr.rippedzilla has an article here on that) . BUT , if neurological strength goes up from training with dead lifts and your strength in general goes up everywhere , then HYPERTROPHY will be benefited everywhere as well, being 'mechanical tension' is one of the key variables in muscle hypertrophy.

you getting stronger on incline bench (adding to your mechanical tension) will cause more hypertrophy and muscle growth in your chest , all because dead lifts help develop and boost your neurological strength in general. thus dead lifts are a great lift for bodybuilding and hypertrophy, its benefits are across the board (not just back and hams) . great lift .
my 2 cents.

As I entered my junior year in college I was a 198 and I did some ( 3) bodybuilding, Mr whtaevr and what ever college I was at. I never changed anything except diet for 4-6 weeks. I pulled on Sunday and today I m no longer able ti feel it...so..tomorrow I will again. Slow progressions
135x
185x
225x
275x 8
315x8
365 etc

See no reason to go higher till this fall. Diet s and big compound movement s...sux.

Back