recommend something i should check out for shoulder pain? considering ARTand or chiro

renato_laranja

Active jiu jitsu practitioner, so of course all the pushing and basically decline bench im doing has re-aggravated my delts but the lower part, the part in between the upper shoulder and elbow has been bothering me on both sides.

A little background, i had rotator cuff strain years before, fixed all that up with physio, THEN i decided to do ashtanga yoga, i believe its the most strenuous, (guess where this is going :)) and then i strained my delt muscles pretty friking bad from all that yoga planking. Did the yoga to get more flexible btw. Anyways that was last summer and its been bothering me ever since. Physio for that hasn't been too useful. The thing is i'm a big fitness and rehab freak, i do all the rehab exercises religiously and for every other injury i've fixed myself up.

Other problems, most likely posture related, but also my collar bone on the side that i had more of the shoulder pain is lower or drops. Im currently looking into more active release chiropractic stuff, cause at this point ive done so much shoulder rehab i dont think its an actual muscle weakness. I know i have alot of scar tissue there too. I'm thinking its much more of an alignment issue. Anyways hopefully the alternatives help or i am fucked. Any advice? and please share any success stories

just to show on a picture here i get occasional pain right above where it says long head of biceps, the triangle part of delt. i also noticed i have soreness above the clavicle, and sometimes my supraspinatus gets inflamed. View attachment 550222

I get by in bjj cause my elbows are always close to me, usually when i have to extend out thats when i get the injury, for example, if i were to hold a full jug of water like a brita one with my arm extended straight out it would be way too hard. I can feel my supraspinatus get really sore when i have this pain if i hold a cell phone against my ear for above 30 min.

Thanks a bunch

Is your AC joint painful to touch? Check out "distal clavicle osteolysis" it can be diagnosed with a simple x-ray. It's when the collarbone rubs against the top of the shoulder. I am having surgery for this shit after couple weeks, haven't been able to lift for 2-3 months now.

Back