Red, Hot lump in my glute.

alecsutzu

Hi guys.
I`m on my second cycle, test p and Winny. All good until Saturday morning, when I pinned the test in an existing lump, and pinned kind of fast. (1ml in less than 30 secs)
It took only 20 minutes for the lump to get bigger and harder, and about 6-7 hours to start getting red and hot.
I had no fever what so ever. The lump got to about the size of a tennis ball. Slowly, but surely, the red area extended, a lot, now it is about 15cm down the side of my thigh.
I have applied hot pads, massaged it, but not very hard.
The pain has not been bad. Just a little more than usual, but not bad. I have trained legs, hard, on Tuesday, and I didn't even feel the lump.
Since yesterday morning (Wednesday), I have had no pain, only if I press on it with my fingers, does not bother me when I sit. The redness is now pink, and the area isn't that hot anymore.
I think the lump got smaller, but now it has a soft spot right in the center, which it didn't until this morning.
What worries me, is the fact that the pink area is not getting any smaller and the fact that the lump has that soft spot.
Yesterday morning I started taking Amoxicillin 875mg + Clavulanic Acid 125mg every 10 hours, just to be sure.

Any advice on what this could be?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like an abscess. Hopefully it doesn't get infected and goes down by itself. If not you will have to drain it.

typically id say if its not hot its prob not infected, but one of the tell tail signs of infection is when abscess' become soft, could be cellulitis but that usually stays hard.. if the redness and heat comes back i would go to the doc. next time dont jab and already existing lump..

The lump is not all soft. Just has a soft spot in the middle.
The swelling has gone down, and I had no fever, not even a little spike. Been taking my temp regularly since yesterday.
If it is an abscess, what can I do to keep it from getting infected? And if it does, can I drain it on my own? Can I treat it on my own?

The lump is not all soft. Just has a soft spot in the middle.
The swelling has gone down, and I had no fever, not even a little spike. Been taking my temp regularly since yesterday.
If it is an abscess, what can I do to keep it from getting infected? And if it does, can I drain it on my own? Can I treat it on my own?

Do not drain it yourself unless you're a dr, which apparently you aren't as you're seeking advice. You can tell the doc it was a B12 shot went wrong. You don't have to admit to AAS.

When should I be worried and seek medical attention?
Seeing that I have no fever, no pain and no discomfort.
Is it possible that the antibiotics I started yesterday are doing their job?

LE: and the size of the lump has gone down. About 2/3 of the initial size left.
LE2: should I apply heat or cold, Or just leave it be?

Last edited:
Maybe, or maybe there was no infection.. At this point, IMO, I think you'll be fine. If redness or heat comes back then seek medical attention, if it continues healing over the next few days I wouldn't worry.

Any advice on how to stop it from getting infected?
Are the antibiotics I started enough? Or better asked, are they any good for this kind of infection?

Antibiotics are antibiotics.. Antibiotics fight infection, some stronger than others obviously. I think if it's already gotten better it's not infected nor will it get infected. If you're worried continue taking the antibiotics and keep a close eye on it... I would run probiotics after you're done with the antibiotics though just to help recover quickly.

Might be a sterile abcess. Happenned to me last year.
Comes from gear irritation. You said you shot into an existing lump (already sensible area)
It will take about 7 to 10 days to go away.
You can keep running amoxil but i dont think it is necessary, as it is not a microorganism causing the abcess. It comes from tissue irritation, making a inflammatory reaction. Along with inflammation comes redness and localized increase in temp.
Watch if it goes down. Do not inject in this area for at least 5-6 weeks (more if u can)
If it increases in size (it should not) go see a doctor.

Update:
The size of the lump has gone down. It is now about half the size. Even smaller.
Pain, nonexistent. Not even when i sit or press on it.
Redness has gone down almost completely. Red only around the remaining lump.
Hotness gone. Not even the lump is hot.
I had a small increase in temperature yesterday. It went up to 37.5 degrees C. But it was probably from the antibiotics, because it was accompanied by a day of diarrhea.
The lump is now small but also soft. Hope it will disappear soon.

Keep an eye on that temp man, and if the diarrhea continues may wanna check it out. Probably not related to the lump but......

Antibiotic kills benefecial bacteria that reside in your digestive tract..
You can use pro-biotic to help at replenishing those "good" bacterias...but keep in mind not to take pro-biotic at the exact same time you take your anti-biotic...(you would just kill the pro-biotic use from the start)

Other then that, it sounds like your sterile abcess is going away nicely.

Update:
Redness gone. Tenderness gone. Lump, soft, but 90% gone.

It seems i'm getting better. Was not an infection. Or it was, and I just have a killer immune system :)

Thanks guys for the info and support.

Next time I will follow your advice. Won't be stupid and pin an existing lump.
Moron move. :)

LE: The temp was probably from sun exposure.

Back