Redness, swelling, bruising below injection site

Mattski83

Thursday morning I injected 2ml: 400mg test & 300mg deca into my right deltoid using a 1 inch 23g needle. I did push it through faster than normal but I've been doing IM's for awhile now. Today, Monday, 4 days later, I'm experiencing some pain and discomfort 2 inches below injection site as well as swelling, firmness, redness, what looks like bruising below the redness, being warm to the touch, and some itchiness. No fever as of yet. I've read so much on what this could be. Abscess... Infection... Etc. But before anything could I get some feedback from others please and what I should do? Thanks.

If the redness expands in size or you run a fever you need to see the doc ASAP. Or the redness gets worse or you have red "streaks" that form you'll need antibiotics.
Basically, if it's worse tomorrow see a doc. Tell him you inject b12 and you think it got infected.
Bruising you can ignore.
Meanwhile post a picture.

could also be due to such high mg to ml gear (and more solvents) and maybe the volume also. 700mg in delt in one shot could be why for some. also i usually only go 1.5ml (i have gone 2). but keep eye on it, run warm-hot shower over area and try not to irritate it too much. keep eye on it but also take temp daily. if its not better in few days i would go doc be safe, say b12 shot.. and if temp up then go doc asap

Back