Resurrecting Old School Pyramiding

agree

DocJ said:
You're all still discussing this solely from the standpoint of the HPTA, there's more to it then that...

Also, some are posting as if there's a set optimum dose for maximal gains in a cycle for everyone. I'd argue it's a more broad spectrum. Personally, continuing to use test as an example, my spectrum goes like this:

Gains: good(800mg/week)->->->->excellent(1200mg/week)

with a sides spectrum of: mild(800mg/week)->->->->moderate(1200mg/week).

Agreed. There is more than one way to skin a cat. If you are talking about restoring hpta then everything in the last several post would be true.

But if your talking about highering your dosage of test when your body is already leveling out on the current dosage then why wouldn't this work.
If your objective is to spike your drink with a second shot to get a better buzz then this will work.
If your objective is to spike your drink with a second shot to help you recover from your hangover then it won't work.

I am doing the exact same thing as Doc is doing and I feel I am reaching my objectives.
Many people stick with a level consistant dosage and that is probably the safest way for someone who is inexperienced. But if you have done several cycles and you are very familar with your compounds and your body's ability to recover and adapt to your gear usage then you should be able to experiment with strategies of developing your body.

in my opinion the reason gains slow after the first 4-6 weeks is the bodys adaptive mechanism.the body is trying to maintain homeostasis by upregulating endogenous catabolic hormone. if youve run a full hormone master panel like i have youll start to notice increases about week 3-4.......try it out for yourself a lot can be learned from a full hormone master every week for 4-6 weeks....................................................
i have pyramided my orals both on the up ramp and downramp of the onset/decline of long ester test i do this in a bid to maintain an overall even level of aas....its pretty roughly calculated though as no one can really say on day x-y test e releases z amount of hormone per day....but i do "feel" more consistent with a more even surge of strenght..............like i have always said you can read or say whatever you want about steroids but it all comes back to what works for you as an individual............
if you think pyramiding works for you then use it........

Something just hit me about this thread that I feel a little foolish about not having thought of before...what if the reduced gains seen towards the end of a cycle are diet related?

Maybe simply increasing caloric intake gradually during the cycle would lead to more gains. Almost every single "bulking" diet I see has a static number of calories for the whole cycle. So...let's say you typically get 5,000 calories/day for a whole cycle, maybe something like this would be better:
Week 1-4: 5000Kcal
Week 5-8: 5500Kcal
Week 9-12: 6000Kcal

This makes sense to me even though I've never done it. Sometimes it's the obvious stuff that's the easiest to miss. Of course you could implemment the calorie idea AND the pyramiding Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) idea and see what happens :)

^^^
After reading a certain thread on a board with "Animal's" on it, I've re-thought this whole concept. The reason why pyramiding may have some benefit is due to the increase in SHBG after a few weeks of a cycle. However, increasing dosages only a little won't do much to negate the SHBG increase. One would need to increase it a lot. What's a lot? Something like this (experienced users only please):

Week 1-4: Test 600mg/week
Week 5-8: Test 1200mg/week
Week 9-12: Test 2000mg/week

Back