Rookie 1st Pictures

walls

On...
Ok, I've plucked up the courage!

Sorry about the before picture, it was one of the only pictures I could find before I started training.

I've been training for a little over four months now. The supplements I use are creatine, whey protein, and l-glutamine. I train four times per week as heavy as possible, usually doing 4-5 sets of 8 reps. Generally I do 4 or 5 routines for each muscle group, and try to reach failure everytime.

I would be interested to read any feedback, tips, areas for improvement, or any general guidance.

Heigh = 6ft.

Before = 196lb's.

Now = 214lb's.

Thanks guys...

Walls.

Last edited:
You have a pretty nice build, just keep doing what you're doing now and you'll look huge in no time.

Thanks for the encouragement - sort of!

I'm 30 years old, and I'm happily engaged to be married.

To a female by the way.

No chocolate starfish lover here i'm afraid. :)

Hahahahaha I was caught trying to get bits of BBQ out of my teeth. The only picture I have as I normally avoid photos like the plague.

Know what you mean though lolololo....

Generally I have the weight balanced so I can get to around 5 reps on my own, with my spotter forcing the rest out. On the last set my spotter will force rep until I cant hold the weight up anymore, which can take me up to 12 or 15 reps sometimes.

I'm from sunny England by the way!

PS - I'm not knocking it - but I ain't trying it either.....

Had a read up on the failure thing....

I certainly don't want to cause any injuries or reduce potential....

It's gonna be difficult to feel that I've pushed as far as I can go without failure....

I will see how it goes tonight, best get into the habit now rather than later i suppose....

very nice gains from original picture. Keep hitting the weights like a fanatic, EAT, and never neglect your time with your future wife! Congrats and wish you the best!!

The weight gains seemed to have slowed down and I have settled at around 215lb's now...

I'm eating very well of late, I am hoping that it's merely the process of gaining lean mass, and dropping fat....

Or do you think it's diet related?

Urrrr its a gay one of a little devil that I was talked into getting when I was 16 - I will be getting it took off at some point.......

you really lack muscle maturity, But your having really good gains in that period of time.. So that's something to be proud of, keep it up.

Back