Sad but true

dallasskyline

My girlfriend and I have decided to have a baby in the coming year. What concerns should I have with birth defects or anything along those lines due to my use of juice. Is there a safe time to stay off where any potential complicatins can be avoided? I have not been able to find much info related to this and have been hesitant to talk to our doctor...he is a bit anal.

I have done 2 cycles in the last 12 months and was about to start my 3rd. If it matters...my 1st cycle was sust/primo, the 2nd was prop/tren...and the 3rd will be prop, eq, Winstrol (winny) (and test eth on the latter half of the cycle)...if I do this cycle.

Any info on this wuld be greatly appreciated.

i have 2 beautiful daughters with no probs. except the smallest one [3 years old] can lift my pickup up so i can change the tires lol

i have read a study cant remember were but you might be more inclined to have a girl.

hhmmmmm , on both times that she got preg. 2 girls . i dont really know if its true or not though

look at all of the athletes with children who have had birth defects. especially football players. obviously steroids have some kind of effect on the child. i would think that the baby would have more problems if the mother was the one using steroids.

When you had yor two daughters how long had you been off...if you where off...I am assuming you were off.

For some reason pro-athletes do seem to have quite a few children with birth defect, however, I wonder if they fall into the national average and are just spot-lighted do to their status.

off for a long time with the first one. i was on with the second one

my first daughter was born 2 months early but that was do to a problem with the wife.

both kids are fine

I was worried about this tooo when my girlfriend got pregnant a few years ago. I was on for about 2 months when my daugther was concieved. She was born with perfect health and is now a little over 2 and couldnt be healthier. BUT I plan to stop juicing altogether before i have another child, its just not worth taking any risks when it comes to your childs health.

Just because a few football players kids have birth defects it does not mean that they were on steroids or steroids are linked to birth defects. A few to mention are Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie. Both Quarterbacks and I would bet niether used steroids I mean there QB's for goodness sake. Your comment is just plain ignorant.

Great question, and something that I hadn't considered before (though I'm not juicing nor am I going to have a child soon).

I'm betting there won't be an assload of info out there on this subject. Your best bet might be to go to a medical library, or large university library with a lot of medical studies, and spend a few hours on the computers/in the stacks there.

swoleburn,

your comment is actually more ignorant than mine. you are actually saying that just because they are quarterbacks that they don't juice. you would not believe all of the different types of athletes who use steroids in order to improve their specific skills. not to mention many athletes use steroids in order to help recover from serious or nagging injuries - and yes quarterbacks take a beating, so the use of steroids DOES come into play.

My primary MD has said to me that he would vote against using DECA if you are pretty close on making a baby! I would stop at least 6 months!

My wife said I have to get off before we have another child! She is cool but won't budge on this issue. So I will comply because she is so good about my use that I have no choice. I would say its better to be safe than sorry.

Steroids cannot cause mutations in sperm, which means that they will not affect a baby conceived by a father that is juicing or has juiced. I researched this issue a long time ago before I had my own daughter.

They can, however, lower sperm count. You will be less likely to conceive if you attempt to do so while you are using, and for some time thereafter. I believe this is an individual thing, and remember it only takes one lucky sperm to join with an egg. My daughter was conceived only weeks after I came off.

There have been some studies showing that proviron increases sperm production, but the time to consider this would be post cycle.

I am less certain about the potential effects of the mother using, but I do not believe that steroids could affect the genetic code in the egg.

Having said that, if the mother were using during the pregnancy, I believe it would be as if the fetus were using as well. Although my understanding is that a fetus and mother do not actually share the same blood, by the same way that a baby can be born addicted to drugs if the mother uses, I believe the steroid molecules would be exganged between the mother's blood and the baby's blood in the placenta.

And sorry, Ballscouter, but I have to agree that your totally unfounded conclusion that "obviously steroids have some kind of effect on the child" can fairly be called ignorant, although I would have chosen different words.

Back