Sardines

wutangnomo1

I used to eat sardines straight out of the can years ago for the protein and healthy fats (and convenience factor). To be frank, I can eat just about anything but there is something about sardines that make me want to hurl.

I'm looking to add good ol' sardines back into the diet. Is there any QUICK and EASY way to make them taste half decent?

I have no input on the taste - it doesn't matter to me.

I will say, be particular about the brand and macro content you select.

Never use oil-packed only water packed.

Look at the Pro:Fat ratio. Some brands are a lot better than others...

For example...

Chicken of the Sea - Sardines in Water, 3.75 oz.

Regardless, there is a lot of sodium in these things so I wouldn't make them a "3-4 can a day habit" unless you want to start holding more water than the aquarium from which theses little fish were plucked.

Pickle sardines??? Never seen that before. I'm not a huge pickle anything fan so I don't think pickled fish will work for me.

Do they have sardine "jerky"?

I have no input on the taste - it doesn't matter to me.

I will say, be particular about the brand and macro content you select.

Never use oil-packed only water packed.

Look at the Pro:Fat ratio. Some brands are a lot better than others...

For example...

Chicken of the Sea - Sardines in Water, 3.75 oz.

Regardless, there is a lot of sodium in these things so I wouldn't make them a "3-4 can a day habit" unless you want to start holding more water than the aquarium from which theses little fish were plucked.
The sardines that i eat are 16grams protein, 8grams fat and like 3 grams carbs. I buy the ones that are in ketchup. Which is where the 3-4grams of carbs comes from. And actually i drain most of the ketchup out. What do you think of the macros on these sardines?

As for taste, like i said i buy the ketchup ones and then when i eat them I sprinkle some chili pepper seasoning on them. It helps a little. Still brutal though!

look for sardines in olive oil...I personally think they're better options out there though

I used to eat sardines straight out of the can years ago for the protein and healthy fats (and convenience factor). To be frank, I can eat just about anything but there is something about sardines that make me want to hurl.

I'm looking to add good ol' sardines back into the diet. Is there any QUICK and EASY way to make them taste half decent?

Good shit Bro... i eat them out if the can w/ whole wheat bread. Great Protein source

I buy Trader Joe's skinless & boneless sardines in olive oil, 7g fat, 0g carb, 15g protein. Mix in a little horseradish or spicy brown mustard or chipotle tabasco and stir in some cottage cheese and I think it's actually pretty tasty. Way better than tuna and I don't have to take sides in the mercury debate.

Back