Satisfying the sweet tooth without breaking diet

numba1scrapper

Beast in training
what are you guys eating that's quick and doesn't take much prep to satisfy that sweet tooth without totally killing the diet?

Ive been eating greek yogurt, fruit, protein pancakes, a swig of whipped cream, and a chocolate protein shake, but most of these still contain sugar and only best consumed right when waking up or after a workout when sugar can be beneficial. Looking for something that has that sweet taste, but no real sugar or very minimal that I can randomly have when I get that craving.

Thanks

Almond butter + Jay Robb protein powder (it's flavored with stevia) + unsweetened rice cakes = win. There's also very low calorie ice cream, like Halo, which has like 200 calories in an entire pint.

On the flip side, sometimes a cheat helps strengthen resolve - as constantly denying yourself will inevitably lead to binging. I find a mix of both can really help, especially if timed with an intense workout day, like leg day. ;)

My .02c :)

Some of my go to items when I'm having a tough moment:
Sugar free jello cups. 5 cals! Lots of flavors. Or the ones with fruit in then are 45 I think
Fat free cottage cheese n pink grapefruit. We buy the no sugar added gf already processed in the clear plastic jug. I eat a ton of this
100 cal popcorn, kettle corn flavor. You can add extra flavors for hardly any extra cals but does not 'stick' cuz no butter! It's not bad
Sugar free hard candies like lemon heads or lifesavers. LH are 4 for 35 cals. Ls are 4 for 40
Coffee! Ice americano, splash of half n half, 3 pink sweeteners.

I know it's all crap, but these have helped me keep my cals down and as of yesterday I'm down 38lbs from my horrid peak of 250

thanks for the ideas guys, surprisingly I have zero urge to consume anything thus far, but im also only 1.5 weeks into my diet after a good 6-7 months of neglect. Im sure this thread will come in handy soon.

Triple stack of big pancakes smothered in syrup and bacon bits served with scrambled eggs and Jimmy Dean pork link sausages, chase it with a tall fresh OJ and dark coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

Sometimes you just have to say f*** it, lol.

But seriously I keep peanuts and raisins around me all day long and munch on those when tempted.

Triple stack of big pancakes smothered in syrup and bacon bits served with scrambled eggs and Jimmy Dean pork link sausages, chase it with a tall fresh OJ and dark coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

Sometimes you just have to say f*** it, lol.

But seriously I keep peanuts and raisins around me all day long and munch on those when tempted.

Milton, this will be my breakfast when I finish my 13 weeks of keto. Maybe put an ice cream scoop on the pancakes? And maybe add chocolate chips to the pancakes as they're cooking?

Milton, this will be my breakfast when I finish my 13 weeks of keto. Maybe put an ice cream scoop on the pancakes? And maybe add chocolate chips to the pancakes as they're cooking?

oh man, now your going deep, I'll see your ice cream scoop, and chocolate chips and raise you a side of large hash browns and a ham and cheese croissant for dessert. :)

I can't even begin to help. SO I will confess I am a sugar freak. I am addicted to sugar. I have Type II diabetes and can control it with some meds and diet. BUT after all these years and you guys know years I just can't stop. :dance2:

I tell you I will go into withdrawals, no take that with a grain of salt. But I gotta have it. Being an Super Ectomorph , as far as weight control no problem. But as far as health I know it's bad. I would probably make better cycle gains if I was to give it up. But I use this old age thing as an excuse, Crap it's my excuse for everything. :(

SO just for grins I confess to all you stronger people than me :)

once in awhile , just drop a carb macro out of one of your meals for a day, and have the 'sweet' to replace it.

eg. don't have oatmeal with your breakfast if you usually do,, then on that day, later on you can have a Twinkie . you won't go over your carbs or calories for the day and you'll get that treat you want .. BUT just don't make a habit of it (you'll begin to lose out on macro nutrients)

Grenade 'Carb Killa' protein bars have a good macro profile for cutting buddy...

I also like the choc chip rice cakes with a spread of cashew butter.

Dieting tip: switch your protein powders to chocolate flavour when cutting to address cravings for real chocolate.

iIFYM it is ok.

This^^^

I have a deadly sweet tooth as well. I know what I can eat for carbs per day so some of those carbs might come from something sweet like ice cream, maybe donuts, ill have a few pieces of candy here and there. But at the end of the day as long as you arent going over your allowance of carbs for the day you will be fine.

Being strict on a diet is great but, were human and a few sweets to satisfy the brain isnt going to make or break anything.

I recently discovered sugar free freeze pops. Thought I would need some due to how much they said my throat would hurt after surgery. Of course, my throat does not actually hurt at all, but I ate the pops anyway.

They are delicious.

Grenade 'Carb Killa' protein bars have a good macro profile for cutting buddy...

I also like the choc chip rice cakes with a spread of cashew butter.

Dieting tip: switch your protein powders to chocolate flavour when cutting to address cravings for real chocolate.

This is all good advice but my issue is I would eat half that jar of nut butter and chocolate chip rice cakes?? Fugettaboutit! I would eat the whole pack.!
I absolutely love almond butter so that means I can't eat it..haha. once I start I can't stop!

I was reading about this and apparently what happens is you release dopamine when u see or think about the snack. And when the dopamine hits Ur system your insulin Lowers also! This is all part of how we are designed to survive from all the way back in the caveman days when it was feast or famine.

ill sometimes have clients buy a favorite candy bar.. and have them eat once piece between each meal.. its for those that cant find the will to stay strict..

we give up about 140-200 calories to chocolate.. but it keeps their calories where it needs to be..

i personally do it when i cut myself to keep my sanity..

for example, im cutting for a fight right now and i eat two pieces of a caramel chocolate bar every day. morning and afternoon..

its literally less than 100 cals.. but keeps me at bay

This is all good advice but my issue is I would eat half that jar of nut butter and chocolate chip rice cakes?? Fugettaboutit! I would eat the whole pack.!
I absolutely love almond butter so that means I can't eat it..haha. once I start I can't stop!

I was reading about this and apparently what happens is you release dopamine when u see or think about the snack. And when the dopamine hits Ur system your insulin Lowers also! This is all part of how we are designed to survive from all the way back in the caveman days when it was feast or famine.
So its safe so say that society as a whole is saturated with dopamine from the abundant advertising everwhere we look, hear, smell etc.

Back