School, Football, & Steroids

Scarz

I am banned!
I may get my nephew to gear up for his football tryouts next yr.

Anyone know how they test individuals at university? I asked him to ask one of the dudes on the team. The reply he got back is that they don't test the team. They only test if they may be suspect of you and they pull you out randomly. The last thing I want to do is get the kid kicked off the team for steroids.

But that gets me thinking...if that's the case then how the hell do these school players get away with using steroids?

Input appreciated.

Politics. My guess is that if you are a top player there are ways around the system.

Id only help him if he is inclined to do them. If you push him into it you are going to hold the burden over your head if he gets kicked off the team or something goes wrong with his cycle.

I think testing is only done with reasonable suspicion. Dont qoute me on that. But Id be willing to bet a good amount that most of the NFL has had encounters with roids and they got to the professional level somehow with out getting dinged for it.

You make good points. Those exact thoughts float my mind. The good part is he won't won't be blowing up to make it really suspicious. He plays runner backand linebacker. I'm going to introduce him to var and low dose prop.

He's 5'11 185lbs (roughly). He doesn't want to exceed over 195 as it might jeopardize his speed. Stregnth and speed with weight maintained between 195lbs-198lbs.

You make good points. Those exact thoughts float my mind. The good part is he won't won't be blowing up to make it really suspicious. He plays runner backand linebacker. I'm going to introduce him to var and low dose prop.

He's 5'11 185lbs (roughly). He doesn't want to exceed over 195 as it might jeopardize his speed. Stregnth and speed with weight maintained between 195lbs-198lbs.

Well if he only wants 10 pounds on his frame dont you think he can do that naturally? Sure gear would speed up the process but is it needed in his case?

I mean i started gear because i want to be as big as i can possibly get myself. If i had just a few pounds to go then i wouldnt bother. Some hard work and eating right could pack that 10 pounds on in no time.

But then again those are both substances that are in and out of your system relatively quick. So he could do it and be done. Though, i have never seen someone just do one cycle and be content.

I guess id just present him the option and let him decide for himself.

where r u getting your information from?
this is going to turn into :argue:

moving forward, i appreciate your input, but i'd like to get back to the topic.

*bump

on the D1 level their are 2 different test. this first if one given by the school at their own discretion whenever and to whomever they want. The athlete is told the day before generally 12-16 hour in advance. They must be there the next day at 6am and if they show at 6:01 it counts as a fail. Sorry rambling.

The 2nd is a computer generated list that comes down from the NCAA and the University informs the student-athlete the same day and the test is given the next day 6am etc. There is a paints below the knees rule while a 'proctor' watches.

Over the course of a college career some people will go without ever being tested, some will not . I went my first 4 yrs without one test and in my last season i was tested 4 times!!!

Speaking from fball the amount of guys on is not as high as one would expect. Those that do are just hoping they dont get tested. The big things are diuretics in most college sports . From friends that i know in the nfl ( a few starters) large amounts of the guys are on GH as opposed to AAS use. Once again not to say that there is not a percentage ( high or small)

I hope this helps

Personally, I wouldn't risk it for 10lbs. I think U need some rest Scarz!! U been up all night or what?

on the D1 level their are 2 different test. this first if one given by the school at their own discretion whenever and to whomever they want. The athlete is told the day before generally 12-16 hour in advance. They must be there the next day at 6am and if they show at 6:01 it counts as a fail. Sorry rambling.

The 2nd is a computer generated list that comes down from the NCAA and the University informs the student-athlete the same day and the test is given the next day 6am etc. There is a paints below the knees rule while a 'proctor' watches.

Over the course of a college career some people will go without ever being tested, some will not . I went my first 4 yrs without one test and in my last season i was tested 4 times!!!

Speaking from fball the amount of guys on is not as high as one would expect. Those that do are just hoping they dont get tested. The big things are diuretics in most college sports . From friends that i know in the nfl ( a few starters) large amounts of the guys are on GH as opposed to AAS use. Once again not to say that there is not a percentage ( high or small)

I hope this helps

thnx for the insight. very helpful.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it for 10lbs. I think U need some rest Scarz!! U been up all night or what?

yeh the prob is i'm 100% sure he's going to juice up regardless anyway. better with my supervision if he does. it's the other way around. i'm more for his football, he's more for juicing up. oh, and i don't sleep much these days.

thnx for the insight. very helpful.

yeh the prob is i'm 100% sure he's going to juice up regardless anyway. better with my supervision if he does. it's the other way around. i'm more for his football, he's more for juicing up. oh, and i don't sleep much these days.

Well make sure that when if he makes the team he will have to sit through a compliance meeting where he will spend 2-3 hours reading and signing paperwork , of which one document gives the school , at their discretion to release any failed drug test to the media and public.

WOW ...Really ? Public disclosure? I m not doubting you brotha..Just did not know it had come to that...

The school has the discretion . Often times they cite it as violation of team rules. When they do release it they often do not release what they tested positive. The standards may have changed , I will go buy the Uni today and talk to the compliance director who is a friend and find out for sure

The school has the discretion . Often times they cite it as violation of team rules. When they do release it they often do not release what they tested positive. The standards may have changed , I will go buy the Uni today and talk to the compliance director who is a friend and find out for sure

:yesway::yesway: :yesway::yesway:

somewhat recent changes

"b. To accept the consequences of a positive drug test;

c. To allow my drug-test sample to be used by the NCAA drug-testing laboratories for
research purposes to improve drug-testing detection; and

d. To allow disclosure of my drug-testing results only for purposes related to eligibility
for participation in NCAA competition. "

Tests are only given during the season as far as I know.

If anyone was going to do a cycle it should be during spring training and conditioning. No one will assume anything considering they're doing 2 a days with practice in between. If he's going d2 or d3 I wouldn't even worry about it at all. They don't test in D3 until the end of their season.

great info fellas :yesway:

it's a top notch university so im sure it's d1. i also think the option here would be to run moderate cycles in the off season.

i know boys who have run anadrol at 100mg for 4 weeks in the offseason and its out their systems before its time to be tested, so im sure aslong as he works out the timing that he will not be caught by the tests.

Back