Schredders summer training journal

See this is what I don't get... why do you feel the need to treat the gym like a battleground, while you're going around lifting your light weights for 5 min long sets?
My training partner is an absolute monster, he does textbook side laterals with 30kg dumbells, when he wants to he benches 220kg for reps without breaking sweat, he squats for fun, and a lot of weight at that, he listens to hardcore metal and he could kill me with one hand... BUT, and this is the important bit that you just don't seem to get. He is an absolute gentleman. He has perfect gym etiquette, he helps people, he spots people, he doesn't walk round the gym like a total moron.
Oh, I totally get that you need to get 'up' for a workout, and attack shit with purpose - but why you have to cross that whole line of not caring what other gym members think, or the fact that you are putting them off their workouts with your creepy mannerisms, that I don't get.
I was always raised that it costs nothing to be nice, and that includes in the gym when I'm getting my gains.

You wouldn't last 5mins in my gym - and that's a fact. We wouldn't tolerate you.

Sorry Schredder for ranting on your thread - but I had to say this. :(

No need to be sorry brother.

why do you feel the need to treat the gym like a battleground, while you're going around lifting your light weights for 5 min long sets?
You wouldn't last 5mins in my gym - and that's a fact. We wouldn't tolerate you. :(

I would never walk into your UK gym and act like I do in my US gym. I know how to act in other gyms and have never been asked to leave one. Like I said I change up my routine I'm not always lifting light weight super sets for five minutes. I'm not at a golds gym its more like Branch Warrens gym if you've ever seen generation iron. Concrete floors spray paint lifting chalk standard barbell brand weights broken mirrors here and there. It sounds like you know pretty much everyone in your gym Ben judging by the "we wouldn't tolerate you" comment. Guess what I know pretty much everyone in my gym too and if you came in my gym and started acting like we were bothering you with the grunting and going ballistic you wouldn't last 5 minutes. They might say grab your gym bag full of fancy briefs go outside shake your head and kick rocks. I personally wouldn't give a shit If you were irritated because like I said I don't care about anybody or anything accept me myself and my mission and my mission is to train hard like a beast.

View attachment 562340

Ok, now that thats outta the way. Lets get back to what this thread is intended for. Conversing among others with the intent of providing information thats going to help people advance in their training. The purpose of this is to help people.

Back in action this morning for some back and tricep work. Felt a lil burned out to be honest but I have a couple days off in a row after this one so I hammered through it.

WG cable pulldowns 4 sets with a drop on last set
CG machine pullups 4 sets
Rack pulls 3 sets
One arm cable rows superset with cable pullovers 3 sets of each, no rest between sets
Life fitness row 3 sets, used a wide grip elbows out to hit the rhomboids

Rope pushdowns 4 sets
Single arm overhead DB extensions 3 sets
Machine dips 3 sets

Nothing fancy today, just one of those days I couldn't really get into it but of course I still went as hard as I could. Two days rest upon me now, so time for good food and some growth.

I had a trainer/asst manager at a gym in Everett WA introduce me into partial reps at the weak point in a movement. For example, the wide drip pull down. I'm much stronger pulling the weight down from top position to 3/4 way down. Then it gets tougher. The guy had me drop the weight in half and just do the last 1/4 rep, squeezing the shoulder blades together.

This theory seemed to work on other exercises as well. Instead of using momentum to power through the weaker sections of the rep, drop the weight and work just that section that's more difficult. Worth a try bro, although I wouldn't be surprised if you've already tried something similar

I had a trainer/asst manager at a gym in Everett WA introduce me into partial reps at the weak point in a movement. For example, the wide drip pull down. I'm much stronger pulling the weight down from top position to 3/4 way down. Then it gets tougher. The guy had me drop the weight in half and just do the last 1/4 rep, squeezing the shoulder blades together.

This theory seemed to work on other exercises as well. Instead of using momentum to power through the weaker sections of the rep, drop the weight and work just that section that's more difficult. Worth a try bro, although I wouldn't be surprised if you've already tried something similar

Actually Im glad you brought this up. I do partial reps, but not near as often as I should. But now that's you've mentioned it Im going to start utilizing them more often. Ive seen different strength coaches use this technique to brings guys' bench press up. Now although Ive seen this work, for bodybuilding purposes I think it would be smarter and A LOT safer to stick to machines, such as a cable pulldown like you said, no free bar squats, or free bar bench or anything like that.

Hit some arms yesterday

Standing double arm cable curls 4 sets drop on last set
Single arm underhand cable pushdowns 4 sets drop on last set
Close grip BB curls 4 sets
Double arm overhead DB extension 4 sets
Concentration curls 4 sets
Cable kickbacks 4 sets

Calfs on leg press 4 sets quad drop on last set

Went back amd forth from bis to tris which I do from time to time to give a little extra rest to each muscle group between exercises so I could push a little more weight. Worked well. I dont have too many arm days, but they are fun.

Haha, I've been bulking hard and working on my bench. I'm competing in powerlifting again. Just missed a 600lb bench with a Metal catapult in training tonight, hoping to smash a 660lb shirted bench come October. Weighing 268lbs at the moment. A little more mud than I'd like but more size, more fluid, more cellular leverage - you know the drill. If I can get my strength up I will change the drugs and omit the carbs keeping them around training and that should bring the body fat down to sexy. Still only 16% or so now... but definitely no SHREDDER!

I think I got sick of seeing the same shit over and over again here. I reckon when you sign up to 'Ology, one of the questions should stipulate if and how many times you were dropped at birth.

That weight is nothing to frown at man!! Nice work! Man, my body fat is rising slightly as well as Im in a bulk, lots of carbs and lots of cals. Gonna finish this up and straight into a cut to get back to Schredder status as well lol! Wont be too hard, if i drop carbs i can lean out very fast. Glad to see your still goin hard.

Hit shoulder again last night.

Smith military press 4 set drop on last set
Straight bar cable front raises 3 sets
DB side laterals 3 sets triple drop on last set
Upright rows 3 sets
Reverse pec deck 3 sets drop on last set
Face pulls super set with bent over reverse DB flys 3 sets each
BB shrugs 4 sets triple drop on last set.

Stregth is climbing nice and steady.

And I gotta say the Test/Deca/Mast combo beats out Test/Tren/Mast for bulking hands down! The fullness and roundness from the Deca is unreal. First time using AMLs Deca and im impressed, as I knew I would be. Not PIP whatsoever from either of the three compounds. Still a ways to go yet before I dice up a bit.

Not sure what I want to run at that point yet, was gonna run some Ace post Deca but decided against that. Maybe just Test and Mast or possibly adding in some Var. We will see.

Legs is up next.

Legs last night. Kept volume pretty low but the weight heavy.

Hack squats 4 sets worked up to 4 playes a side on last set for 5 reps right into 3 a side for 5, 2 a side for 5, 1 a side for 5.
Leg ext. 4 sets 8 reps each worked up to full stack

BB SLDL 4 sets 8 reps each worked up to 225
Lying leg curls 4 sets 8 reps each worked up to 140

Seated calf raise 4 rest pause sets 12 reps each working up to 4 plates last set was a triple drop rest pause on each.

Gonna rest up today then in for some back tomorrow.

Hit shoulder again last night.

Smith military press 4 set drop on last set
Straight bar cable front raises 3 sets
DB side laterals 3 sets triple drop on last set
Upright rows 3 sets
Reverse pec deck 3 sets drop on last set
Face pulls super set with bent over reverse DB flys 3 sets each
BB shrugs 4 sets triple drop on last set.

Stregth is climbing nice and steady.

And I gotta say the Test/Deca/Mast combo beats out Test/Tren/Mast for bulking hands down! The fullness and roundness from the Deca is unreal. First time using AMLs Deca and im impressed, as I knew I would be. Not PIP whatsoever from either of the three compounds. Still a ways to go yet before I dice up a bit.

Not sure what I want to run at that point yet, was gonna run some Ace post Deca but decided against that. Maybe just Test and Mast or possibly adding in some Var. We will see.

Legs is up next.

You know my thoughts on Mast buddy... Running it with everything from now on! :)

Back