Seeking diet help desperately

MANOWAR

Whats up guys. I've spent the last 6 weeks roughly not really taking the gym seriously, and I've basically been eating Taco Bell and Burger King everyday. I don't feel any fatter at all, except for minor chest fat I've gained, cuz everything seems to make its way to my tits.
Other than that, I haven't gained much fat, and I don't feel any weaker.

But I'm sick of being unhealthy, and starting next Monday, I want to change things around.

My goal is...
LOOSE AS MUCH FAT AS I CAN WHILE BUILDING MUSCLE AND KEEPING MY LIFTS UP
I want to insure optiumum fat loss results, but at the same time not erode away my muscles and drop my lifts. I follow a regular powerlifting routine, usually 2-3 workouts per week.

First things first, I have set up a diet as follows:
LIFTING DAYS
Meal 1: Cheese omelette, some peanut butter
Meal 2: Cheese burger (school food)
Meal 3: Chicken sandwich (school food) and a shake with some olive oil
Meal 4: Pre workout - 100-150 grams carbs (oatmeal, carb loaded shake, etc)
Meal 5: Post workout - baked or grilled chicken & protein shake
Meal 6: Dinner, beaf burger or hot dogs
Is this a good diet to follow? I don't know much about proper diets, so any help is appreciated.
Also, for my pre workout meal, can I have junk carbs, like soda and ice cream and stuff?

NON LIFTING DAYS
Meal 1: Cheese omelette, some peanut butter
Meal 2: Cheese burger (school food)
Meal 3: Chicken sandwich (school food) and a shake with some olive oil
Meal 4: Baked or grilled chicken
Meal 5: Protein shake
Meal 6: Dinner, beaf burger or hot dogs
I'm thinking of adding a salad in somewhere. Do you think meal 2 or 3 should be replaced with a salad and some chicken?

WEEKENDS
Meal 1: Cheese omelette, sausage links, peanut butter
Meal 2: Chinese (work food) - chicken n garlic sauce with brown rice (small amount)
Meal 3: Chinese (work food) - chicken n garlic sauce with brown rice (small amount)
Meal 4: Chinese (work food) - chicken n garlic sauce with brown rice (small amount)
Meal 5: Protein shake
Meal 6: Cheat meal, go out somewhere nice and eat anything

Again I don't know much about dieting so bare with me.

I will be starting Lipo 6. I'll take 2 pills in the morning on an empty stomach with some green tea, and walk 10-20 minutes.
I will take another 2 mills sometime in the afternoon, and have a cup of green tea post workout.

Thanks in advance for the help, I am desperately seeking advice. :baby:

why so much cheese??

cut cheese,

junk food cheat day once a week.

cottage cheese before bed possibly with micellar protein shake

chicken, tuna, oatmeal, turkey, veggies, oatmeal, lean ground beef. etc...

Okay thanks man. I always though that fat instead of carbs was okay, thats why I was trying to replace some of the meals with fats like cheese. So I'll cut out the cheese, I just don't know when the best time for carbs are, and whens the best time to have protein and fats.

I have to be practical with the cheat meals, so I'll have to start out with 2, maybe even 3 a week. If I don't take big steps I probably won't be able to handle it.

I'll add in some cottage cheese to my dinner. Thanks for the help musclehouse

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
Okay thanks man. I always though that fat instead of carbs was okay, thats why I was trying to replace some of the meals with fats like cheese. So I'll cut out the cheese, I just don't know when the best time for carbs are, and whens the best time to have protein and fats.

I have to be practical with the cheat meals, so I'll have to start out with 2, maybe even 3 a week. If I don't take big steps I probably won't be able to handle it.

I'll add in some cottage cheese to my dinner. Thanks for the help musclehouse

NP>

Best time for carbs is PWO... I take in about 70 grams PWO with 40-50 grams of protein.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
What would you suggest
Clean up your diet, more real foods, fresh vegetables, non-processed foods. Cook about 7 full meals on Sunday, put them in plastic freezer bags and heat them up throughout the week. The only reason to ever eat fast food is for its convenience, it actually tastes like shit, is too full of salt and sugar and is a waste of money.

the hotdogs and burgers work if you're on a 30g of carbs or less a day diet, with no cheat days.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Hot dogs and school food and chinese food do not equal losing the most fat possible.
I was thinking the same thing ive never eaten a cheese burger when trying to loose weight. My suggestion is to pack lunch, you can make some chicken or tuna sandwhiches or anything that you dont buy at fast food restaraunts/school, and cut out the chinese food. Damn its even more complicated then this though i mean how nmany calories are you taking in waht are your maintence calories, whats your protien/carbs/fats break down.

Calories, no idea, I can't count because theres too much to put in (i.e. If I have eggs, I need to count the calories of each egg, minus the yolks, plus the butter I use on the pan, etc)
Protein/Carbs/Fats breakdown, no idea. Slowly learning what all this means.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Things I learned:
-Fats are okay if carbs are minimal - I can't do this so it's out of the picture
-Cut the fat out
-Stick with veggies and fresh food

Thanks again for all the help. How does this new diet look?

Morning - Green Tea & Lipo 6 - then 20 minute slow walk to wake me up

Meal 1 - Breakfast - Carbs fat & protein
-Grapefruit or yam
-1 whole egg, 1 white

Meal 2 - School - Carbs & protein
-Lettuce & chicken salad (home made)

Meal 3 - School - Carbs & protein
-Chicken wrap made by school (never tried these before, but they have pre made wraps, don't know how healthy or unhealthy they are but I'll try it out for a little)

Meal 4 - School - Fat & protein
-ON protein shake w/ olive oil (home made)

Meal 5 - Pre workout
-Plain oatmeal with water or plain brown rice

Meal 6 - Post workout
-Sugared oatmeal (Quakers brand Maple & Brown sugar) with milk??
-ON protein shake

Meal 7 - Dinner
-Perdue chicken
-Broccoli or some veggies

Meal 8 - Before bed
-Cottage cheese

Last edited:
Tafman said:
count the calories man, every extra 3500 calories per day is one more pound on your gut.
not 3500 per day...just 3500 over any amount of time.

as for the counting eggs part...egg whites are 3 protein, whole eggs are 6g protein, 5g fat. Not too hard.

Back