self concious

ricky

before i started training withen reason i never really paid attention or really cared what i looked like, as long as i had some nice clowths and could afford to go on the piss i was happy. 4years ago i started training gave up drink and alot of social life to be where i am today
I now find however good or big my friends tell me i look i can find fault and depress myself about the way ilook.When ulook at the average joe it should fill me with confidence but i am now so self concious about my appearance
I am just curious to see if any1else feels they are mentaly more unsatisfied and self concious after they started training?
also do you think this problem worsens after the use of steroids

i here ya, i was around 155-160lbs last year, gained alot of weight, and im still not satisfied with myself at all... its something you have to deal with, just keep doing what your doing and maybe one day you'll look in the mirror and feel comfortable with yourself

wot i just dont understand is how i can be a chubby 165 and happy and now im a lean 215 at 5,10 and i just piss my self of when i look in the mirror the mind is one messed up place

I'm 5'7, 215, 10% bf and am still not satisfied. It's just some of us have bigger dreams and goals, he he. I'll be happy when I'm 235 with 6% bf. Till then, what can we do besides train hard, eat right and get plenty of sleep. It's just a matter of being patient.

good stats espiecially for your hieght and fat,by the time you hit 235 no doubt ull wana be 250 ha ha

nature of the game, you are never satisfied. when you hit your goal on the weights, the next thing you do is set a higher goal. when you hit your ideal weight, you want to add 10lbs. of muscle to it. a person that works out never feels like the gains are enough.

That's true, but you also gotta remember that as you get bigger, it becomes harder and harder to put on more muscle even if your using huge amounts of AAS. I'll be more than happy if I can reach my goal of 235 with 6%bf.

Yea i keep getting greedier w my appearance as well. I still see myself as that 145 lb kid. When im on cycle im and have a sick pump im slightly satisfied other than that im never happy.

ricky said:
before i started training withen reason i never really paid attention or really cared what i looked like, as long as i had some nice clowths and could afford to go on the piss i was happy. 4years ago i started training gave up drink and alot of social life to be where i am today
I now find however good or big my friends tell me i look i can find fault and depress myself about the way ilook.When ulook at the average joe it should fill me with confidence but i am now so self concious about my appearance
I am just curious to see if any1else feels they are mentaly more unsatisfied and self concious after they started training?
also do you think this problem worsens after the use of steroids

Its harder to become sufficiently satisfied when the gains come easier if you are not in the right frame of mind.

True dat, but c'mon guys. We all can't be 300 pound monsters like ronnie coleman although a lot of us wish we could become that big. I'll take my 235 thank you very much.

it comes with lifting.. i was the same way. then i started lifting, and now i am never satified, maybe someday i will be, maybe not.. we cant keep a good body forever, so i try to keep one while i am young and i still can

jph said:
nature of the game, you are never satisfied. when you hit your goal on the weights, the next thing you do is set a higher goal. when you hit your ideal weight, you want to add 10lbs. of muscle to it. a person that works out never feels like the gains are enough.
I agree...if we were the satisfied type people would we be where we are today? Probably not, we'd join in on America's obesity plague (or at least thats where I would be).

I recently went from 170 to 210 and still growing off my recent cycle and still feel smaller than when I started. Obviously my size has gone way up but I still see myself at 170 with skinny arms. It's better to not be satisfied with your size than become complacent and lazy.

your focussed on your body every day for years on end....what do I eat, how much did I gain, what do I need to focus on, what weight did I lift, how many reps...etc. etc. Its only natural that your mind gets somewhat "obsessed" with the way you look and feel....and when you made your gains you will get used to them and you will not remember the gain...just the way it is right now...

A friend of mine used a funny term for it: "BB opposed anorexia"....never being able to be satisfied...

"Ambition is so powerful a passion in the human breast, that no matter how high we achieve, we are never satisfied."

Cover up for one month. Stop looking at yourself constantly. "A Watched pot doesnt boil."

I agree though. I was more satisfied with my body/not obsessed with my size before I started working out. Now, even though you may have a "body to die for" you still feel like you are not good enough to approach a girl until you gain JUST 5 MORE pounds...Wait until you lose everything. It is ten times worse. It is like you stretch your esteem so far one way, it snaps back in the negative later when you lose it.

WannaBe said:
Cover up for one month. Stop looking at yourself constantly. "A Watched pot doesnt boil."

I agree though. I was more satisfied with my body/not obsessed with my size before I started working out. Now, even though you may have a "body to die for" you still feel like you are not good enough to approach a girl until you gain JUST 5 MORE pounds...Wait until you lose everything. It is ten times worse. It is like you stretch your esteem so far one way, it snaps back in the negative later when you lose it.

tho whole girl thing fuks my head up as well i feel inadiquit to chat to girls,And i no a majority of girls dont like muscular men but ifshe turns me down i just wana hit the gym harder cos i tell myself its cos im not big enough

Back