Should I take an AI during cycle or not?

SoNastyInc

Hey guys, I'm starting my first cycle (test e and dbol) in about two weeks time, and I keep hearing different opinions on whether or not one should take an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or SERM during cycle.

I want to make sure I have everything on hand before I do this, currently I have 40 caps of 40mg Nolva and 40 caps of 1.5mg letro on hand from my osterine cycle, I knew I wouldn't need them but I ordered them anyway (better safe than sorry). Now somebody told me that I should ditch my nolva and letro for clomid and adex or aromasin, what's your opinion on that? And should I take adex or aromasin during cycle?

My stats: 31, 5'9, 183lb, 10% bf.

Here's my plan:
- Test E 300mg every 4 days, 6000mg over 20 pins, equivalent to 525mg / week for a little over 11 weeks. (My test e comes in 300mg/ml so that would be easier for me to dose)
- DBol 20mg ED for first 25 days (I'm getting 100 tabs of 10mg, so I'm taking 50 tabs this time and saving the other 50 for the next cycle)
- Milk Thistle ED for the first month
- Maybe an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) during cycle?

PCT 12 - 14 days after last pin:
- Nolva 40/40/20/20mg (or should I get some clomid?)
- Or should I use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) post cycle in conjunction with my SERM?
- Maybe some natural test boosters to kick start my test production again?

Thanks guys.

I would use aromasin or adex on cycle. Some choose to wait to use it if sides appear. I prefer to run it throughout cycle. Letro is very strong and is not usually used on cycle. Nolva for PCT is good but if you can throw in clomid with it at 50/50/50/50. Also, 20mg of dbol will not do you much. I would do 40mg a day spread throughout the day. If you insist on 20mg just take it preworkout as a little workout boost but thats about all you will get out of it. If you choose the aromasin you can run it through PCT or stop at post cycle therapy (pct). Its up to you. HCGenerate during PCT would give you a nice little boost as well. Aromasin doses at 12.5ed, adex is generally .5eod.

Last edited:
In short, yes. why chance gyno when you dont have to. i think people who run cycles with out them are completely fucked in the head

Adex 0.5 EOD through the cycle and the 4 week pct

Nolva 40 40 20 20
Clomid 50 50 50 50

from memory you were running ethernate, start pct 2 weeks after last pin. only use the letro if you start getting gyno

Also in your pct superdose some zinc and magnesium. ive noticed an increase in test levels in a couple of weeks just from doing that alone

In short, yes. why chance gyno when you dont have to. i think people who run cycles with out them are completely fucked in the head

Adex 0.5 EOD through the cycle and the 4 week pct

Nolva 40 40 20 20
Clomid 50 50 50 50

from memory you were running ethernate, start pct 2 weeks after last pin. only use the letro if you start getting gyno

So do I need both Nolva and Clomid? If I use both, shouldn't I divide those dosages in half? I'll probably leave out the letro then, if I use nolva in my PCT then I shouldn't really need it, right?

That's weird, I replied to MeatHead96 as well but it said my post would need to be approved by a moderator.

I've read that running adex when I'm on dbol would prevent water retention and thus take away some of my strength gains. Is that true? If so, can I start taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) after I get off my Dbol? Thanks guys.

your playing with fire not running adex whilst on dbol, its been known to give people gyno. i would run it through your dbol and if you dont i personally think your crazy. why risk gyno for some strength, makes no sense.

and for pct you should run both at exactly those doses i gave you each day

only use the letro if everything has failed and your getting gyno.

also run the arimidex at the 0.5 EOD through the 4 week post cycle therapy (pct). so you will be taking 3 compounds for post cycle therapy (pct). recovery is the most important thing here

I like to see people try out their first cycle with their stuff on hand and use blood tests to see if they need to incorporate the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on cycle or not. Gyno has become so over hyped. Learn if you really need the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with your test. My opinion anyway.

Never take anything you don't need. Some guys don't get gyno but bloat up bad. I don't bloat but get bad nips.

Always, have AI's on hand and ready to go for a complete cycle even if you've had 10 cycles without using AI's....have them on hand anyway!

your playing with fire not running adex whilst on dbol, its been known to give people gyno. i would run it through your dbol and if you dont i personally think your crazy. why risk gyno for some strength, makes no sense.

and for pct you should run both at exactly those doses i gave you each day

im just curious is that true though? will it give you less strength gains? just hate when people answer only one part of the question and like i said im curious if it really does or not

Never take anything you don't need. Some guys don't get gyno but bloat up bad. I don't bloat but get bad nips.

Always, have AI's on hand and ready to go for a complete cycle even if you've had 10 cycles without using AI's....have them on hand anyway!

So should I run adex from day 1 until my PCT finishes or should I only run it when my nipples start to itch?

That is a decision you have to make yourself. Half of the people will say all the way, half of them will say only if you need it. That is how this game works, there is not one set of rules that will apply to all of the people, all of the time. It all depends on how your body handles your cycle. For myself, leaving the dbol out for this time seems like the smartest choice, and only using the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if you need it. Also getting a hormone panel for 50 bucks before, during, and after cycle to see where your values are out, how much you are really converting into estrogen, all of that stuff.

Many people start to bloat and assume it is E2, when really it is their diet. Many people play with their nipples all the time trying to see if they are tender, until they make them tender by playing with them, then they assume gyno. Gyno is over hyped. Most people have no clue what it is or how much to really worry or not worry about it.

Part of this is research, part of this is preparation, part of this is execution, and part of it is learning through analysis and adapting your methods. Everything you do in each cycle should help you dial in your next one better. If it isn't, then you are doing something wrong somewhere.

im just curious is that true though? will it give you less strength gains? just hate when people answer only one part of the question and like i said im curious if it really does or not

Well if it takes away water it probably will take away some strength you can put 2 and 2 together. but i would never risk it. up to you

Well if it takes away water it probably will take away some strength you can put 2 and 2 together. but i would never risk it. up to you

gotcha ya i wasnt 100% sure so figured id ask someone with a for sure answer just to make sure,that sucks :/ cause of course everyone wants the best gains lol

You have to have some estrogen. Most people who have been at this a while like to be somewhere between 20-30 even on cycle for their E2. This keeps things in check but shouldn't be ruining your gains.

Question do I find most A I. Ware I by my stuff or do I look eslware for it .. My sorce dos not carry a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) only. Clomid And. Nova... I think I would like to run a Aromatase inhibitor (AI). With my cycle already on two weeks . Not my first time . Don plenty in the past never used an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or pct for that matter .. I wish I had ... So if my nips get a lil sore it's important to run Aromatase inhibitor (AI) correct or can I get away not running it as I have in the past and never really hade a problem . .?

Question do I find most A I. Ware I by my stuff or do I look eslware for it .. My sorce dos not carry a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) only. Clomid And. Nova... I think I would like to run a Aromatase inhibitor (AI). With my cycle already on two weeks . Not my first time . Don plenty in the past never used an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or pct for that matter .. I wish I had ... So if my nips get a lil sore it's important to run Aromatase inhibitor (AI) correct or can I get away not running it as I have in the past and never really hade a problem . .?

LiquiDex 30mL 1mg/mL

K I'm going to have my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on hand in five days or so . Nipples are sore but not to bad . This is my fith week on sus . On the above sight for Aromatase inhibitor (AI). There is only three .. Leto or liqudex .. Witch one is better .. I've cycled plenty before my nips always got sensitive but I never got tits . I'm thinking Leto may be to strong . For someone that doesn't get tits .. Just want the soreness to go away . I am turning 40 don't know if gyno can get worse with age ... I am over weight as well for the first time that's why I'm a little concerned ..

Ok Letro is on the way .. Nipples are sore today and puffy .. How much nova should I take mean wile .. I took started yesterday at twenty mg and today 20 . To see if I got sides or a reaction .. No reaction so should I bump it up to 40 a day .. Also I started d Bol 2 days ago it's my fifth week runing sus .. I've only takin a few d Bol plls should I stop . I'm thinking yes at least till gyno symptoms get better ? Help .

Back