Shoulder still fucked! 5-6 weeks now!

spiderpig

I'm not a bodybuilder!
I have really been laying of the pressing for the last 5 week, my shoulder is still rather sore. I'm going to take a full week off next week from friday, I have only been doing very light weights and doing partial reps, but today i tried going heavy, only did 1 rep and i felt the pain so i quit immediately.

I'n this week off is there anything I can do to speed up the recovery progress?

Try some accupunture the medical type.They put needles in with electrodes which send electric current right into the injury,I fell skiing and couldn't lift my arm went for one treatment and been off upper body for week but am going today and feels fine will now once I go.So try it it feels pretty freaky but seemed to help good luck man

Get a cortisone shot. that will give you a couple months then go get MRI. Could be just acromial hook or rotator cuff. you prob need surgery. I injured my shoulder and finally the pain was so bad, the ortho said I had a hole in my rotator cuff and torn bicep where it meets the shoulder. took over 1.5 years to fully recover and I can still feel residual pain from it. no fun.

Get a cortisone shot. that will give you a couple months then go get MRI.
Best advice you could have gotten right there, bro. I've hurt my shoulder about 5 times in my life (bad, but never needed surgery), and each time it took OVER 2 months to heal. The last time was this year and after 5weeks, I went in and got a cortisone injection... then DID NOTHING with it for a full 3 weeks after. AND I MEAN NOT EVEN PICK UP WEIGHTS TO LOAD A BAR. I didn't even do squats so I would n't have to reach back and hold the bar.
Only then did it heal.
Now... I won't even lift weights on my upper body without doing rotatory cuff warm ups.

Back