Shutdown from Anavar!!!...Please Help!!!

For me as long as my willy is working and i feel like fucking every chick that walks by and i keep putting on size i dont give two shits about my test levels. why would you care about your test besides those two things. lol. I love my juice.

MENTZER said:
Let me see your skinny ass too.

Check out the pics in my cycle log. I believe you are probably a big motherfucker, and a genetic freak from the sound of things. I also believe very large guys are perfectly capable of dispensing bad information. And if you post a pic post it full size.

There you go brother, i hate putting up pics but there so that you know i am not speaking out of my ass.

mranak said:
Please give as much detail as possible as this is very helpful information for the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) community.

How long were those Oxandrolone cycles? What was the dosage and how often? How long after the last cycle did you get tested?

The more detail the better. And the information is very much apprecaited.

BTW: Your physician could easily loose his medical license and even go to jail for prescribing you Oxandrolone for muscle-building reasons to a man such as yourself (that is, lack of a wasting disease).

As for what you should do.....well, the details from above will help to determien the best course for you to take.

Alright everyone thanks for your input. Sorry if my post has suddenly turned into the octagon were everyone can get into it. Mentzer...you were right about my old post...I did one cycle of Deca close to 17 years ago in college but I kinda consider that like never doing a cycle at all. I left it out becouse I know it really hasn't affected my test levels during my recent bloodwork. To anser some of your questions Mentzer and Mranak....the first oxandrolone cycle was 8 weeks long. (right around Sept, Oct) 20-25 mg's ED. I gained about 6 pounds of quality muscle...very strong...very hard...vascular....all positive results. I was off for about 3 months and then did another 5 week cycle 20mg's. ed. Put on about 2 more pounds and also some hardness and vascularity. My Doc has some experience with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and...like a lot of people on this board...felt that what I was taking was 1) a very mile drug and 2) a very mild dose. In his experience he has never seen the need for post cycle therapy (pct) with this low dosage of Anavar. He is just as surprised as everyone else in this board and feels very badly about taking my natural test from about 800 to under 300!!!! The last test that revealed my low levels was just at the end of my last cycle which ended around a month ago...so I was in fact "on" at the time of the test. The problem is that I don't know which cycle actually put me in the toilet. Could have been there for a while...could have been this last one...not sure.

As far as how I feel it's pretty much the same. Libido hasn't been great for years but that's nothing new...37 years old and a long term girlfriend will generally do that on its own. I haven't noticed significant loss of muscle.
Also...mentzer...I really dont think he screwed up my labs...that was the first thing I asked him and he verified that other reading are in line with the previous test.

I am going to run the post cycle therapy (pct) that he gave me with the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and let you guys know what the deal is. He already scheduled me to do labs in a month to se where I'm at. I will post my results. I am still confused about the Prop/test that he gave me. It is an extremely low dose 100/mg every week or so. When I asked hime about it he said that in order to kickstart my balls it helps to supplement some test in the process. Kind of like greasing he machine before it runs. I wanted to run it by you guys to see what you think. Also...so the 1 mL every day for the first 10 days is too much for the HCG??? Keep in mind, He is trying to kickstart me. Thanks again.

Peace.

newdude2005 said:
The last test that revealed my low levels was just at the end of my last cycle which ended around a month ago...so I was in fact "on" at the time of the test.
Ah! Well then, this is to be expected. Oxandrolone is somewhat suppressive, but not a whole lot. I expect that you serum testosterone levels are already much higher than they were.

newdude2005 said:
I am going to run the post cycle therapy (pct) that he gave me with the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and let you guys know what the deal is. He already scheduled me to do labs in a month to se where I'm at. I will post my results. I am still confused about the Prop/test that he gave me. It is an extremely low dose 100/mg every week or so. When I asked hime about it he said that in order to kickstart my balls it helps to supplement some test in the process. Kind of like greasing he machine before it runs. I wanted to run it by you guys to see what you think. Also...so the 1 mL every day for the first 10 days is too much for the HCG??? Keep in mind, He is trying to kickstart me. Thanks again.
Your balls have been producing testosterone and I see little reason to run the hCG. It _might_ even be counter productive.

Using testosterone propioante weekly when you are trying to recover is just completely wrong. Period.

I don't like to advice people to not listen to their physicians, so I won't say that and instead I'll say, "get a second opinion." I have no doubt that the next physician will reject that ass backwards recovery protocol.

You may already be recovered, but get a SERM to make sure.

Whatever you decide, goodluck!

My advice bro you will be fine. Trust me anavar is very mild ITS THE MILDEST STEROID ON THE PLANET IMO. Just keep lifting and include some kind of cardio a few times a week. You wanna get your test levels as best as you can then start running, eat right and do a shit load of compound movements and i think you will bounce back in a few months maybe not where you were but definately the best you can possibly be. I really like to emphasize on diet and exercise more than anything else. I no none of us really enjoy doing cardio but TBH its the best thing we can do to our bodies. Also try some supps like tribex and zmass pm. Zmass pm is the best zma IMO

Last edited:
mranak said:
Ah! Well then, this is to be expected. Oxandrolone is somewhat suppressive, but not a whole lot. I expect that you serum testosterone levels are already much higher than they were.

Your balls have been producing testosterone and I see little reason to run the hCG. It _might_ even be counter productive.

Using testosterone propioante weekly when you are trying to recover is just completely wrong. Period.

I don't like to advice people to not listen to their physicians, so I won't say that and instead I'll say, "get a second opinion." I have no doubt that the next physician will reject that ass backwards recovery protocol.

You may already be recovered, but get a SERM to make sure.

Whatever you decide, goodluck!

Mranak...thanks man, you are right...I hate to go against my Doc's rec but I will get a 2nd opinion. Will it kill me to run the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and prop??? I have the stuff so.......

also mentzer...when I got my test checked a year ago (high 700's) I was doing a shitload of cardio. Do you think that this skewed the relults??? Thanks for your input guys.

mranak said:
I don't like to advice people to not listen to their physicians, so I won't say that and instead I'll say, "get a second opinion."

I'll say it. Your physician is a fuck don't listen to him. Also sorry for hijacking your thread with an argument from another one.

And Mentzer I can't see your pic.

Too late bro i deleted it, i dont like leaving pics around, may be next time, i saw your pics you look like you put your time in the game so keep it up.
Newdude i have read several times that running specially raises testosterone and other hormones. I have also tried it for myself and i beleive that it does, i wake up with a woody everytime i run not to mention that i feel absolutely great after every cardio session. I would reccomend you to hit that treadmill 3 times a week for 30 minutes with moderate intensity. good luck. You wanna live longer then do cardio.

newdude2005 said:
Mranak...thanks man, you are right...I hate to go against my Doc's rec but I will get a 2nd opinion. Will it kill me to run the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and prop??? I have the stuff so.......

also mentzer...when I got my test checked a year ago (high 700's) I was doing a shitload of cardio. Do you think that this skewed the relults??? Thanks for your input guys.
A 100mg testosterone propionate injection will suppress the HPTA. Your pituitary will stop outputting LH. That is the opposite of recovery; it is suppression. I'm 100% certain that testosterone propionate will hinder recovery.

If you do use the hCG then only use 500iu/day. Right around the time you finish using the hCG, you should start using a SERM class drug (that is, a proven post cycle therapy (pct) drug). You can get it online from a research company.

Of course, it is possible that you are already recovered which makes all of this moot.

What I recommend is skip the hCG, take a SERM drug just in case, and 4 or more weeks after finishing the SERM drug, get another blood test. But if you really want to use the hCG, then just use 500iu/day prior to post cycle therapy (pct) (SERM) or overlap the two a bit.

This is from british dragon's website

Product Desription:
Testosterone propionate is a male sexual hormone with pronounced, mainly androgenic action, possessing the biological and therapeutic properties of the natural hormone. In a healthy male organism, androgens are formed by the testes and adrenal cortex. It is normally produced in women in small physiological quantities. In addition to the specific action that determines the sexual characteristics of the individual, it also has a general anabolic action, manifested in enhancement of protein synthesis. Under the effect of testosterone, body weight increases and urea excretion is reduced. High doses suppress the production of hypophyseal gonadotropin, while low doses stimulate it. It has an antitumor effect on mammary gland metastases.

If i was you, i would try to skip the prop and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for now and just focus on supps diet and nutrition and CARDIO. Give it a couple of months then go back to the doc and get the lab test done. If you have tried everything and it still improve then you can follow the protocol the doctor wrote up for you.

MENTZER said:
This is from british dragon's website

Product Desription:
Testosterone propionate is a male sexual hormone with pronounced, mainly androgenic action, possessing the biological and therapeutic properties of the natural hormone. In a healthy male organism, androgens are formed by the testes and adrenal cortex. It is normally produced in women in small physiological quantities. In addition to the specific action that determines the sexual characteristics of the individual, it also has a general anabolic action, manifested in enhancement of protein synthesis. Under the effect of testosterone, body weight increases and urea excretion is reduced. High doses suppress the production of hypophyseal gonadotropin, while low doses stimulate it. It has an antitumor effect on mammary gland metastases.

i was you, i would try to skip the prop and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for now and just focus on supps diet and nutrition and CARDIO. Give it a couple of months then go back to the doc and get the lab test done. If you have tried everything and it still improve then you can follow the protocol the doctor wrote up for you.

Interesting post on the low dose of prop. I would think that 100 mg's is a low dose right. Maybe the MD isn't retarded after all. Hormone modulation/ anti aging is his practice so maybe he knows what's up. I may as well go in for 1 more test and see what my levels are now (1 month later)...then maybe go with the program. Good advice guys...thanks a lot.

another thing guys...the high dose of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) prescribed (1 ml every day for the first ten days) Is there any danger in this...side affects??? I am new to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) (obviously with how shut down I am!!!!) so I don't know what the the ramifications of this are.

Thanks.

newdude2005 said:
Interesting post on the low dose of prop. I would think that 100 mg's is a low dose right. Maybe the MD isn't retarded after all. Hormone modulation/ anti aging is his practice so maybe he knows what's up. I may as well go in for 1 more test and see what my levels are now (1 month later)...then maybe go with the program. Good advice guys...thanks a lot.
I have seen literally hundreds of lab tests from men using ~100mg of testosterone cypionate/week which is actually less than 100mg of testosterone propionate. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was suppressed.

MENTZER is the guy the claims that Anavar isn't suppressive. You now know that isn't true. He recommends supplements instead of real and proven post cycle therapy (pct). He makes assertions without proper bloodwork. Just ignore him. If you aren't sure, then PM any mod on this board and ask them what they think of MENTZER's statements versus mine.

Now, what you said about just giving it a little more time and getting another bloodtest before taking any action...that makes sense. But, if you wanted to go ahead and do a proper post cycle therapy (pct) (Nolvadex, Clomid), then that wouldn't hurt.

newdude2005 said:
another thing guys...the high dose of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) prescribed (1 ml every day for the first ten days) Is there any danger in this...side affects??? I am new to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) (obviously with how shut down I am!!!!) so I don't know what the the ramifications of this are.

Thanks.
Too much hCG can desensitize the leydig cells. That is, cause permenant damage. 1,000iu/day is borderline and with all likelihood it wouldn't be a problem. But why chance it? 500iu/day is more than enough to fully stimulate the leydig cells to make testosterone.

Back